Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff make £4mill bid for Luke Ayling '

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Ayling is very similar to peltier, likes achallenge and won’t shirk one but lacks pace, which in the championship you can get away with but not the premiership.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 pm

GRCCFC wrote:Ayling is very similar to peltier, likes achallenge and won’t shirk one but lacks pace, which in the championship you can get away with but not the premiership.

Fully agree we need a quality right back. Ayling is not much improvement if any on pelts.... 4m please Not waste money

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:18 pm

What other RBs are out there guys? Be jnteresting to hear people’s thoughts ??

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:quite like this one.

but i think Sam Byram (especially now West Ham has signed fredericks) would be the better signing.

Hammers fans haven't been impressed with Byram.

Mind you Leeds fans weren't impressed with Bamba

Yeah every dog has its day and all that.

From what I remember of byram he’s a good player and should come cheap

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm

2 million sounds more reasonable, 3 mill at a push.

Strengthening the defence is exactly what’s needed. There much pace on this guy?

Next up - a strong reliable attacking midfielder. 4 mill I reckon.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Wolfpac wrote:What other RBs are out there guys? Be jnteresting to hear people’s thoughts ??

Elmohamady would be my target.

I think Peltier and Richards will be alright in the Premiership though. I would prefer us to sign Greg Cunningham so we have the correct balance of 2 left footed left backs and 2 right footed right backs.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Wolfpac wrote:What other RBs are out there guys? Be jnteresting to hear people’s thoughts ??

Elmohamady :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Cedric Soares from Southampton

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm

4 mil your having a laugh, he needs to sort that bun out too.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Think NW is looking at it that first and foremost fullbacks need to defend, hence this type of player.
If you're looking at a more attacking option, then has to be James Tavernier, but at least the guys not over the hill, still a few miles left in him, and perish the thought of going back down,got experience of championship.
If it wasn't for injury concerns on Jazz, don't think RB would be an area to address.
Gone are the days of the out and out wingers to have to contend with, so even with lack of pace should cope.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:33 pm

My mates a Leeds fan and says he’s their best player by a long shot. Good solid defender who deserves a crack at the premiership. Hard as nails and s long throw.
Those last 3 attributes make him a NW player surely

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

My mates a Leeds fan and says he’s their best player by a long shot. Good solid defender who deserves a crack at the premiership. Hard as nails and s long throw.

Seen him about 6 times against us home and away and every time he has been awful.

He’s not a hard player - he tries,but fails.
Falls over, makes poor passes and errors.

Stands out cos of his pony tail, but that makes it worse when you see all the mistakes he makes.

Has to foul a lot due to lack of pace.

His slip gave us the first goal at CCS last October .

Nowhere near good enough for us and I reckon the rumour is rubbish.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 pm

I thought he was probably their best player v us in the fixture when we won 3-1 but each to their own.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Seen him about 6 times against us home and away and every time he has been awful.

Stands out cos of his pony tail, but that makes it worse when you see all the mistakes he makes.

Apologies.
5 times.
Came off injured in 1, booked in 2, shocking in at least 3

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Apologies.
5 times.
Came off injured in 1, booked in 2, shocking in at least 3

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Tbf all Leeds players are shocking when they play us 8-)

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Your opinion. Fair enough. Based on 5 games.
He’s a season ticket holder.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Btw from what I’ve seen of him, I agree with you.

Btw from what I’ve seem of him (Bristol and Leeds) I agree with you.
My mate knows his football though and he’d be all to pleased to tell me he’s awful.
He actually said that there’s be uproar up there if he left

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

My mate knows his football though and he’d be all to pleased to tell me he’s awful

I'd side with your mate.

I can't recall seeing him play at full back last season and I think he played most or all of his games before he got injured last season, at Centre Back. It might be a coincidence, but Leeds's season went dramatically downhill after his injury and most of their players have looked shite against us the last few seasons as well. Even though they did the double over us the previous season, I thought we should have won both games.

To repeat my earlier post though, I think he'd be good acquisition for £4 million ish, as in the many games I've seen him play, he's worn his heart on his sleeve, and as he can play at full back, centre back and reportedly in midfield as well, I think that provides good value in today's inflated market.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 am

Overthemoon wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

My mate knows his football though and he’d be all to pleased to tell me he’s awful

I'd side with your mate.

I can't recall seeing him play at full back last season and I think he played most or all of his games before he got injured last season, at Centre Back. It might be a coincidence, but Leeds's season went dramatically downhill after his injury and most of their players have looked shite against us the last few seasons as well. Even though they did the double over us the previous season, I thought we should have won both games.

To repeat my earlier post though, I think he'd be good acquisition for £4 million ish, as in the many games I've seen him play, he's worn his heart on his sleeve, and as he can play at full back, centre back and reportedly in midfield as well, I think that provides good value in today's inflated market.

Bartleys shirt is now blue again.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 am

Would love to see Chester here but even with the fire sale at Villa he'd probably cost to much

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 am

Carpman wrote:Would love to see Chester here but even with the fire sale at Villa he'd probably cost to much

Cant see it, Warnock likes a big strong tall defenders. Cant see him getting ahead of what we already have either.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

McNaughtyButNice wrote:Ex wurzel and leeds scum. Only needs to turn out for the jacks and he has the complete trinity of filth. :)

WE definitely need to strengthen at right back as much as I like Peltier defensively, we need something stronger going forward. Not sure that Ayling fits the bill though.

Trinity of filth. That cracked me up fair play. Yeah we need someome better then Ayling