Am I reading right we can loan as many players as we want

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Loans between Premier Leage clubs and other English counterparts are officially called temporary transfers.

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2017/18 (Download PDF, size: 46.1MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Am I reading right we can loan as many players as we wan

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 pm

With the EXCEPTION OF WELSH CLUBS.

i.e. all other European nations are precluded from the above apart from Wales
Wayne S

Return to General Chat