Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£599!

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 pm

For a season ticket I’m the red stand. Just had a look to see how many we have sold, clicked on the red stand seats and they are selling 600 notes, that’s nuts can’t see many coughing up that.

Re: £599!

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:For a season ticket I’m the red stand. Just had a look to see how many we have sold, clicked on the red stand seats and they are selling 600 notes, that’s nuts can’t see many coughing up that.

they need to put ALL the seats on E Ticketing

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:For a season ticket I’m the red stand. Just had a look to see how many we have sold, clicked on the red stand seats and they are selling 600 notes, that’s nuts can’t see many coughing up that.

Loads more left isit? They need to keep some back
For walk up don’t they?

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I wanted to upgrade to the middle seats in ninian and couldn't. Ticket office not expecting to sell them? Annoying as one of the better views

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196913&p=2017408#p2017408

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:28 pm

They aren’t all £599.

At the back and out of the middle they are cheaper

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Loads more left isit? They need to keep some back
For walk up don’t they?

yes a certain amount have to be for walk up...but that doesnt stop them giving potential ST purchasers the full choice until there is only the walk up amount left...

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm

When I saw the IT title.....I thought someone has made a bid for Fred!! :laughing5: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Lengee wrote:When I saw the IT title.....I thought someone has made a bid for Fred!! :laughing5: :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm

£31.50 a game. Not bad for prem football. Its not like they gave people the option to buy them cheaper.....

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:20 pm

People always make these comments about putting all seats on sale. We had it last year for all the big games. They can only sell block by block. Why risk selling one seat in a block when there is a chance that a game might not sell out and they will have to open up one block with extra stewards just for one fan who wanted choice. Makes sense to sell block by block.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Leon1927 wrote:People always make these comments about putting all seats on sale. We had it last year for all the big games. They can only sell block by block. Why risk selling one seat in a block when there is a chance that a game might not sell out and they will have to open up one block with extra stewards just for one fan who wanted choice. Makes sense to sell block by block.

Would think every game will be a sell out next season, yes?

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:45 pm

No guarantee

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:£31.50 a game. Not bad for prem football. Its not like they gave people the option to buy them cheaper.....

Yeah not bad for best view in the house. Sides and back red teir are cheaper

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Leon1927 wrote:People always make these comments about putting all seats on sale. We had it last year for all the big games. They can only sell block by block. Why risk selling one seat in a block when there is a chance that a game might not sell out and they will have to open up one block with extra stewards just for one fan who wanted choice. Makes sense to sell block by block.

we should be looking to sell all our STs AND have a waiting list like the vast majority of clubs promoted to the prem which does not look like happening....you can not buy 3 or 4 together in the main bowl unless you want to pay over 500 quid to sit in the front of 209 meanwhile the club are holding back cheaper tickets in 511,512,515 and 516..because they are scrimping on a few stewards ?????...the first time i read that excuse i thought it was bonkers..it still is..

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 pm

dogfound wrote:

we should be looking to sell all our STs AND have a waiting list like the vast majority of clubs promoted to the prem which does not look like happening....you can not buy 3 or 4 together in the main bowl unless you want to pay over 500 quid to sit in the front of 209 meanwhile the club are holding back cheaper tickets in 511,512,515 and 516..because they are scrimping on a few stewards ?????...the first time i read that excuse i thought it was bonkers..it still is..

It is what it is stop moaning. People had the opportunity to buy tickets all sat with there mates cheaper months ago. All these people have obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool. So it’s simple stump up or shut up you only want to watch premiership teams then you only get to pay premium prices.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It is what it is stop moaning. People had the opportunity to buy tickets all sat with there mates cheaper months ago. All these people have obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool. So it’s simple stump up or shut up you only want to watch premiership teams then you only get to pay premium prices.

Not true. I couldn't afford to purchase a season ticket before the initial deadline because I forked out to watch us away to Villa, Derby, Hull etc at the end of the season. I couldn't afford to purchase a season ticket on top of that straight away, so the club have totally shit on me for my loyalty and now I'm punished with having to pay an inflated season ticket price.

I'm not happy, but I haven't moaned about it until now. You've made me moan about it, because of your assumption that I've "obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool". That's complete nonsense and I think there really needs to be better dialogue between the club and the fans.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:12 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

people had the opportunity...correct..and id imagine most bought..21k prior to Reading game for a club that had les than 18k home fans for 2/3 rds of the home games 17/18 season.. pretty much covered all existing ST holders plus those who walked up frequently or semi frequently.......ALL THESE PEOPLE.?????.well thats the point..there arnt all these people in fact the only people ive seen making this point are like myself long term ST holders that just want the ground full ..to make the jump to filing a 33k stadium we needed to entice those who want to only watch the big teams into buying a ticket for the whole season..THESE people havent stumped up in numbers and they have shut up...{ should delight pple like yourself }
tbh im gobsmacked at the reply....new fans shouldnt have acccess to cheaper tickets or be allowed to sit together ???? ..wow..
and the huge irony is at least 90% of existing ST holders were themselves lured by a cup final ticket and a cheap ST or a golden ticket and a price freeze etc etc...but now see themselves as elite superfans who actually think someone else paying more is in some way rewarding them...

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Not true. I couldn't afford to purchase a season ticket before the initial deadline because I forked out to watch us away to Villa, Derby, Hull etc at the end of the season. I couldn't afford to purchase a season ticket on top of that straight away, so the club have totally shit on me for my loyalty and now I'm punished with having to pay an inflated season ticket price.

I'm not happy, but I haven't moaned about it until now. You've made me moan about it, because of your assumption that I've "obviously decided to come now we will be playing Man United and Liverpool". That's complete nonsense and I think there really needs to be better dialogue between the club and the fans.

have a couple of mates in the same spot ,they were hoping 511 and 512 would have gone on sale as the stadium plan says those tickets are cheaper but at the moment seem pi55ed off and like you feel theyve been shit on..

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:03 am

"For a season ticket I'm the red stand. "

WTF ? :laughing6:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 am

Swansea just done 7 years in premier league never had a crowd in excess of 21000.Bournemouth cant get more than 12000 .crowds pretty much irrelevant at this level.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 am

skiprat wrote:Swansea just done 7 years in premier league never had a crowd in excess of 21000.Bournemouth cant get more than 12000 .crowds pretty much irrelevant at this level.

The bigger the crowd, the more cash for the club.
:old: very relevant.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:06 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

come on ross, you have 12 months to plan your season ticket and you know when they are out.

you go away a heck of a lot so obviously not penny pinching. poor comment blaming the club for this

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am

dogfound wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

have a couple of mates in the same spot ,they were hoping 511 and 512 would have gone on sale as the stadium plan says those tickets are cheaper but at the moment seem pi55ed off and like you feel theyve been shit on..

There's around 680 tickets at £ 399 that haven't been put on sale yet. I'm sure they will do at some time. They'll just to be quick off the mark as the cheaper tickets in the outer blocks will probably move quite quickly.

Not that surprising that the dearer tickets are taking a bit longer to shift. There were plenty unsold in the grandstand last season and on top of that they've had to sell level 4 in the grandstand and Ninian. That's a good few higher priced seats they expect to fill compared with recent seasons.

I doubt there'll be many season tickets left for sale come the beginning of August

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 am

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

people had the opportunity...correct..and id imagine most bought..21k prior to Reading game for a club that had les than 18k home fans for 2/3 rds of the home games 17/18 season.. pretty much covered all existing ST holders plus those who walked up frequently or semi frequently.......ALL THESE PEOPLE.?????.well thats the point..there arnt all these people in fact the only people ive seen making this point are like myself long term ST holders that just want the ground full ..to make the jump to filing a 33k stadium we needed to entice those who want to only watch the big teams into buying a ticket for the whole season..THESE people havent stumped up in numbers and they have shut up...{ should delight pple like yourself }
tbh im gobsmacked at the reply....new fans shouldnt have acccess to cheaper tickets or be allowed to sit together ???? ..wow..
and the huge irony is at least 90% of existing ST holders were themselves lured by a cup final ticket and a cheap ST or a golden ticket and a price freeze etc etc...but now see themselves as elite superfans who actually think someone else paying more is in some way rewarding them...

Well said.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:34 am

Fu** me you can tell the season is over and people got nothing to do but moan!! I think the club have handled this really well.

ALL season ticket holders were given a considerable amount of time to renew their existing seat with a price freeze, they then gave new season ticket holders an option to buy at the same price! If you didn't meet those deadline dates they put a minor increase on season ticket prices (this was made aware in the first announcement when season tickets were going on sale) to entice people to buy before the deadline.

Coming up to the Reading game the club saw an opportunity to increase sales further by announcing that sales would stop prior to kick off. They have now increased the prices further as the product you are buying will be better quality.

EVERYONE has had more than a fair opportunity to purchase a season ticket at reasonable prices, if you can't afford £599 and there is nothing else available then I'm sorry to say but that's life and not the clubs fault.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:38 am

Mikey27 wrote:Fu** me you can tell the season is over and people got nothing to do but moan!! I think the club have handled this really well.

ALL season ticket holders were given a considerable amount of time to renew their existing seat with a price freeze, they then gave new season ticket holders an option to buy at the same price! If you didn't meet those deadline dates they put a minor increase on season ticket prices (this was made aware in the first announcement when season tickets were going on sale) to entice people to buy before the deadline.

Coming up to the Reading game the club saw an opportunity to increase sales further by announcing that sales would stop prior to kick off. They have now increased the prices further as the product you are buying will be better quality.

EVERYONE has had more than a fair opportunity to purchase a season ticket at reasonable prices, if you can't afford £599 and there is nothing else available then I'm sorry to say but that's life and not the clubs fault.

Totally agree with all of this, well said Mikey. :thumbup:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

Ridiculous comment from Tonteg blaming the club, you could of purchase a ticket months ago and put it on a monthly pay plan, or stick it in your credit card if you have one like I did and pay it pack gradually, surely you can afford to pay it back now the Season is over and your not doing every away game as you said.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

come on ross, you have 12 months to plan your season ticket and you know when they are out.

you go away a heck of a lot so obviously not penny pinching. poor comment blaming the club for this

I don't think he's 'blaming' the Club Paul just a bit dissapointed, it's an unfortunate situation for the poster.

I have sympathy for him because it could have quite easily been me, yes people have all year to plan for a season ticket but life has a funny way of throwing you curve balls at times, like for myself I lost my job at the end of January, if it was not for the fact a very good mate of mine paid for my season ticket before the deadline and told me not to stress about paying him back until I find work I would more or likely have been in the same boat, and to be honest, disappointed. I appreciate these types of story's are probably thin on the ground but they are out there so it's a bit of a kick in the teeth the attitude some fans are taking to people like the poster I can imagine.

Secondly, all year there have been multiple posts, press articles you name it, lambasting our 'so called' poor crowds, now on the cusp of a wave and the possibility of having a full ground week in week out and getting new people in the stadium many of the same fans not only seem happy the Club have upped the prices they seem really smug about it.

As a Cardiff Fan for over 25 years and a season ticket holder of 20 years its not an attitude I understand to be honest and I have seen us play in front of less than 2,000 and 33,000, even 90,000 at Wembley when everyone jumped on the bandwagon as Dogfound pointed out with the Cup Final Ticket deal.

I watched us play Sunderland in front of 17,703 in January and I watched us play Reading on the final day in from of 32,478, an extra 15,000 turned up for that Reading game and not once did I think 'I hope you paid more than me' or 'where have you been all season', I was just happy they were there in a full rocking stadium.

Upping the prices in what will be pocket money to the Club in what they will earn from the Premier League hinders this and to be honest with you is a futile act IMO.

Some people are of the opinion we will sell out week in week out regardless, tbh I hope they are right and I am wrong, it's not in my interests to be wrong as I want the place packed out but I am doubtful.

21,200 Season Tickets have been sold so far, that is the 'Official' word from the Club as of two weeks ago, I don't see them shifting many more. If things go pear shaped and we find ourselves getting dicked week in week out I can see crowds of 25-26,000 for everyone other than the top 6 which will be a shame, our walk up in a 'Promotion Winning' season was practically nothing so I don't see that improving to watch a team in a 'relegation battle' at higher prices against teams who will be less glamorous to the floating fan than some of the teams we played in the Championship.

Only time will tell now :thumbup:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 am

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don't think he's 'blaming' the Club Paul just a bit dissapointed, it's an unfortunate situation for the poster.

I have sympathy for him because it could have quite easily been me, yes people have all year to plan for a season ticket but life has a funny way of throwing you curve balls at times, like for myself I lost my job at the end of January, if it was not for the fact a very good mate of mine paid for my season ticket before the deadline and told me not to stress about paying him back until I find work I would more or likely have been in the same boat, and to be honest, disappointed. I appreciate these types of story's are probably thin on the ground but they are out there so it's a bit of a kick in the teeth the attitude some fans are taking to people like the poster I can imagine.

Secondly, all year there have been multiple posts, press articles you name it, lambasting our 'so called' poor crowds, now on the cusp of a wave and the possibility of having a full ground week in week out and getting new people in the stadium many of the same fans not only seem happy the Club have upped the prices they seem really smug about it.

As a Cardiff Fan for over 25 years and a season ticket holder of 20 years its not an attitude I understand to be honest and I have seen us play in front of less than 2,000 and 33,000, even 90,000 at Wembley when everyone jumped on the bandwagon as Dogfound pointed out with the Cup Final Ticket deal.

I watched us play Sunderland in front of 17,703 in January and I watched us play Reading on the final day in from of 32,478, an extra 15,000 turned up for that Reading game and not once did I think 'I hope you paid more than me' or 'where have you been all season', I was just happy they were there in a full rocking stadium.

Upping the prices in what will be pocket money to the Club in what they will earn from the Premier League hinders this and to be honest with you is a futile act IMO.

Some people are of the opinion we will sell out week in week out regardless, tbh I hope they are right and I am wrong, it's not in my interests to be wrong as I want the place packed out but I am doubtful.

21,200 Season Tickets have been sold so far, that is the 'Official' word from the Club as of two weeks ago, I don't see them shifting many more. If things go pear shaped and we find ourselves getting dicked week in week out I can see crowds of 25-26,000 for everyone other than the top 6 which will be a shame, our walk up in a 'Promotion Winning' season was practically nothing so I don't see that improving to watch a team in a 'relegation battle' at higher prices against teams who will be less glamorous to the floating fan than some of the teams we played in the Championship.

Only time will tell now :thumbup:

meh, you talk about your personal situation and thats fine but thats not the situation the original poster was in as he stated. youve also turned it into a general post about season tickets, which wasnt a point i was making. personally dont think the clubs done anything wrong.

and he says the club shit on him so yes, i think hes blaming the club.