' Lee Tomlin '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Lee Tomlin '

Postby Crayfish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Let's be brutally honest about this for all his brilliance in getting us promoted Warnock has been rubbish when he has paid money for players.He must have known what Tomlin was like before he signed him so why sign him in the first place. Madine was a complete panic buy and we would be lucky to get £500,000 for him if we sold him. Bogle might still come good but most likely for a league on club. Ward would probably been ok if he had not got injured but he would hardly have played anyway because he would have been second choice to Zohore.
Crayfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think Warnock planned on playing him behind Zohore with others doing the donkey work but after a average performance at Burton he switched it up with against Villa knowing he needed more legs in the middle so brought in Demour (I think) and NML and it worked a treat. I think from that point in we changed how we planned to play and Tomlin basically become a very bit part player for us. Can't blame Warnock for that.

I like Tomlin but he is a luxury player than we can only use when we need an extra spark. You are spot on about Burton game. Very average performance by him but when NML and Damour came on we dominated and eventually won it. Warnock kept them both in the following week and we destroyed Villa-they were lucky to get away with three nil. Outplayed Sheff Utd next and won at Wolves the following week. From then on the die was cast.
JJ1927

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think Warnock planned on playing him behind Zohore with others doing the donkey work but after a average performance at Burton he switched it up with against Villa knowing he needed more legs in the middle so brought in Demour (I think) and NML and it worked a treat. I think from that point in we changed how we planned to play and Tomlin basically become a very bit part player for us. Can't blame Warnock for that.

soooo pleased he had a poor/average game at Burton.
sometimes you need a stroke of luck and i think that was it...
dogfound

Postby FloridaBluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:16 am

Woody CCFC wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:Always will remember his back heel assist that split the defenders up. He has skill and quality but unfortunately in the system we play there isn’t really room to accommodate him. Warnock requires all ten outfielders to track back, muck in with tackling etc in these terms playing with Tomlin reminded me of playing with Whitts at the end of his time with us. It feels like playing with ten men before a ball has been kicked.

What system we just lumped up field, might have finished as champions if we had a play maker in the middle of the park

Bit of a strange comment really. 16 months ago we were in the bottom three. Warnock comes in and signs pace in NML and Hoilett for free, transforms Zohore, makes Morrow a legend and achieves promotion on peanuts. And you really think that the entire championship couldn’t cope with a “lump it long” pick and mix team? Behave, obviously you’ve never watched our full backs moving central with the wingers dropping back to cover etc?
“ Finished as champions if we had a creative midfielder” - no pleasing some haha I agree with you that we need a creative midfielder, as good as I think Ralls is he can’t do it alone - as for everything else I think you are way off.
Give me the “Warnock Way” runners up moving into Premiership over ball playing Brentford, floppy Villa or debt ridden Derby any day!
FloridaBluebird

Previous

Return to General Chat