Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Traore to us

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Would like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Traore to us

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 pm

That would be a good signing however can’t see it happening as Newcastle were stron favourites to sign him & the fee was around 15m so that would also rule us out.

Tried to do too much in the Play Off semi and lost the ball often but overall a very good player with pace & he is a goal scorer.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Is there anyone left who has not been linked to us. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:That would be a good signing however can’t see it happening as Newcastle were stron favourites to sign him & the fee was around 15m so that would also rule us out.

Tried to do too much in the Play Off semi and lost the ball often but overall a very good player with pace & he is a goal scorer.

Why do you think we wont spend any money ? I think we got more money than we think

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:26 pm

The only person not linked with us I think is.... Myself.... Ive given up and just waiting for confirmation

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:That would be a good signing however can’t see it happening as Newcastle were stron favourites to sign him & the fee was around 15m so that would also rule us out.

Why do you think we wont spend any money ? I think we got more money than we think

Tend to agree.

I think it will be players who can add value though and he is potentially one.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:35 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:The only person not linked with us I think is.... Myself.... Ive given up and just waiting for confirmation

Could be a pub quiz question. Name the player not linked with Cardiff since the 2018 Summer transfer window opened. Clue- plays for Aberkenfig 3rds. ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 pm

A gamble but in the crazy market that it is worth it....

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:

If you think we got more money than you think, how much money do you think we have!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I think that we need to spend at least 35-45m in this window to survive. City may splash 10-12m on a striker but I just can see them spending big money on a wide man. I can’t believe the fans who do not seem bothered whether we stay in the Premier League or not. It took us over 50 years to get there in 2012/13 but some think that if we were relegated we would automatically bounce back up. Promotion has raised at least 170m and may well be 200m. 35m-45m is peanuts in comparison with the investment giving you a chance of staying in the Premier League & then going from strength to strength each year with the same amount of money coming in. For the fans who do not want City to spend some simple questions: Do you want to watch Premier League football? Do you want to see City smashed every week? Do you want the crowds to dwindle again? It is not a gamble spending 35m out of the money coming in. Spend sensibly, stay up & enjoy PremierLeague football for the foreseeable future. May not have another chance at the big time anytime soon! Oh yeah, think Traore would be a great addition.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think that we need to spend at least 35-45m in this window to survive. City may splash 10-12m on a striker but I just can see them spending big money on a wide man. I can’t believe the fans who do not seem bothered whether we stay in the Premier League or not. It took us over 50 years to get there in 2012/13 but some think that if we were relegated we would automatically bounce back up. Promotion has raised at least 170m and may well be 200m. 35m-45m is peanuts in comparison with the investment giving you a chance of staying in the Premier League & then going from strength to strength each year with the same amount of money coming in. For the fans who do not want City to spend some simple questions: Do you want to watch Premier League football? Do you want to see City smashed every week? Do you want the crowds to dwindle again? It is not a gamble spending 35m out of the money coming in. Spend sensibly, stay up & enjoy PremierLeague football for the foreseeable future. May not have another chance at the big time anytime soon! Oh yeah, think Traore would be a great addition.

I think a lot of people are forgetting the huge debts already here before any money is even received. It's not just the money needed to buy players, it's the huge salaries these better players are paid as well. I think we would all like PL football every season, but more importantly we probably all want to make sure we have a team to support for years to come. I honestly believe there are some big shocks ahead for many teams. These costs cannot keep going up and up. With the ridiculous costs involved in buying players and their massively over inflated wages, I think we will see a lot of sides struggling to survive. There is going to be some mega shockwaves in this game over the next few years, and those clubs which are run sensibly will be in the best position to survive.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:The only person not linked with us I think is.... Myself.... Ive given up and just waiting for confirmation

I am being lined up as the reserve keeper in the mould of Richard Wright. I think I can be just as effective as he was for Man City :bluescarf: :D
I would cost less too!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Didn't impress me wouldn't be upset if it's another trumped up story.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:21 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Could be a pub quiz question. Name the player not linked with Cardiff since the 2018 Summer transfer window opened. Clue- plays for Aberkenfig 3rds. ;)

if theres anything worse than the constant posts linking us to players its you moaning about it all the damn time :banghead:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:29 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think a lot of people are forgetting the huge debts already here before any money is even received. It's not just the money needed to buy players, it's the huge salaries these better players are paid as well. I think we would all like PL football every season, but more importantly we probably all want to make sure we have a team to support for years to come. I honestly believe there are some big shocks ahead for many teams. These costs cannot keep going up and up. With the ridiculous costs involved in buying players and their massively over inflated wages, I think we will see a lot of sides struggling to survive. There is going to be some mega shockwaves in this game over the next few years, and those clubs which are run sensibly will be in the best position to survive.

I think that the majority of fans remember the position we were in financially & our current position however a ‘small’ investment without pushing us off a cliff could see us be in a far better position in a few years time. Preserve your Premier League status and the financial rewards will erode the debts. The first job is to stay there without financially harming ourselves and then going from strength to strength gradually. Not to have a win at all costs mentality but to invest wisely, stay in the PL & chip away at the debts. The big money is in the PL and that gives you the capability of wiping out your debts. The top 6 clubs are getting bigger and bigger because they have been there since the start and have done all the hard work.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am

wez1927 wrote:

I am not one of those misguided fans who wouldn't mind if we got relegated this coming season,I want to stay in the Premiership as long as we can but I have major concerns with Warnock and his backroom staff being able to keep us up

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:28 am

Really hope not he has no end product,head down an tries to take everyone on the pitch on like a headless chicken!Not a team player either

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am

stephendavid wrote:Really hope not he has no end product,head down an tries to take everyone on the pitch on like a headless chicken!Not a team player either

looks like someones hacked into your account and posted something that isnt absolute nonsense :laughing6:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:33 am

wez1927 wrote:

Excellent post!

Those that say if we get relegated we'll "do a Burnley" and bounce straight back need a reality check. Getting out of the Championship is never easy, we managed to do it, however, now we need to make sure that we stay here.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Excellent post!

Those that say if we get relegated we'll "do a Burnley" and bounce straight back need a reality check. Getting out of the Championship is never easy, we managed to do it, however, now we need to make sure that we stay here.

Totally agree. Spend sensibly and stay up. There are still a few that prefer/say that we will ‘bounce straight back up’ ! Just ask the majority of clubs that have been relegated & never make it back up. Just look at teams like Villa & Derby who have spent huge sums of money because they can see the huge rewards once you get there. Approx 200m a year isn’t bad! We have done the hard work and got promoted & now let’s stay there.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 am

paulh_85 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Really hope not he has no end product,head down an tries to take everyone on the pitch on like a headless chicken!Not a team player either

looks like someones hacked into your account and posted something that isnt absolute nonsense :laughing6:

Cheers paul,must have that friday feeling have you buddy your not moaning or whining about nothing yet lol

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:18 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Is there anyone left who has not been linked to us. :ayatollah:

Neymar :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

if theres anything worse than the constant posts linking us to players its you moaning about it all the damn time :banghead:

A bit rich coming from you. The person who posts purely to disagree with everything and everyone.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

A bit rich coming from you. The person who posts purely to disagree with everything and everyone.

To be fair Paul he does have a point :laughing5:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

i cant even disagree because that would make him right :lol:

but seriously its not, i just happen to disagree with a lot of things :laughing6:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

but seriously its not, i just happen to disagree with a lot of things :laughing6:

You just like the attention from other posters :laughing5:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rushed off your feet again i see lansbury

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

stephendavid wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Rushed off your feet again i see lansbury

There he is... :wave:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm

To be honest if we're not in a position to sign players like Adama Traore if we wish,then the club's ambitions are limited. Be sensible by all means but not parsimonious. Every businessman knows the truth of the adage, you've got to speculate to accumulate. The amount of money is not necessarily the problem, it's the quality of the signings; as we learned to our cost last time around.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:25 pm

I think that the majority of fans remember the position we were in financially & our current position however a ‘small’ investment without pushing us off a cliff could see us be in a far better position in a few years time. Preserve your Premier League status and the financial rewards will erode the debts. The first job is to stay there without financially harming ourselves and then going from strength to strength gradually. Not to have a win at all costs mentality but to invest wisely, stay in the PL & chip away at the debts. The big money is in the PL and that gives you the capability of wiping out your debts. The top 6 clubs are getting bigger and bigger because they have been there since the start and have done all the hard work.

Great plan but is £35-45m really a 'small' investment? Throw in wages, debt repayments, agent fees etc. and suddenly there isn't much left from your £180m especially if that amount includes the parachute payments which have to stretch over 3 years.

Staying in the PL whilst lucrative also brings pressure from fans to 'go to the next level' which nearly always ends in tears and relegation.

The plan has to be a prudent one without throwing money around buying players who don't always live up to expectations that huge fees bring. We must box clever and not be tempted by the chase the dragon mantra.