Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: £599!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:People always make these comments about putting all seats on sale. We had it last year for all the big games. They can only sell block by block. Why risk selling one seat in a block when there is a chance that a game might not sell out and they will have to open up one block with extra stewards just for one fan who wanted choice. Makes sense to sell block by block.

we should be looking to sell all our STs AND have a waiting list like the vast majority of clubs promoted to the prem which does not look like happening....you can not buy 3 or 4 together in the main bowl unless you want to pay over 500 quid to sit in the front of 209 meanwhile the club are holding back cheaper tickets in 511,512,515 and 516..because they are scrimping on a few stewards ?????...the first time i read that excuse i thought it was bonkers..it still is..

It is what it is stop moaning. People had the opportunity to buy tickets all sat with there mates cheaper months ago. All these people have obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool. So it’s simple stump up or shut up you only want to watch premiership teams then you only get to pay premium prices.

Totally agree, tuff tities

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Can’t see how some fans are still moaning about pricing. At the end of the day every fan had a chance to renew or take out a new season ticket early on at a very reasonable price.

Some did not want to take a gamble that we would be in the Premier League and that is a matter of choice. The club is a business and as such they have got it spot on. Rewarding loyal fans whilst encouraging others to join. Clearly on promotion there is more of a demand hence prices can go up. The club not only gave EVERY fan the option of getting the early bird price but then you had up until kick off on our last game against Reading to sign up knowing fully well that we had more then an excellent chance of being promoted.

The prices for the middle upper are the same as the Granstand hence you pay for a better view. Fans had ample choice to pick a cheaper part of the ground and if they didn’t do that then that must be their problem. You could have even sat in the same stand for a cheaper price further back or a block or two out either side.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:34 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Can’t see how some fans are still moaning about pricing. At the end of the day every fan had a chance to renew or take out a new season ticket early on at a very reasonable price.

Some did not want to take a gamble that we would be in the Premier League and that is a matter of choice. The club is a business and as such they have got it spot on. Rewarding loyal fans whilst encouraging others to join. Clearly on promotion there is more of a demand hence prices can go up. The club not only gave EVERY fan the option of getting the early bird price but then you had up until kick off on our last game against Reading to sign up knowing fully well that we had more then an excellent chance of being promoted.

The prices for the middle upper are the same as the Granstand hence you pay for a better view. Fans had ample choice to pick a cheaper part of the ground and if they didn’t do that then that must be their problem. You could have even sat in the same stand for a cheaper price further back or a block or two out either side.

And all that is fine, but just remember that next season if our crowds are low and there are empty seats left, right and centre, that is all the likes of myself and Dogfound are saying, it is my opinion the Club would have been better off keeping the prices down and selling more tickets, I have NEVER said the Club were wrong to up the prices, its their prerogative, they have gone the other way and upped the prices and HOPE that people are going to buy them anyway, its just not something I would have done based on knowing what our fan base is like after being a fan for 25 years. It will be embarrassing if for some games we only get 25-26,000 next season and have 8,000 empty seats, that just doesn't happen in the EPL but I can see it happening to us if we are in a relegation slump and getting beaten every week as our walk up will be non existent.

Would have been far better to keep the prices to a minimum, sell the maximum amount of season tickets possible, keep the minimum amount of walk up you have to and ensure we have as many fans in there week in week out as possible.

I'v said my piece on this subject on this thread and others now so that's the end from me (Thank f**k for that I here you say :lol: )

I sincerely look forward to the new season and hope I'm wrong :thumbup:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm

RV Casual wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Can’t see how some fans are still moaning about pricing. At the end of the day every fan had a chance to renew or take out a new season ticket early on at a very reasonable price.

And all that is fine, but just remember that next season if our crowds are low and there are empty seats left, right and centre, that is all the likes of myself and Dogfound are saying, it is my opinion the Club would have been better off keeping the prices down and selling more tickets, I have NEVER said the Club were wrong to up the prices, its their prerogative, they have gone the other way and upped the prices and HOPE that people are going to buy them anyway, its just not something I would have done based on knowing what our fan base is like after being a fan for 25 years. It will be embarrassing if for some games we only get 25-26,000 next season and have 8,000 empty seats, that just doesn't happen in the EPL but I can see it happening to us if we are in a relegation slump and getting beaten every week as our walk up will be non existent.

Would have been far better to keep the prices to a minimum, sell the maximum amount of season tickets possible, keep the minimum amount of walk up you have to and ensure we have as many fans in there week in week out as possible.

I'v said my piece on this subject on this thread and others now so that's the end from me (Thank f**k for that I here you say :lol: )

RV agree far better selling maximum seats and leave minimum seats to match day sales a 26k + crowd is better than 20k that's for sure :thumbup:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:People always make these comments about putting all seats on sale. We had it last year for all the big games. They can only sell block by block. Why risk selling one seat in a block when there is a chance that a game might not sell out and they will have to open up one block with extra stewards just for one fan who wanted choice. Makes sense to sell block by block.

we should be looking to sell all our STs AND have a waiting list like the vast majority of clubs promoted to the prem which does not look like happening....you can not buy 3 or 4 together in the main bowl unless you want to pay over 500 quid to sit in the front of 209 meanwhile the club are holding back cheaper tickets in 511,512,515 and 516..because they are scrimping on a few stewards ?????...the first time i read that excuse i thought it was bonkers..it still is..

It is what it is stop moaning. People had the opportunity to buy tickets all sat with there mates cheaper months ago. All these people have obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool. So it’s simple stump up or shut up you only want to watch premiership teams then you only get to pay premium prices.

people had the opportunity...correct..and id imagine most bought..21k prior to Reading game for a club that had les than 18k home fans for 2/3 rds of the home games 17/18 season.. pretty much covered all existing ST holders plus those who walked up frequently or semi frequently.......ALL THESE PEOPLE.?????.well thats the point..there arnt all these people in fact the only people ive seen making this point are like myself long term ST holders that just want the ground full ..to make the jump to filing a 33k stadium we needed to entice those who want to only watch the big teams into buying a ticket for the whole season..THESE people havent stumped up in numbers and they have shut up...{ should delight pple like yourself }
tbh im gobsmacked at the reply....new fans shouldnt have acccess to cheaper tickets or be allowed to sit together ???? ..wow..
and the huge irony is at least 90% of existing ST holders were themselves lured by a cup final ticket and a cheap ST or a golden ticket and a price freeze etc etc...but now see themselves as elite superfans who actually think someone else paying more is in some way rewarding them...

What are you talking about i never said new fans shouldn’t have access to cheaper tickets and be able to sit with there friends.

This is a nice little fact for you.

NEW FANS DID HAVE ACCESS TOO CHEAPER TICKETS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TOO SIT WITH THERE MATES THERE WAS A DEADLINE DEADLINE PASSED OPPORTUNITY GONE!

Same for you Tonteg should of just renewed your ticket with the finance option not the clubs fault you spent all your money.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

RV agree far better selling maximum seats and leave minimum seats to match day sales a 26k + crowd is better than 20k that's for sure :thumbup:

One thing is for certain & that is we won’t have crowds of 20k, we have sold more than that already and come the start of the season after some new signings they will be higher again. There is no doubt that the top teams will attract full houses whilst even with a game against a lower half team with walk ups I expect the crowd to be between 25-30k.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Easy mate 30K I would say, if we have sold 21,200 now, I’d say we will sell another 2 k come the start of the season, so say that’s 23K, plus 4K away fans and 2/3k walks ups we will be getting a nice crowd of 30k week in week ou, full houses for the top teams