Jacks agree deal

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jacks agree deal

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Swansea City have announced they have agreed a compensation package with Swedish club FK Ostersunds for Graham Potter to take over at the Liberty Stadium.

The Englishman has been at the centre of speculation for weeks, and is all but certain to be confirmed as Carlos Carvalhal's successor at Swansea.

A club statement said: "The club has also agreed personal terms with Potter along with his assistant Billy Reid and recruitment analyst Kyle Macauley, who are set to join him at the Liberty.

"A further statement will follow in due course."

Potter has not yet officially been unveiled as manager but his reign is expected to begin in the next few days.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Jacks agree deal

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jacks agree deal

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 pm

SWANSEA AGREE POTTER COMPENSATION

Swansea have confirmed that a compensation package has been finalised with Ostersunds for manager Graham Potter.

The club has also agreed personal terms with Potter along with his assistant Billy Reid and recruitment analyst Kyle Macauley, who are set to join him at the Liberty.

The 43-year-old is due in Swansea early next week to complete his move to Wales, the club have also said.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby stuey1965 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 pm

They're deluded if they think he can make them play magic football. They've definitely got the wrong potter, Harry is the man they need
stuey1965

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm

stuey1965 wrote:They're deluded if they think he can make them play magic football. They've definitely got the wrong potter, Harry is the man they need

They're already talking about going straight back up like its a given. This is a manager like Ole from a sub standard league with no idea about the championship.
WelshPatriot

Postby BlueDredd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Brilliant. A non championship manager to join a sinking ship.

Predicted finish for the Jacks?

14th.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby tonythomas » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off, was listening to Danny Gabbs & Iwan Roberts and they were praising him.
Plodder of a player, but he's got himself a degree since retiring.
By all accounts, really good on man management and worked miracles , albeit in Sweden.
That being said, even with his skills, can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Relegation again for the Jack's it is then. :-D
tonythomas

Postby neathbluebird » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Brilliant. A non championship manager to join a sinking ship.

Predicted finish for the Jacks?

14th.

Think you being a a bit optimistic on how high they`ll finish....Yanks are going to want their so called "investment"back so my opinion is they will really struggle
neathbluebird

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:20 am

I don't think it's a bad appointment myself :lol: :?

I watched a feature on Football Focus back last year on this fella, he took this Club in Sweden from the 4th tier to the top division, galvanised the entire Club and area, won the Swedish Cup, got them into Europe then through the group stages in the Europa League and beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

No more of a risk than Rowett (Bottler) at Stoke, Moore (little to no experience) at WBA and Lampard (No experience) at Derby.

I'm gutted they have got him to be honest.
RV Casual

Postby Carlossus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:I don't think it's a bad appointment myself :lol: :?

I watched a feature on Football Focus back last year on this fella, he took this Club in Sweden from the 4th tier to the top division, galvanised the entire Club and area, won the Swedish Cup, got them into Europe then through the group stages in the Europa League and beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

No more of a risk than Rowett (Bottler) at Stoke, Moore (little to no experience) at WBA and Lampard (No experience) at Derby.

remember what Ole done for Norwegian club before taking Cardiff job.
Carlossus

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I don't know anything about him and nor do the white sox fans. But the sentiment seems like he's a decent manager but with no Championship experience which is a big risk.

No doubt he will have a full contract pay out clause in place for when the jacks routinely sack their manager after a few months. Expecto Ratsackus Mr Potter.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Carlossus wrote:

Totally different mate, Molde were already an established Club in the Norwegion Tippeligaen.

Besides, Ole's tenure at Cardiff is massively unfairly slaughtered IMO. He came to a Club that was at War, rotten to the core, I'm not sure anyone would have saved us.

Then he was allowed to bring in players in the summer but sacked after 9 League and Cup games, what was the point of that?? I blame Tan for that not Ole.

Out of those we had Won 4, Drawn 2 and Lost 3, it was FAR from a disaster and the 3 games we lost were against teams who all ended up finishing in the Top 7 (Norwich went up).
RV Casual

Postby Carlossus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Carlossus wrote:

Totally different mate, Molde were already an established Club in the Norwegion Tippeligaen.

Besides, Ole's tenure at Cardiff is massively unfairly slaughtered IMO. He came to a Club that was at War, rotten to the core, I'm not sure anyone would have saved us.

Then he was allowed to bring in players in the summer but sacked after 9 League and Cup games, what was the point of that?? I blame Tan for that not Ole.

Out of those we had Won 4, Drawn 2 and Lost 3, it was FAR from a disaster and the 3 games we lost were against teams who all ended up finishing in the Top 7 (Norwich went up).

Accept your stats though not you view on Ole,from one week to another never knew what side he was going to play and it wasnt the odd tactical change seems he could not decide what his team was.
Carlossus

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Carlossus wrote:

Seems the same to me, Swansea are at war, the fans hate the old owner seller, they hate the new owners and the trust for letting them down, this bloke has to sell injury prone players (Bony) on allegedly around £100K a week, they are in a mess and needed experience like Rowett or Pullis or even a Monk type Manager.
Bluebina

Postby tonythomas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm definitely in your camp on this one RV, IMO he's the perfect choice for them and could do a decent job
However, with the politics and stuff going on down there ATM, my personal opinion is that he won't be given a decent chance.
Would be surprised to see him still there this time next year.
tonythomas

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:46 pm

I agree with you on this. I listened to an interview with him before his club beat Arsenal and was very impressed. I think he may do well but without any championship experience it’s a gamble.
If we were in a similar position I wouldn’t be too unhappy about appointing him.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Its nothing to gauge him on. The Swedish 4th tier is lower than league two in footballing terms.

The ability to look and talk the part when being interviewed for media is also nothing to gauge him on, Ole was great in front of the camera.

The Championship is highly regarded by many as the hardest league in the world to get out of,couple this with a club in disarray,a lack of investment, best players going etc and a manager with not even league one experience is a huge risk.
WelshPatriot

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Its nothing to gauge him on. The Swedish 4th tier is lower than league two in footballing terms.

The ability to look and talk the part when being interviewed for media is also nothing to gauge him on, Ole was great in front of the camera.

The Championship is highly regarded by many as the hardest league in the world to get out of,couple this with a club in disarray,a lack of investment, best players going etc and a manager with not even league one experience is a huge risk.

I'm not Gauging him on the 4th tier of Swedish Football :?

I'm gauging him on the fact he took a team from the 4th tier of Swedish Football to the Top Division and a Cup Win and not only took Ostersunds into the Europa League he did it beating Galatasaray and PAOK in the qualifying, then qualified for the knockout stages from a group including Atletico Bilbao and Hertha Berlin and then beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

Of course the appointment is a risk, but so is Lampard at Derby, Roberts at WBA amongst others.

People need to stop comparing him with Ole aswell, there is zero comparison :? :? :?
RV Casual

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I'm gauging him on the fact he took a team from the 4th tier of Swedish Football to the Top Division and a Cup Win and not only took Ostersunds into the Europa League he did it beating Galatasaray and PAOK in the qualifying, then qualified for the knockout stages from a group including Atletico Bilbao and Hertha Berlin and then beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

Of course the appointment is a risk, but so is Lampard at Derby, Roberts at WBA amongst others.

People need to stop comparing him with Ole aswell, there is zero comparison :? :? :?

Same arsenal that lost 4-2 to Forest in the cup? Smaller teams can be more up for a cup match we know that.

Galatasary aside from the Turkish domestic league have done bugger all in Europe can't even win their domestic cup.

I mention Ole purely because he's the most recent appointment we've had from a league abroad not as a like for like comparison.
WelshPatriot

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Same arsenal that lost 4-2 to Forest in the cup? Smaller teams can be more up for a cup match we know that.

Galatasary aside from the Turkish domestic league have done bugger all in Europe can't even win their domestic cup.

I mention Ole purely because he's the most recent appointment we've had from a league abroad not as a like for like comparison.

You just seem blinded by your hatred for the Jacks. Not comparable to the job Ole had done at Molde, a well established club with a relatively large budget for the league they’re in.

To gauge your opinion on Potter on the fact he’s previously managed in the 4th division of Sweden is laughable given everything he achieved taking them to Europe.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

You just seem blinded by your hatred for the Jacks. Not comparable to the job Ole had done at Molde, a well established club with a relatively large budget for the league they’re in.

To gauge your opinion on Potter on the fact he’s previously managed in the 4th division of Sweden is laughable given everything he achieved taking them to Europe.

You beat me to it mate.

Pointless talking to him, unbelievable attitude to Potters achievents which are outstandingly briliant by anyone's standards.
RV Casual

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I don't care for these lower league clubs tbh.
2blue2handle

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:47 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Nothing to do with a hatred of the Jack's. I just see his potential differently to yours.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:50 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

You beat me to it mate.

Pointless talking to him, unbelievable attitude to Potters achievents which are outstandingly briliant by anyone's standards.

Your getting wound up because I view his career to date differently to yours.
Christ let's not talk about any of our players then in case again heaven forbid we disagree.

I know jacks who some are happy about his appointment and some who are worried but heckrent getting us upset as you because they disagree.
WelshPatriot

Postby RV Casual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

You beat me to it mate.

Your getting wound up because I view his career to date differently to yours.
Christ let's not talk about any of our players then in case again heaven forbid we disagree.

I know jacks who some are happy about his appointment and some who are worried but heckrent getting us upset as you because they disagree.

:lol:

On the contrary, not wound up at all, but there is little point continuing the conversation when we are poles apart in our 'view of his career to date'.

He took a team from the Swedish equivalent of League 2 to the Swedish equivalent of the Premier League, won the Swedish equivalent of the FA Cup and took Ostersund into Europe for the first ever time and to the last 32 of the Europa Leage.

All with a team that was averaging 783 fans a game when he took over and now averages just over 5k a game. He did all that in 7 years.

Irrespective of what happens now, to me, 'his career to date' is nothing short of superb, but you entitled to your view of course.
RV Casual

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm

I don't think anyone can predict if this is a good or bad appontment, even when it looks really good it turns sour or when it look wrong it sometimes works. But, this has all the hallmarks of the Trollope diversion we suckered up.

The Jacks want success or their "swansea way" back. The board goes and gets a relatively cheap "fairy tale" story who plays the right way, with good connections and knowledge of the undervalued Scandinavian market...The suck it up until it dawns on them its shit, they are 16th and just got played off the park by "little" Brentford.
But its a "long term project" they will be told, look at 'arrys record, he gets better season on season......

$$$$$$$$$ to the Private Equity boys

Genuine question (not being cocky) Who was the last relatively unknown manager to get promoted from the championship?

Is the Swedish league higher than Dortmund reserves ? Anyone else ?
llan bluebird

Postby RV Casual » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think anyone can predict if this is a good or bad appontment, even when it looks really good it turns sour or when it look wrong it sometimes works. But, this has all the hallmarks of the Trollope diversion we suckered up.

The Jacks want success or their "swansea way" back. The board goes and gets a relatively cheap "fairy tale" story who plays the right way, with good connections and knowledge of the undervalued Scandinavian market...The suck it up until it dawns on them its shit, they are 16th and just got played off the park by "little" Brentford.
But its a "long term project" they will be told, look at 'arrys record, he gets better season on season......

Genuine question (not being cocky) Who was the last relatively unknown manager to get promoted from the championship?

Of course it can go either way, Swansea are not the only ones taking a risk Derby are doing it with Lampard, WBA with Moore

In answer to your question off the top of my head Sean Dyche (had only managed Watford for a few games took Burnley up first season), Alex Neil managing Hamilton in Scotland, took Norwich straight up. David Wagner, ironically managing Dortmund reserves, took Huddersfield up in his second season.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I don't think anyone can predict if this is a good or bad appontment, even when it looks really good it turns sour or when it look wrong it sometimes works. But, this has all the hallmarks of the Trollope diversion we suckered up.

Of course it can go either way, Swansea are not the only ones taking a risk Derby are doing it with Lampard, WBA with Moore

In answer to your question off the top of my head Sean Dyche (had only managed Watford for a few games took Burnley up first season), Alex Neil managing Hamilton in Scotland, took Norwich straight up. David Wagner, ironically managing Dortmund reserves, took Huddersfield up in his second season.

Also Karanka at Boro, his first Managers Job took Boro up in his 2nd season.
RV Casual

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Gone by Christmas end of.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:39 pm

your correct dortmunds ex reserve manager taking Huddersfield up was the last. which of course nullifies the point you were attempting to make...is the Swedish lge higher than Dortmund reserves is a maybe.
dogfound

Return to General Chat