Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gareth Bale wants to play for Cardiff

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:58 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I think this is all crap. If the guy really wanted to play for his hometown club he'd play right now. How many more millions does he need to have enough and couldn't he live on £50k a week?

Would you turn down 250k a week to live closer to home? Come on mate.

I'd work in Yemen for that money

Absolutely I would to play for the fabulous Cardiff City, particularly if I was already a rich b*stard

not sure its just about money...most players want to play at as high a level as they can , win as many trophies/ score as many goals as they can...players did this when there was a maximum wage and generally its the same at parks level right through to the champions league...the money is pride and sort of a trophy in iteslf ..if dai is on 30 quid i want to be on 30 quid too type thing..

Trust me it's all about money!

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I think this is all crap. If the guy really wanted to play for his hometown club he'd play right now. How many more millions does he need to have enough and couldn't he live on £50k a week?

Absolutely I would to play for the fabulous Cardiff City, particularly if I was already a rich b*stard

If and buts though. You don't stay rich if you reject 200k a week.
His out goings will be sky high aswell.

A. He doesn't have to stay rich
B. If he can't live on £50k a week he should cut his outgoings
C. What an honour, to be a star with your hometown club. If we're not good enough for him bugger him I say

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:49 am

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

not sure its just about money...most players want to play at as high a level as they can , win as many trophies/ score as many goals as they can...players did this when there was a maximum wage and generally its the same at parks level right through to the champions league...the money is pride and sort of a trophy in iteslf ..if dai is on 30 quid i want to be on 30 quid too type thing..

Trust me it's all about money![/quote

:lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:02 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not sure why, he grew up supporting Arsenal.

Then again, Craig Bellamy has always been a Liverpool fan and joined us.

Would be good to see him play for us one day, but can’t see it - although his Uncle did play for us.

Go back 20 years plus and most kids in Cardiff had a premiership/division 1 team means nothing.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:04 am

City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

C. What an honour, to be a star with your hometown club. If we're not good enough for him bugger him I say

Why do you think it's about him and he has enough money now? Have you got kids? Personally I'll work as long as I can so i can set my kids up for life, it's not about him and his wife having enough he'll be looking to the future and what he
can do for his kids.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:06 am

Bonner wrote:Not sure about this story aswhen he was growing up he never had any time for Cardiff City, never a fan of his home town club .

Yeah judge him for decisions he made as a kid.

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:24 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Why do you think it's about him and he has enough money now? Have you got kids? Personally I'll work as long as I can so i can set my kids up for life, it's not about him and his wife having enough he'll be looking to the future and what he
can do for his kids.

Yes I've got kids. He's got more than enough for everyone's kids. There is a thing called greed you know

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:42 am

City Slicker wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

can do for his kids.

Yes I've got kids. He's got more than enough for everyone's kids. There is a thing called greed you know

You've never gone for another job for better money?

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

can do for his kids.

You've never gone for another job for better money?

No never, I work for myself