Bobby Reid

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:46 pm

West Brom have made a 7m bid for Bristol City’s Bobby Reid.

He has plenty of goals & assists in him and would bring some extra creativity for City. Scored 19 goals last season.

He would be a good signing.
bridgendbluebird30

Bobby Reid

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bobby Reid

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:20 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:West Brom have made a 7m bid for Bristol City’s Bobby Reid.

He has plenty of goals & assists in him and would bring some extra creativity for City. Scored 19 goals last season.

He would be a good signing.

That's the Wurzels stuffed then. Oooasaar.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Think he's still trying to climb out of Greg Halford's back pocket after he marked him out of the game.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby phildavies » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:51 pm

He has had one good season in his career thus far definitely not someone will should be spending millions on
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Dazzy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:23 pm

phildavies wrote:He has had one good season in his career thus far definitely not someone will should be spending millions on

Tend to agree mate. I was impressed with him when the carrot crunchers were on form but he seemed to go off the boil. Be interesting to see how he gets on if he signs for the baggies
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Dazzy wrote:
phildavies wrote:He has had one good season in his career thus far definitely not someone will should be spending millions on

Tend to agree mate. I was impressed with him when the carrot crunchers were on form but he seemed to go off the boil. Be interesting to see how he gets on if he signs for the baggies

So we bring in Gary Madine for 6m and he has not scored for us yet fans do not want to bring in a player who scored 19 goals and had 7 assists. 7m in today’s market is not a lot! We got promoted yet Reid got double of what our top scorer got in a team that finished further down the table. No guarantees but based on last season what’s not to say that in a year or two he will be worth 15-25m? Based on last years stats he is not a ‘gamble’ for 7m.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm

West brom couldnt even pay the players in March and that was before relegation. They have big financial problems and so i doubt they will be bidding £7 for anybody let alone £7mill.
They will be shedding a lot of players before they get back on track and sign players at that price.
thomasblue

Postby Dazzy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Dazzy wrote:

So we bring in Gary Madine for 6m and he has not scored for us yet fans do not want to bring in a player who scored 19 goals and had 7 assists. 7m in today’s market is not a lot! We got promoted yet Reid got double of what our top scorer got in a team that finished further down the table. No guarantees but based on last season what’s not to say that in a year or two he will be worth 15-25m? Based on last years stats he is not a ‘gamble’ for 7m.

Completely different player to how we play. It’s not really comparable. Madines aerial ability can not be questioned and, like it or not, that what NW went for.

I’m not saying Reid is a bad player, but he would be very much off-piste in terms of the Warnock style.
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby ThomasC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Dazzy wrote:

the report is not adding up. His market values a lot higher surely
ThomasC

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Dazzy wrote:

But Medine value as a championship player was 2m, if we hadn't gone up it was a reported 2m. Reid as a championship player would also be lower. Whatever they signed Reid for of bet would be also based on if they went back up.
2blue2handle

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Bingo! Looks like he could be wearing a City shirt quite soon! 19 goals and a shedfull of assists last season in the Championship.
Would like to see a few experienced Premiership players coming in but I think Reid is worth the gamble. If you want a decent player these days you have to spend the money. :bluebird:
bridgendbluebird30

Return to General Chat