Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ MORE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES ANNOUNCED “

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Cardiff City will continue their pre-season preparations with a training camp at Champneys, Leicestershire - taking on both Rotherham United and Burton Albion during that time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City’s plans for the summer are starting to take shape as we prepare for the 2018/19 Premier League campaign...

We're pleased to confirm away tests against Rotherham United and Burton Albion, which will follow our match at Taff's Well and trip to Cornwall & Devon. Scroll down for more.

Further fixtures and the remainder of this summer's exciting itinerary will be announced soon.

For the second year running, Neil Warnock's and his men will kick off their preparations against Taff's Well FC. Having faced the Wellmen in a successful match last summer, City will return to Rhiw'r Ddar at 7pm on Friday 13th July.

The Bluebirds will then head down to Cornwall and Devon, renewing acquaintances with a number of sides that welcomed us this time last year.

A total of seven matches will be played during the trip - with three first-team fixtures and four outings for our U23 side. However, several of the U23 fixtures are set to include representation from City's first-team squad.

Full schedule

Sunday 15th July – Truro City vs. Cardiff City (U23), Treyew Road (2pm)

Monday 16th July – Tavistock AFC vs. Cardiff City (FT), Langsford Park

Tuesday 17th July – AFC St. Austell vs. Cardiff City (U23), Poltair Park

Wednesday 18th July – Bodmin Town vs. Cardiff City (FT), Priory Park

Thursday 19th July – Porthleven FC vs. Cardiff City (U23), Gala Parc

Friday 20th July – Torquay United vs. Cardiff City (FT), Plainmoor

Saturday 21st July – Liskeard Athletic vs. Cardiff City (U23), Lux Park (2pm)

dnesday 25th July – Rotherham United vs. Cardiff City (FT), New York Stadium (7:45pm)

Saturday 28th July – Burton Albion vs. Cardiff City (FT), Pirelli Stadium (2pm)

Re: “ MORE PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES ANNOUNCED “

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:22 pm

A couple of home fixtures to conclude pre-season would be nice.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:42 pm

I am sure that they will announce 1 or 2 strong opponents- hopefully at home.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:43 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:I am sure that they will announce 1 or 2 strong opponents- hopefully at home.

Someone mentioned Celta vigo, not sure if that's true...

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Quite fancy the Burton one, will be a new ground for me.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Real Betis.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Wouldn't have minded Burton but working that weekend so doing Torquay for one night instead.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 pm

These former club relationships could be quite beneficial. A chance to farm for us and loan out younger squad members.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Dissapointed with the lack of home fixtures for pre season we have had in recent years,

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Dissapointed with the lack of home fixtures for pre season we have had in recent years,

We only usually have one home friendly which is penned in for a Spanish team week before season starts I think

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

Someone on Twitter I thinks it's chippenham academy has confirmed a friendly with Cardiff city at chippenham on 15th August. Guessing that's a youth match

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am

Heatho93-x wrote:Someone on Twitter I thinks it's chippenham academy has confirmed a friendly with Cardiff city at chippenham on 15th August. Guessing that's a youth match

Yes it is :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 am

Cardiff City yesterday confirmed pre-season friendlies with two of Neil Warnock’s former clubs, Rotherham United and Burton Albion.

And the meeting with the latter could well spark moves for several fringe players at City, with Warnock seemingly keen to capitalise on the strong relationship he has with his ex-employers.

“When I spoke to him about the game and arranging it, he mentioned a couple of loan players and stuff.
“It might be too big a gap now, from the Premier League to League One.
“But it’s something that we’ll certainly explore.
“We’ve got a good relationship, obviously the chairman has known him a very long time, so we are going to need all the help we can get with things like that.”

Nigel Clough speaking to the Burton Mail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City yesterday confirmed pre-season friendlies with two of Neil Warnock’s former clubs, Rotherham United and Burton Albion.

And the meeting with the latter could well spark moves for several fringe players at City, with Warnock seemingly keen to capitalise on the strong relationship he has with his ex-employers.

“When I spoke to him about the game and arranging it, he mentioned a couple of loan players and stuff.
“It might be too big a gap now, from the Premier League to League One.
“But it’s something that we’ll certainly explore.
“We’ve got a good relationship, obviously the chairman has known him a very long time, so we are going to need all the help we can get with things like that.”

Nigel Clough speaking to the Burton Mail

Omar Bogle will be playing at Burton next season then....

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Heatho93-x wrote:Someone on Twitter I thinks it's chippenham academy has confirmed a friendly with Cardiff city at chippenham on 15th August. Guessing that's a youth match

Yes it is :thumbright: :bluebird:

Any idea what age group the match will be. Will it be Chippenham U18 v Cardiff City U18

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City will continue their pre-season preparations with a training camp at Champneys, Leicestershire - taking on both Rotherham United and Burton Albion during that time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City’s plans for the summer are starting to take shape as we prepare for the 2018/19 Premier League campaign...

We're pleased to confirm away tests against Rotherham United and Burton Albion, which will follow our match at Taff's Well and trip to Cornwall & Devon. Scroll down for more.

Further fixtures and the remainder of this summer's exciting itinerary will be announced soon.

For the second year running, Neil Warnock's and his men will kick off their preparations against Taff's Well FC. Having faced the Wellmen in a successful match last summer, City will return to Rhiw'r Ddar at 7pm on Friday 13th July.

The Bluebirds will then head down to Cornwall and Devon, renewing acquaintances with a number of sides that welcomed us this time last year.

A total of seven matches will be played during the trip - with three first-team fixtures and four outings for our U23 side. However, several of the U23 fixtures are set to include representation from City's first-team squad.

Full schedule

Sunday 15th July – Truro City vs. Cardiff City (U23), Treyew Road (2pm)

Monday 16th July – Tavistock AFC vs. Cardiff City (FT), Langsford Park

Tuesday 17th July – AFC St. Austell vs. Cardiff City (U23), Poltair Park

Wednesday 18th July – Bodmin Town vs. Cardiff City (FT), Priory Park

Thursday 19th July – Porthleven FC vs. Cardiff City (U23), Gala Parc

Friday 20th July – Torquay United vs. Cardiff City (FT), Plainmoor

Saturday 21st July – Liskeard Athletic vs. Cardiff City (U23), Lux Park (2pm)

dnesday 25th July – Rotherham United vs. Cardiff City (FT), New York Stadium (7:45pm)

Saturday 28th July – Burton Albion vs. Cardiff City (FT), Pirelli Stadium (2pm)

Excellent news, i am 20 mins drive from Rotherham so can take in that one, wouldn't surprise me if we loan some of the fringe players to Rotherham. I believe Warnock has a good relationship with the Chairman there.