Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Traore to us

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
I think that the majority of fans remember the position we were in financially & our current position however a ‘small’ investment without pushing us off a cliff could see us be in a far better position in a few years time. Preserve your Premier League status and the financial rewards will erode the debts. The first job is to stay there without financially harming ourselves and then going from strength to strength gradually. Not to have a win at all costs mentality but to invest wisely, stay in the PL & chip away at the debts. The big money is in the PL and that gives you the capability of wiping out your debts. The top 6 clubs are getting bigger and bigger because they have been there since the start and have done all the hard work.

Great plan but is £35-45m really a 'small' investment? Throw in wages, debt repayments, agent fees etc. and suddenly there isn't much left from your £180m especially if that amount includes the parachute payments which have to stretch over 3 years.

Staying in the PL whilst lucrative also brings pressure from fans to 'go to the next level' which nearly always ends in tears and relegation.

The plan has to be a prudent one without throwing money around buying players who don't always live up to expectations that huge fees bring. We must box clever and not be tempted by the chase the dragon mantra.

Please see my last entry on this thread. 180m plus all the extras that come with it. Increased gates, merchandise, etc. It’s a fine balance between giving yourself a good chance of staying up and not overspending. You survive that first season and the club could become debt free in a few years. Pointless getting promoted, then relegated & not getting back up. The crowds, etc would soon dwindle again. The reason why clubs like Villa/Derby etc spend a lot is that they can see the benefits of getting into the Premier League. There are many clubs really envious of City so why throw that away when you be getting 200m every season? All for the sake of a small investment (20-25% of your income). A no brainer.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:The only person not linked with us I think is.... Myself.... Ive given up and just waiting for confirmation

Could be a pub quiz question. Name the player not linked with Cardiff since the 2018 Summer transfer window opened. Clue- plays for Aberkenfig 3rds. ;)

if theres anything worse than the constant posts linking us to players its you moaning about it all the damn time :banghead:

A bit rich coming from you. The person who posts purely to disagree with everything and everyone.

To be fair Paul he does have a point :laughing5:

i cant even disagree because that would make him right :lol:

but seriously its not, i just happen to disagree with a lot of things :laughing6:

Mary Mary quite contrary . :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:That would be a good signing however can’t see it happening as Newcastle were stron favourites to sign him & the fee was around 15m so that would also rule us out.

Tried to do too much in the Play Off semi and lost the ball often but overall a very good player with pace & he is a goal scorer.

Why do you think we wont spend any money ? I think we got more money than we think

I think that we need to spend at least 35-45m in this window to survive. City may splash 10-12m on a striker but I just can see them spending big money on a wide man. I can’t believe the fans who do not seem bothered whether we stay in the Premier League or not. It took us over 50 years to get there in 2012/13 but some think that if we were relegated we would automatically bounce back up. Promotion has raised at least 170m and may well be 200m. 35m-45m is peanuts in comparison with the investment giving you a chance of staying in the Premier League & then going from strength to strength each year with the same amount of money coming in. For the fans who do not want City to spend some simple questions: Do you want to watch Premier League football? Do you want to see City smashed every week? Do you want the crowds to dwindle again? It is not a gamble spending 35m out of the money coming in. Spend sensibly, stay up & enjoy PremierLeague football for the foreseeable future. May not have another chance at the big time anytime soon! Oh yeah, think Traore would be a great addition.

I think a lot of people are forgetting the huge debts already here before any money is even received. It's not just the money needed to buy players, it's the huge salaries these better players are paid as well. I think we would all like PL football every season, but more importantly we probably all want to make sure we have a team to support for years to come. I honestly believe there are some big shocks ahead for many teams. These costs cannot keep going up and up. With the ridiculous costs involved in buying players and their massively over inflated wages, I think we will see a lot of sides struggling to survive. There is going to be some mega shockwaves in this game over the next few years, and those clubs which are run sensibly will be in the best position to survive.

I think that the majority of fans remember the position we were in financially & our current position however a ‘small’ investment without pushing us off a cliff could see us be in a far better position in a few years time. Preserve your Premier League status and the financial rewards will erode the debts. The first job is to stay there without financially harming ourselves and then going from strength to strength gradually. Not to have a win at all costs mentality but to invest wisely, stay in the PL & chip away at the debts. The big money is in the PL and that gives you the capability of wiping out your debts. The top 6 clubs are getting bigger and bigger because they have been there since the start and have done all the hard work.

Cant agree with these last two posts more its a boom and bust situation. Its still fresh in my mind about ten years ago boom and bust with the banks and mortgages, guess what? football is a buisness as well, and before anyone tries to seperate the two issues, I was a big player then and guess what again? I CAN SEE STRIKING SIMILARITIES be prepared fora few shocks.