Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Danny Drinkwater

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Been. told by Chelsea he is free to leave either on loan or permanently.. forget Gruljic he will
Go Fulham I feel.. get Danny back is the shout.. he loved his time here and hopefully would come back with a massive point to prove

Re: Danny Drinkwater

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Would love him back, but on £120k a week at Chelsea. No way we would cover that, but other teams would prob end up at West ham

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Would love him back, but on £120k a week at Chelsea. No way we would cover that, but other teams would prob end up at West ham

Chelski would subsidise a lot of his wage no doubt..

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Been. told by Chelsea he is free to leave either on loan or permanently.. forget Gruljic he will
Go Fulham I feel.. get Danny back is the shout.. he loved his time here and hopefully would come back with a massive point to prove

He will be on 60-70k a week at least surely? (just read the fella say above he's on 120k :shock: )

We won't be able to compete with the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Newcatle etc who will probably try and sign him.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Been. told by Chelsea he is free to leave either on loan or permanently.. forget Gruljic he will

liked his time here so much we sent him back haha.. he is much improved from when he was here mind however i think hed be looking at a club higher up the league. wouldnt surprise me if he went back to leicester

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:53 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

liked his time here so much we sent him back haha.. he is much improved from when he was here mind however i think hed be looking at a club higher up the league. wouldnt surprise me if he went back to leicester

I don't think we did send him back did we? I thought Utd recalled him as they were unhappy he wasn't playing then they loaned him straight to Watford.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:58 pm

I thought he was very good for us. surprised the loan didn't work out. When I seen him I thought he was very good

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 pm

He was a bit like O,keefe to me anonymous at times

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Drinkwater definitely asked to go back as he wasnt happy being played out of position by Jones. Despite that I don't think we have the money for his wages and I'm sure teams with far bigger profiles than us will be interested in a Premier league champion and England international.

While his time with us was short anyone who was at the Pompey away game saw him give a masterclass in the middle of the park. And then Jones started playing him on the left : /

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Drinkwater definitely asked to go back as he wasnt happy being played out of position by Jones. Despite that I don't think we have the money for his wages and I'm sure teams with far bigger profiles than us will be interested in a Premier league champion and England international.

While his time with us was short anyone who was at the Pompey away game saw him give a masterclass in the middle of the park. And then Jones started playing him on the left : /

I was there at Pompey and he was superb in that game :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Drinkwater definitely asked to go back as he wasnt happy being played out of position by Jones. Despite that I don't think we have the money for his wages and I'm sure teams with far bigger profiles than us will be interested in a Premier league champion and England international.

I was there at Pompey and he was superb in that game :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

He was unreal that game.. prob right up there with the best midfielder I’ve seeen simce Koumas wAs Reading it up and Gary O Neil when he came On loan

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:26 am

He's on that Chelski money

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:16 am

If the idiots down west were paying 100 grand a week for bony I am sure Drinkwater would be on at lest 120 grand a week at Chelsea

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

Yeah big wages. That England call up went to his head (or his agents!) and he became a big time charlie. Should have stayed at leicester but you cant blame players for optimising their earning power.....its a hell of a short career with lots of risk. Id love to see him play for us, terrific passer, but cant help thinking he might not fit into NWs vision for us - a direct and counter attacking team. Cant see us being interested on this basis.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 am

Didn't he get sent off DJ was not very happy about it and then he sent him back!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

Igovernor wrote:Didn't he get sent off DJ was not very happy about it and then he sent him back!