Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Would you take James McClean?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 pm

This thread sums it up, splits the fan base, that's the last thing Warnock needs after doing such a brilliant job in unifying us!!

As above he can sign for Celtic, but wouldn't be welcomed by the majority of our fans, and besides, he's not even good enough anyway.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:This thread sums it up, splits the fan base, that's the last thing Warnock needs after doing such a brilliant job in unifying us!!

As above he can sign for Celtic, but wouldn't be welcomed by the majority of our fans, and besides, he's not even good enough anyway.

The majority of our fans wouldn’t know about all this nonsense. Just a handful of message board users

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Keep POLITICS OUT OF SPORT yes

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:Idiots hate McClean because he wouldnt wear the poppy ... James grew up on the same estate that 6 people were murdered by British soldiers during sunday bloody sunday .... he had every right to not wear if he didnt want too. It was his choice. Great player.
you sound like an ira apologist with this post ? I'm British have lots of friends who served in the armed forces this c**t disrespect that so I dont want the rat playing for us

God you talk a lot of right wing `alf Garnett` nonsense mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:This is Mcleans statement regarding the issue couple of years back, if you can honestly say that, in his situation, you WOULD wear the poppy, then you are lying to yourself.

https://www.joe.ie/sport/pic-james-mccl ... ght-474522

in a nutshell he wants to cherrypick which deceased members of our armed forces should be respected..these young men join up often with no idea what conflicts they may or may not end up in..while not being upstanding enough to earn his money somewhere where part of the countries fabric does not offend him
i think if you have McCleans point of view here and dont see yourself as the nuclear weapon of hypocrites you are also lying to yourself..

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:51 pm

If James McClean signs for us its "game over" for me after 50 years a Bluebird

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 pm

dogfound wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:This is Mcleans statement regarding the issue couple of years back, if you can honestly say that, in his situation, you WOULD wear the poppy, then you are lying to yourself.

in a nutshell he wants to cherrypick which deceased members of our armed forces should be respected..these young men join up often with no idea what conflicts they may or may not end up in..while not being upstanding enough to earn his money somewhere where part of the countries fabric does not offend him
i think if you have McCleans point of view here and dont see yourself as the nuclear weapon of hypocrites you are also lying to yourself..

He does not once refer to the conflicts in Ireland or the IRA that were killed by the Brits. He talks about bloody Sunday, you know, the one where 14 unarmed civilians were shot dead, some only for trying to give medical aid to the wounded. The one where the British government has given a formal apology to ireland, and where British forces have been arrested on murder charges.

He can still pay his respects to members of other conflicts in his own way, or are you of the fascist view that we should all wear a symbol or be ostracised from British society?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Jonty106 wrote:If James McClean signs for us its "game over" for me after 50 years a Bluebird

Cry me a river we've been through far worse in my 24 years as a bluebird

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 pm

I don't like the guy generally, seems an arrogant sod but 3 goals in 99 games for wba, I don't see any value in him if he wears a poppy or not.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm

I personally wear a poppy but I can respect his reasons for not wearing one. He explains it respectfully and is perfectly entitled not to wear one. I still wouldn't sign him though as I don't think he is good enough.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Definitely would take him, last few games of the season under a manager who had the players knowing what they were doing he was phenomenal for West Brom. Not going into politics again.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

He does not once refer to the conflicts in Ireland or the IRA that were killed by the Brits. He talks about bloody Sunday, you know, the one where 14 unarmed civilians were shot dead, some only for trying to give medical aid to the wounded. The one where the British government has given a formal apology to ireland, and where British forces have been arrested on murder charges.

He can still pay his respects to members of other conflicts in his own way, or are you of the fascist view that we should all wear a symbol or be ostracised from British society?

not once do i mention the IRA or conflicts in Ireland...just weapons grade cherrypicking hypocrites..
i fail to see how an 18 year old doing his duty killed by sniper in Ireland is different to an 18 year old killed by a sniper in France..
the fact that civilians were killed a few days later or earlier { civilians are killed in most conflicts,often in much larger numbers } makes his death no less of a tradgedy...its like saying nobody should mourn or remember YOUR passing because the bloke that lived next door to you was a murderer..

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 pm

dogfound wrote:its like saying nobody should mourn or remember YOUR passing because the bloke that lived next door to you was a murderer..

If that is your way of thinking i dont think we will ever get anywhere near a middle ground in terms of a debate. The poppy has become a politically charged symbol for the British army. WWII veterans, iraq/afghan vets, and many others have all admitted this, and i take their word over yours before you dispute it.

This symbol of the british army is obviously not going to go down well with someone who grew up in an area where the british military committed murder.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:01 pm

dogfound wrote:these young men join up often with no idea what conflicts they may or may not end up in

Here you mention conflict.. he has NO issue with conflicts, like i said his issue was with the war crimes committed by british military

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 pm

AHERNE wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:Idiots hate McClean because he wouldnt wear the poppy ... James grew up on the same estate that 6 people were murdered by British soldiers during sunday bloody sunday .... he had every right to not wear if he didnt want too. It was his choice. Great player.
you sound like an ira apologist with this post ? I'm British have lots of friends who served in the armed forces this c**t disrespect that so I dont want the rat playing for us

So calling out a ira supporter is right wing ????

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Definitely would take him, last few games of the season under a manager who had the players knowing what they were doing he was phenomenal for West Brom. Not going into politics again.

We rely on our widemen to get goals, he basically averages a goal a season.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Explain how he is an ira supporter? must have some evidence to back up your continuous claims? if so i'd be happy to see it.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Not much on tele tonight I take it?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Not much on tele tonight I take it?

:laughing6: :laughing6: seasons over and wales arent in the WC this thread is going to continue through to august i imagine

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Explain how he is an ira supporter? must have some evidence to back up your continuous claims? if so i'd be happy to see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Do you know what the easter lily is? its often worn to commemorate those who died in the easter uprising. The easter uprising took place about 50 years BEFORE the IRA even became active?

i really cant be arsed to go into the easter uprising and whether people are right to commemorate those who died fighting in it, but commemorating the easter uprising has nothing to do with the IRA and its not, directly, an IRA badge.

Anything else?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Do you know what the easter lily is? its often worn to commemorate those who died in the easter uprising.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Just Google his name plenty of articles on his nationalist roots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:Just Google his name plenty of articles on his nationalist roots

nationalist does not equal IRA. I feel im welsh nationalist to an extent but you wont find me burning holiday homes up north with the meibion glyndwr.

The free derry corner was the background to bloody sunday which, like he said in his statement, he obviously feels is important to his life. The free derry corner is probably the most famous landmark in his hometown too, and the poem below the tattoo just speaks about how important home is to him.

Again, does not mean he is pro ira. If you went to ireland you'd probably think every single fucker there was an ira member going by this evidence :laughing6:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
dogfound wrote:its like saying nobody should mourn or remember YOUR passing because the bloke that lived next door to you was a murderer..

If that is your way of thinking i dont think we will ever get anywhere near a middle ground in terms of a debate. The poppy has become a politically charged symbol for the British army. WWII veterans, iraq/afghan vets, and many others have all admitted this, and i take their word over yours before you dispute it.

This symbol of the british army is obviously not going to go down well with someone who grew up in an area where the british military committed murder.

the poppy is not a symbol of the British army though..and will never be no matter how often some people want to twist it..
really dont understand those that want to tar every single person who has died in service to being war criminals...
all the jews to the gas chamber
all the armed forces are murderers..
sounds like the same sort of mono thoughts to me..
yes i take vets words over yours too..the 99 per cent of vets that are not nut jobs.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 pm

dogfound wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

the poppy is not a symbol of the British army though..and will never be no matter how often some people want to twist it..
really dont understand those that want to tar every single person who has died in service to being war criminals...
all the jews to the gas chamber
all the armed forces are murderers..
sounds like the same sort of mono thoughts to me..
yes i take vets words over yours too..the 99 per cent of vets that dont think it a political charged symbol.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
dogfound wrote:these young men join up often with no idea what conflicts they may or may not end up in

Here you mention conflict.. he has NO issue with conflicts, like i said his issue was with the war crimes committed by british military

not ALL muslims are terrorists and belong to grooming gangs
BUT
ALL servicemen and women are war criminals... :thumbup:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:19 pm

dogfound wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

not ALL muslims are terrorists and belong to grooming gangs
BUT
ALL servicemen and women are war criminals... :thumbup:

What the f**k are you on about? i specifically said he has no problem with CONFLICTS he supports vets from WW11 and 1, but he feels so strongly about the fact that the british military murdered people in his hometown that he chooses not to wear the poppy. Nobody mentioned muslim terrorists, and certainly nobody said that all servicemen are war criminals.

As for your last comment with ramblings about jews and gas chambers I could not find one sentence which was relevant to this conversation so i'll leave that be :laughing5:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 am

This guy's political views do not concern me but I wonder how good he actually is and whether he would be good for us. At the moment I prefer the lad from Besiktas whom we appear to be linked to.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm

His Fenian antics are just too much.
We've had some beauts over the years but sorry, BIG NO.
(looks like its a non-runner anyway).