Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ashley Williams? '

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 am

WARNOCK SHOULD START LIFE OFF CONTROVERSIALLY AND BRING JACK ARMY LEGEND TO CARDIFF CITY

By Marcus Banks

Friday 8th June 2018

Cardiff City fans in the Transfer Tavern are buzzing after earning automatic promotion to the Premier League last season and our punters are hoping they can stay up next year.

Neil Warnock has guided the Bluebirds back into England’s top division and can look forward to the financial rewards that promotion will bring. Cardiff will now be able to attract a higher calibre of player and have some much-needed transfer funds to strengthen their squad. In order to survive next year, reinforcements are needed.

A lack of Premier League experience in the Cardiff squad is a big problem for Warnock which needs to be addressed. The ideal signing could be Everton defender – Ashley Williams. According to reports in the Daily Mirror, Everton are set to offload 12 players in the summer; the Welshman is expected to depart after a below-par season. Williams hasn’t featured for the Blues since being sent off against Burnley back in March and, while he’s a Swansea City legend, would certainly help the Bluebirds’ cause.

The 33-year-old, who is valued at £4.5m by Transfermarkt, has a wealth of Premier League experience that could prove valuable in Cardiff’s bid for survival. In an environment with less pressure, Williams could rediscover the form that made him the transfer target of many big clubs a few seasons ago.

If he can cut out his mistakes, the Welsh captain could prove to be a brilliant signing by Warnock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Ashley Williams? '

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 am

pointless, hes not even close to the player he used to be

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:45 am

5years ago yes but not now.
Dont even think hes championship standard.
Will probably end up at bolton or the like.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:59 am

we do need premier league experience, but he is past his best and I would prefer money spent on a striker and CM. I havefaith in Morrison/Bamba/Manga as our CBs

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:13 am

If we do sign either Cunningham or Ayling, they can both play centreback as well as fullback. Ash has lost his way at Everton and I still think he can do a job in the Premier , but I would prefer what we've got.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am

based on his performances for everton and Wales he'd not be in my match day squad. Daft suggestion.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am

"If he can cut out his mistakes the Welsh captain could prove tp be a brilliant signing by Warnock"??????
Bit old at 33 to start improving. Don't know what is motivating whoever wrote this article, but for me
this is about the last player I would want to see pull on the blue shirt. (Luckily the other 3 Tate, Trundle and Monk)
have all retired.
He was already past his prime when he moved to Everton IMHO, and the Championship is probably his level now so a
return to the Jacks would be more likely than him coming to us - I hope!!!

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 am

No thanks we have better already.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 am

If I thought he could get back to the levels he reached with Wales and the Jacks this would be great. However, I do wonder whether the years have caught up with his body.