Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Berahino anyone?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:00 am

Would he be worth a punt ? I reckon Warnock could whip him into shape.

Re: Berahino anyone?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:08 am

His recent record is 34 Premier League Games 0 goals :lol:

Having said that mind, the boy clearly has/had ability, you could be on to something, Stoke only paid £12 Million for him and gave him a 5 and a half year contract :shock: they might be willing to offload him and cut their losses.

If you could pick him up for £5-6 Million chuck in a few add on's like extra £3 Million if we stay up then he could be exactly the type of player to go for if Warnock could get him firing :thumbup:

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am

Not even on a free !

We've got this far by having an amazing team spirit and work ethic. Putting Berahino into our club would run the very real risk on undoing all that at a time when we're really going to need to stick together.

He certainly has talent but he's upset the dressing rooms at WBA and Stoke and is in danger of seeing his career meandering into oblivion.

Ironically, Warnock is probably what he needs but the team spirit at the club at the moment trumps everything else and whilst he might take risks on players who are underperforming I don't think he'd take a risk on anyone deemed as "disruptive".

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:Not even on a free !

We've got this far by having an amazing team spirit and work ethic. Putting Berahino into our club would run the very real risk on undoing all that at a time when we're really going to need to stick together.

He certainly has talent but he's upset the dressing rooms at WBA and Stoke and is in danger of seeing his career meandering into oblivion.

Ironically, Warnock is probably what he needs but the team spirit at the club at the moment trumps everything else and whilst he might take risks on players who are underperforming I don't think he'd take a risk on anyone deemed as "disruptive".

My thoughts exactly. Please no.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:26 am

Some players just need to find the right club & manager, City & Neil, what better combo do you want ? a gamble yes,if he finds form he's a diamond.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 am

Roadrunner wrote:Some players just need to find the right club & manager, City & Neil, what better combo do you want ? a gamble yes,if he finds form he's a diamond.

Problem is he is no doubt on a big wages and isn't likely to take much of a drop even on a free.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am

Really is silly season isn't it !!
A) The bloke couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel
B) He's being paid a £ 100k a week, for having the talent of NOT being able to do the aforementioned so well.
Run it past one more time, WHY do you want him at Cardiff ?

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:56 am

Sorry, his wages are not £100k, they are only £80k.
Still can't score though.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Not even on a free !

Ive read somewhere Warnock studies the attitude of players before signing them on.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

tonythomas wrote:Really is silly season isn't it !!
A) The bloke couldn't hit a cow's arse with a shovel
B) He's being paid a £ 100k a week, for having the talent of NOT being able to do the aforementioned so well.
Run it past one more time, WHY do you want him at Cardiff ?

I'll play.

A) We need a striker with (potentially) Premier League Experience (He has this) and someone who can find the net (He's proved he can do this).

B) We (speculation granted) might not have a huge budget so need to look at players that are a realistic possibility. You have gone from him being on £100,000 a week, to £80,000 a week but I have seen an article that say's he is on £3,000.000 a year which is £57,000 a week (probably still out of our price range granted).

You take out his 'controversies' then he has to be a consideration. Everyone deserves a fresh opportunity and there could be a deal done with Stoke possibly a season long loan, I don't see what is silly about that.

Talking of his recent lack of goals his career isn't to dissimilar to Fraizer Campbell in that respect who's record when we signed him was absolutely abysmal.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm

I think this fellas probably burnt all his bridges in this country.Attitude wise I've heard nothing good and even the Gaffa can't polish a turd.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:57 pm

This isn’t the worst idea. He has so much ability but he’s sulked ever since Pulis blocked his move to Spurs. With Warnock and a squad of professional players who conduct themselves correctly surrounding him, he could be in an environment where he could thrive with us. Could be similar to Harry Redknapp stealing Di Canio all those years ago, it’s the only way we will be able to get in a player who can give us that bit of extra quality. I would target him by offering a season loan paying 50% of his wages with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:57 pm

i would take him but i wouldnt want to pay him even half of his current 80k a week, so wont happen

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Not for me he wants the money won’t put the effort in imo

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm

I'll play as well, and I'll raise you.
Premier league experience, granted he's played in the Premier league.
" He's proved he can score"
Sorry, but the fella hasn't scored a Premier league goal for over two years.
Give Gary Nadine two years in the Premiership and I reckon he would score at least once.
He's under contract at Stoke who paid good money for him, so they'd want to recoup.
Buy him ??? No
Loan him ?? would you want to pay a loan fee and even half his wages on the off chance that he may score a few.
The fella had one decent season with WBA, when no one new him, and he's made a fortune off of it.
The fellas been worked out, add the stories of his petulance and would you still want him anywhere near.
It's a train wreck waiting to happen.
Definitely a NO for me.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Wouldn't want Berahino and Madiene in a brothel

Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:36 pm

I'd go as far as to say Berahino couldn't score in a brothel, even with his £57-£80 k in his back pocket. :-D

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 pm

tonythomas wrote:I'll play as well, and I'll raise you.
Premier league experience, granted he's played in the Premier league.
" He's proved he can score"
Sorry, but the fella hasn't scored a Premier league goal for over two years.
Give Gary Nadine two years in the Premiership and I reckon he would score at least once.
He's under contract at Stoke who paid good money for him, so they'd want to recoup.
Buy him ??? No
Loan him ?? would you want to pay a loan fee and even half his wages on the off chance that he may score a few.
The fella had one decent season with WBA, when no one new him, and he's made a fortune off of it.
The fellas been worked out, add the stories of his petulance and would you still want him anywhere near.
It's a train wreck waiting to happen.
Definitely a NO for me.

And the winner is ....... tonythomas. :laughing6:
Sorry RV you’re way out on this and it’s a definite no from me.
Why take a huge gamble on this waster when somebody like Hernandez is on a free from Hull?
The poster who said about Warnock looking up on a players attitude was spot on and the reason we pulled out of the deal for Grabban late on.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 pm

As a player i would definatly have him.
He has all the talent to be a top 6 club player its just a shame about his attitude.

If we could loan him paying half wages without a fee and with a send back clause if he doesnt pull his weight or is disruptive then i would take a gamble.
Without the send back clause i wouldnt touch him.