Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Allen

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Apparently close to signing a new contract at Stoke.

Surely we've got to be in for this guy, absolute quality for Wales, Premier League experience.

Doubts about his stature for a Warnock side but put it this way, one of Warnock's favourites last season was Craig Bryson who is 1.70m, Allen is 1.68m. Allen works just as hard as Bryson but with far more quality on the ball. He would be ideal!

Sign him up Neil!

Re: Joe Allen

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:07 pm

ae15 wrote:Apparently close to signing a new contract at Stoke.

Surely we've got to be in for this guy, absolute quality for Wales, Premier League experience.

Doubts about his stature for a Warnock side but put it this way, one of Warnock's favourites last season was Craig Bryson who is 1.70m, Allen is 1.68m. Allen works just as hard as Bryson but with far more quality on the ball. He would be ideal!

Sign him up Neil!

I think I read he was a 20 mill clause... No way would we pay that neither do I think we should.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 pm

he is way too good for the champ will tear the league up next year if he is still their. Stoactually have the basis of a very good champ side already their can see them coming straight back up even with the big names like Shaquiri leaving

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:17 pm

phildavies wrote:he is way too good for the champ will tear the league up next year if he is still their. Stoactually have the basis of a very good champ side already their can see them coming straight back up even with the big names like Shaquiri leaving

Don’t get me wrong, I would love him at Cardiff but he’s not the sort of player to ‘tear up the league’ by any stretch.
He’s a player that works hard, links up play, passes well, etc.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:34 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
phildavies wrote:he is way too good for the champ will tear the league up next year if he is still their. Stoactually have the basis of a very good champ side already their can see them coming straight back up even with the big names like Shaquiri leaving

Don’t get me wrong, I would love him at Cardiff but he’s not the sort of player to ‘tear up the league’ by any stretch.
He’s a player that works hard, links up play, passes well, etc.

I meant it in the sense that he is too good to be playing at this level I don't expect him to score 20 goals if thats what you thought

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
ae15 wrote:Apparently close to signing a new contract at Stoke.

Sign him up Neil!

I think I read he was a 20 mill clause... No way would we pay that neither do I think we should.

He has a clause in his contract where if a bid of £20 Million came in from the top 6 (excluding Liverpool) he can talk to them but it is top 6 only.

Apparently his wages were going to drop due the relegation clause in his contract and the new contract is to bump it back up, he has said he wants to stay aswell I read as he believes they owe the fans a year.