Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham want to keep their promotion-winning

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

FULHAM KEEN ON DEALS

08/06/18

Fulham want to keep their promotion-winning core together next season and will try to sign the loan players that helped make it happen on permanent deals this summer, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites are keen to land Chelsea duo Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon, Brighton’s Oliver Norwood, Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and Southampton left-back Matt Targett after their successful season-long spells at Craven Cottage.

Re: Fulham want to keep their promotion-winning

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:FULHAM KEEN ON DEALS

08/06/18

Fulham want to keep their promotion-winning core together next season and will try to sign the loan players that helped make it happen on permanent deals this summer, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites are keen to land Chelsea duo Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon, Brighton’s Oliver Norwood, Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and Southampton left-back Matt Targett after their successful season-long spells at Craven Cottage.

Don’t know how much they have on the coffers but that’s sure to be s fair bit of cash just to keep what they have. Plus they’ll have to renew those cardboard clappers that were worn out from last season. :laughing6:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 am

If they don't improve there squad they will go down ,no good just keeping the same players they weren't good enough to go up automatically

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 am

wez1927 wrote:If they don't improve there squad they will go down ,no good just keeping the same players they weren't good enough to go up automatically

A bit naive that.

We all know that if they did not have such a bad start they would have finished above us. They didn't gel enough in the beginning due to all the arrivals. They got it right in the end and nearly pipped us. By trying to keep these together they will not have tht problem.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:34 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:If they don't improve there squad they will go down ,no good just keeping the same players they weren't good enough to go up automatically

A bit naive that.

We all know that if they did not have such a bad start they would have finished above us. They didn't gel enough in the beginning due to all the arrivals. They got it right in the end and nearly pipped us. By trying to keep these together they will not have tht problem.

They picked up massively after getting Mitrovic, and only because his deal to Anderlecht fell through on the last day of the transfer window. If he had come here instead, I think we would have finished above Wolves, that's what we needed.

I didn't realise so many of the players were on loan, they used the loan system well.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 am

Fulham will have to spend about £35M just to keep the same side that got them promoted. I think we have that advantage over them and if we spend that amount I would imagine we would be stronger.

And those fecking clappers in the PL :banghead:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 am

I didn't realise all 5 players were loans. I thought you could only name a maximum of 4 loan players in your match day squad?

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:44 am

Charlie Harper wrote:Fulham will have to spend about £35M just to keep the same side that got them promoted. I think we have that advantage over them and if we spend that amount I would imagine we would be stronger.

And they have already lost Fredericks to West Ham on a Bosman.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:48 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Fulham will have to spend about £35M just to keep the same side that got them promoted. I think we have that advantage over them and if we spend that amount I would imagine we would be stronger.

Yeah, they aint so good as they think and though they have a rich owner its all about FFP.

Hope they go down :thumbup:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Yeah, they aint so good as they think and though they have a rich owner its all about FFP.

Hope they go down :thumbup:

FFP doesn't apply to the Premier.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:21 pm

I maintain they will finish bottom this year which is good enough for their deluded fans.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

A bit naive that.

I get what you're saying there - their form since Christmas was incredible, but do you think they would have caught us without MItorivitch? He was a big difference.

If they can't sign/replace him they are just an average, top 10 championship side who have got to spend an awful lot just to keep their team together even before they strengthen.

If they can sign Mitrovitch then I agree they will be comfortable. If we spend sensibly we will finish above them again.
:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:36 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A bit naive that.

I get what you're saying there - their form since Christmas was incredible, but do you think they would have caught us without MItorivitch? He was a big difference.

If they can't sign/replace him they are just an average, top 10 championship side who have got to spend an awful lot just to keep their team together even before they strengthen.

If they can sign Mitrovitch then I agree they will be comfortable. If we spend sensibly we will finish above them again.

No.

He was awesome for them and if we had the fraction of the same we would have been comfortable.

I've been saying it all season but we just don't have that goalscorer in the team. We never have since the days of Chopra and Bothroyd.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

A bit naive that.

They have already failed to keep their team together as Fredericks is gone if they buy all their loan players then thats most of their money spent already. They have got an incredible small first team squad as far as I'm concerned they will most likely be bottom and Sessegnon will most likely leave for big money in Jan.