Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Harry Kane “

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 pm

BBC

England captain Harry Kane has signed a new six-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur until 2024.

Striker Kane, 24, scored 30 Premier League goals as Spurs finished third in the table last season and is about to lead England at the World Cup.

He has scored 108 goals in 150 top-flight appearances for Tottenham.

In May, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino signed a new five-year deal, keeping him at the north London club until 2023.

Re: “ Harry Kane “

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 pm

For a moment I thought I was going to read that we are linked with him :laughing6:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Only player we haven't been linked with

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Go get him Neil. :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Go get him Neil. :bluescarf:

Yes but is he better than we already have? Useful back up to Madine I suppose.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:17 pm

City Slicker wrote:

I agree. Probably would'nt be a regular 1st choice striker, but if Zohore gets injured and we are unable to rely on his goals, I think Kane would be a decent back-up. Be a good addition to the squad, and will be good for the likes of Zohore & Madine to know there is someone who can step in if their form drops. Only problem I see is that Kane may struggle to get goals at this level. Watching Zohore on a regular basis may help him improve though.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I agree. Probably would'nt be a regular 1st choice striker, but if Zohore gets injured and we are unable to rely on his goals, I think Kane would be a decent back-up. Be a good addition to the squad, and will be good for the likes of Zohore & Madine to know there is someone who can step in if their form drops. Only problem I see is that Kane may struggle to get goals at this level. Watching Zohore on a regular basis may help him improve though.

Yes fair point Steve, I'm beginning to see your point. I definitely have reservations about the lad being able to score at this level but it's worth a punt as his fee is likely to be minimal. He surely can't be another Zelikonja and you never know he could just turn into another Vardy for us and then we'll have the big six clubs offering us silly money for him

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:For a moment I thought I was going to read that we are linked with him :laughing6:

When I saw it I thought Sam Rean had posted saying we have a chance of him on loan.