Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Jack Grealish Latest News '

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

VILLA FIRM ON GREALISH VALUATION

07/06/18

Aston Villa will refuse to sell £30m-rated midfielder Jack Grealish on the cheap despite their mounting financial problems, Press Association Sport reports.

Grealish is Villa’s best option of raising a quick lump sum of cash as they look for £40million to comply with Financial Fair Play rules, but they will hold firm on their valuation.

West Ham, Manchester United and Leicester have been linked with the 22-year-old, although he is unlikely to move to the Foxes.

Villa missed a tax payment on Friday – although they have resolved the immediate problem with HMRC - and need to raise money in the long term.

It has not been ruled out that Grealish – who wants to stay for another year – could remain at Villa Park, and the club will look for other income sources, although that is a risky strategy.

Re: ' Jack Grealish Latest News '

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 pm

I don't think they're any position to play hard ball with the transfer of Grealish. They need cash and they need it now. £ 20 million up front more likely to be accepted than £ 30 million spread over 3 years. Unless they can quickly get some significant money on other transfers I don't see them being in a position to hang on for a better price.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:00 am

They won't get 30-40m for a player unproven at higher levels they will end up going for broke holding onto him and if he has a bad season next season the price tag and interest would plummet anyway playing hardball can be very silly look at QPR with Taarabt I bet they wish they got rid when the money was on the table now

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:07 am

epping blue wrote:I don't think they're any position to play hard ball with the transfer of Grealish. They need cash and they need it now. £ 20 million up front more likely to be accepted than £ 30 million spread over 3 years. Unless they can quickly get some significant money on other transfers I don't see them being in a position to hang on for a better price.

The clubs that may want him are in the driving seat, the longer they go without making the bid, the cheaper her gets, Villa will have to take what they are given.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am

There is an unhealthy obsession with him on this MB. :shock: