Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy last night

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 am

Craig Bellamy is staying in Santa Ponsa once again and its virtually becoming his 2nd home, he's here so much :lol:

I had a long chat with Craig last night and I have to take something back that I have been saying on here thats he is hardly with our youth, Craig spends at least 4-5 days a week training our kids and its done mostly becomes he loves football so much and loves putting his passion/energy back in to the game he loves so much.

Listening to Craig last night, the passion for Cardiff City just pours out of him and he reckons we have at least 5 young players coming through who he believes will make the grade :thumbright: :bluebird:

My daughter Alexandra and I walked/chatted with him for at least half-hour, well I will say Craig did most of the chatting and my daughter said that makes a change Daddy, someone who can out talk you on Cardiff City :thumbright: :lol: :bluebird:

My daughters Alexandra & Tilly with Craig Bellamy in Santa Ponsa last night :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Craig Bellamy last night

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy is staying in Santa Ponsa once again and its virtually becoming his 2nd home, he's here so much :lol:

I had a long chat with Craig last night and I have to take something back that I have been saying on here thats he is hardly with our youth, Craig spends at least 4-5 days a week training our kids and its done mostly becomes he loves football so much and loves putting his passion/energy back in to the game he loves so much.

Listening to Craig last night, the passion for Cardiff City just pours out of him and he reckons we have at least 5 young players coming through who he believes will make the grade :thumbright: :bluebird:

My daughter Alexandra and I walked/chatted with him for at least half-hour, well I will say Craig did most of the chatting and my daughter said that makes a change Daddy, someone who can out talk you on Cardiff City :thumbright: :lol: :bluebir
My daughters Alexandra & Tilly with Craig Bellamy in Santa Ponsa last night :bluebird:

This guys needs to be taken under Neil's guidance ready to become manager in 2 years time, passion is everything for a Cardiff fan :thumbup:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:51 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy is staying in Santa Ponsa once again and its virtually becoming his 2nd home, he's here so much :lol:

My daughter Alexandra and I walked/chatted with him for at least half-hour, well I will say Craig did most of the chatting and my daughter said that makes a change Daddy, someone who can out talk you on Cardiff City :thumbright: :lol: :bluebir

This guys needs to be taken under Neil's guidance ready to become manager in 2 years time, passion is everything for a Cardiff fan :thumbup:

I have not met in my life time a football player with the passion Craig has for Cardiff City, every time I see him he just talks Cardiff City and his love for our club and football and he keeps in contact with all the right people in football :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

I have not met in my life time a football player with the passion Craig has for Cardiff City, every time I see him he just talks Cardiff City and his love for our club and football and he keeps in contact with all the right people in football :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Future manager

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 am

Sounds a top bloke.

I agree with the NW tutor role. I can see them having quite similar manager profiles. I.e. everyone hates them. Haha

Perfect fit for us.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:25 am

He did most of the talking with you about Annis? That's a first.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

You know the score Annis, this club may never had the best team, but always had passion on and off the field. I didn't care losing years ago when we were shite as long as the team gave 100% I was happy. Jason Perry prime example :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:He did most of the talking with you about Annis? That's a first.

Ian, thats what my daughter Alexandra said, he totally out talked me :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:He did most of the talking with you about Annis? That's a first.

:lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

Future manager

Wez, not in the near future, he wants to learn more first and then be ready :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Ucking e'll..... :shock: :shock: : :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

Future manager

Wez, not in the near future, he wants to learn more first and then be ready :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But where because I doubt very much Bellers will want to manage under Tan.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Sounds a top bloke.

I agree with the NW tutor role. I can see them having quite similar manager profiles. I.e. everyone hates them. Haha

Perfect fit for us.

Thats why we love Warnock as well, as when Bells and Warnock are with us, everyone fears them and then its like us against world :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

Future manager

In fairness to Bellamy he said in his book that he wants to take time out and learn from around the world different training methods and then work his way up from lower league management. I think that's the right way.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:04 am

I think his style of football is probably the opposite to Warnock's, but I'm all for him being developed as a future manager even though he's a Liverpool fan who once said it didn't matter what colour we played in.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:58 am

It's so refreshing to hear about Bellamy's passion and commitment to our beloved club and well done on putting the record straight Annis.

I would love it if Warnock stays for 2 years, whatever happens on the pitch, and Craig is groomed as his successor. He can learn so much from NW and we would have an enviable continuity at a football club, very rarely seen, if ever these days. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 am

Craig should be lined up and ready to take over from warnock when he retires. I would like warnock to stay in some sort of advisory or mentor role to help Craig too

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am

TheHangedMan wrote:It's so refreshing to hear about Bellamy's passion and commitment to our beloved club and well done on putting the record straight Annis.

I would love it if Warnock stays for 2 years, whatever happens on the pitch, and Craig is groomed as his successor. He can learn so much from NW and we would have an enviable continuity at a football club, very rarely seen, if ever these days. :bluebird:

Jim, Yes I am glad I have put the record straight because even I thought Bellamy had virtually left our youth, but far from it, Bells says every spare moment he has he gets down of his own free will and just loves teaching our youth etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

Future manager

In fairness to Bellamy he said in his book that he wants to take time out and learn from around the world different training methods and then work his way up from lower league management. I think that's the right way.

Luke,

He did Luke and he reiterated that last night, def,def not rushing in to the Cardiff job :bluebird:

There is still so much to learn and Bells is a player who is known as a success, not a failure :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ucking e'll..... :shock: :shock: : :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am

My daughter Alexandra and I walked/chatted with him for at least half-hour, well I will say Craig did most of the chatting and my daughter said that makes a change Daddy, someone who can out talk you on Cardiff City :thumbright: :lol: :bluebird:

Lovely photo mate :thumbup:

I have got to be honest, I always had a view of Bellamy that is probably totally unfair in hindsight, he pissed me off a few times with some of the things he said but I suppose its just his passion, got to respect it.

I have mates from Trowbridge who used to tell me what a sound bloke he was, Craig this Craig that and coupled with what you say about him I reckon I got it completely wrong when it comes to him.

He does seem like a decent guy and passionate about Cardiff. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

RV Casual wrote:

Lovely photo mate :thumbup:

I have got to be honest, I always had a view of Bellamy that is probably totally unfair in hindsight, he pissed me off a few times with some of the things he said but I suppose its just his passion, got to respect it.

I have mates from Trowbridge who used to tell me what a sound bloke he was, Craig this Craig that and coupled with what you say about him I reckon I got it completely wrong when it comes to him.

He does seem like a decent guy and passionate about Cardiff. :ayatollah:

Cheers Steven,

Until a few years ago I had the wrong impression as well, then had a couple of hours chatting with him and he totally changed my view of him. Yes he's out spoken, straight to the point, like me in many ways which upsets some, but he's like that because he so so passionate about football and really cares :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Good to hear, and great photo :ayatollah:

Could see his passion in every match and interview.

Making right decisions by biding his time over management, I guess the Wales job was too tempting to say no to an interview.

Feel he will be our manager one day, but doing right by taking his time.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good to hear, and great photo :ayatollah:

Could see his passion in every match and interview.

Making right decisions by biding his time over management, I guess the Wales job was too tempting to say no to an interview.

Feel he will be our manager one day, but doing right by taking his time.

Cheers Ned, Yes I really enjoyed listening to Craig last night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm

I love the way Bellers talks about the game. Must have been great to bump into him. Really hope he can become the manager I imagine he could be. Would be great to have him successfully managing us in the future

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:50 pm

I watch a lot of U-23 (Development) games and CB is always sitting in the stands watching. I also agree with his assessment that there are a number of promising players.

Cameron Coxe and Mark Harris are very unlucky not to have made more appearances and there are a couple of defensive midfielders who look very promising.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I watch a lot of U-23 (Development) games and CB is always sitting in the stands watching. I also agree with his assessment that there are a number of promising players.

Cameron Coxe and Mark Harris are very unlucky not to have made more appearances and there are a couple of defensive midfielders who look very promising.

Hence why I do't think Bellamy would want the managers job under Tan.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:06 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

Future manager

But where because I doubt very much Bellers will want to manage under Tan.

Isn't he technically 'working' for Vincent Tan right now (paid or not?) :?

I seem to recall the two men actually had a decent relationship with each other and that Craig actually turned the manager's job down after Malky was sacked partly 'out of respect' to Malky and partly because he knew he wasn't ready? :?

I may be wrong on that and happy to be corrected but it's what I recall :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:23 am

Great photo Annis.you do seem to attract the celebs don't you? I think I may try out Santa Ponsa! :)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Great photo Annis.you do seem to attract the celebs don't you? I think I may try out Santa Ponsa! :)

Cheers, more and more football players are coming to Santa Ponsa to live and train :thumbright:

Brilliant training facilities here with some excellent coaches etc