A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Demo

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:Rioting to put pressure on the PM to overturn a conviction for a crime he admitted. Quite funny reallz

Maybe get it right before attempting poor sarcasm, they are demonstrating against A. The handling of his case, arrested and sentenced and media blocked all within hours. B. The judge who sentenced him was the judge on the case he was reporting on. C. The harsh sentencing.

Nobody called for his conviction to be overturned but the dealing of it has huge implications.

He broke the law and rightly faced the weight of the law but the way it was dealt with is worrying.

Facts right? Over 70,000 people signed a petition for him to be freed. One of the main speakers there, Geert Wilder (why was he even there?), sole purpose for being there was to demand Robinson be released. In his exact words “you will never walk alone. Free Tommy Robinson.” And lets not forget about the trending #FreeTommy. There’s your facts.

He was sentenced so quickly because he was on a suspended sentence for the exact same crime.

Again your wrong, throughout all your proof you've alluded to there not one says the conviction should be quashed or overturned.

I'll leave it there now I've made my point.

So when people are saying “Free Tommy” what they want is for his conviction to stand, but for it to carry no repercussion?

That is equally as daft, as it is the second time he has been convicted of this crime. What type of message would that send? His actions could have resulted in a mistrial, meaning paedophile rapists could have walked free.

Same discussion last week where i showed countless paedophiles,rapists, muggers etc not receiving custodial sentences yet TR gets 13months in a high security prison. That's the issue. Free Tommy is exactly that he shouldn't be in prison serving 13 months. Take away who it is, forget EDL connections, and surely you can see this isn't correct?

By the way how 5 hours To be arrested, convicted and sentenced and in prison is unheard of despite what you say.

If you think that's fine so be it but let's hope your never nicked and sentenced within 5 hours to a custodial sentence of over year, you may think differently and spray your family.

The reason it was so quick wasn’t because it was Tommy Robinson but because it was contempt of court. The convictions are usually done within a day to stop the case being disrupted further. This is actuallynormal for the type of charge.

He was jailed because he was already on a suspended sentence for the same charge.

I agree with the argument of people walking free for charges that are more severe, but that is another argument and discussion in itself.

Robinson was rightly convicted and as mentioned, his actions could have resulted in paedophile rapists walking free.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 am

free the Weatherfield one .

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 am

JimCP91 wrote:
Facts right? Over 70,000 people signed a petition for him to be freed. There’s your facts.

Sorry to do this matey but if you're going to make a post full of facts may I politely suggest you should try and get the first fact you quote correct - otherwise it might undermine the rest of your argument...

The petition has now actually reached over 600K https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp ... y-robinson

Just sayin' ;)

(Although I conceded that probably helps your argument in that people do want him to be freed but that's another matter)

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote::laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tommy robinson pleaded guilty to every single thing he was accused when he was put infront of a judge, yet these EDL, TR groups all stir up you absolute idiots to protest.

If he was so certain of himself he would have fought the charges he was put up against, but he'd prefer to spend a few months in protected wing of a prison while you raise money for him over online fundraisers, buy EDL merch and give him a backing that he's playing you for.

If that helps you sleep at night in the name of "protecting the cuntry from mooslems" then crack on though :D

First of all can anyone from the left debate without name calling?

well as a so-called lefty the last time I tried to debate on here I was called a fascist and a paedo lover so don’t quite know what you’re on about

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm working class to the core. Robinson is a racist idiot. He only has himself to blame for being behind bars. If being a decent person makes me a snowflake then I'm more than happy to live with that tag. Ya bunch of right wing melts :notworthy:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:17 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I'm working class to the core. Robinson is a racist idiot. He only has himself to blame for being behind bars. If being a decent person makes me a snowflake then I'm more than happy to live with that tag. Ya bunch of right wing melts :notworthy:

Why even start this thread commenting about all this nonsense, got absolutely nothing to do with football at all . If you want to start arguments go to the daily mail /guardian comments section .

Politics and religion have sod all to do with football and shouldn't be a part of this forum , should be more concerned about which one of the million transfer targets we are linked with will join us .

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:19 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I'm working class to the core. Robinson is a racist idiot. He only has himself to blame for being behind bars. If being a decent person makes me a snowflake then I'm more than happy to live with that tag. Ya bunch of right wing melts :notworthy:

every time this comes up there are 2 clearly defined sides...
A} those that think there are things wrong with how these cases are dealt with by the authorities and only find themselves supporting Robinson because he happens to be the one highlighting what they see as wrongs..has zero to do with personality and everything to do with issues...it could be tommy smith or jones
B } those that for a reason the goes straight over my head think its a pro / anti Tommy Robinson thing...and somehow if they abuse Robinson enough saying . football banning orders..knew a peado..broke the law the REAL issues will go away..

today its look how small the demo was..pissheads..thickies...etc
i didnt go on the demo have no intention of going in future but also think the authorities are doing their best to keep grooming gang trials out of the headlines
Last edited by dogfound on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

Why even start this thread commenting about all this nonsense, got absolutely nothing to do with football at all . If you want to start arguments go to the daily mail /guardian comments section .

Politics and religion have sod all to do with football and shouldn't be a part of this forum , should be more concerned about which one of the million transfer targets we are linked with will join us .

Did you respond in this way when Annis mentioned Tommy Robinson?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:23 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote: Robinson is a racist idiot.

I posted this on a previous thread but just for the sake of those at the back struggling to keep up...

Islamaphobia is not racism.

Racism is the prejudice of someone because of an immutable, aspect of their being - that is something that they had no choice in being and something that they can never change.

Islam is, as are all religions, an ideology which one can choose to follow or not - therefore being anti-Islam is not, never has been and never can be racist.

All other religions and ideologies are open to criticism - Islam itself has anti-semitism baked into its core, surely that should be open to discussion? Or does a Muslim's antisemitism get overlooked simply because they are perceived to be a more of a minority to rally behind?

That is not only incorrect (there are appx 1.8 Billion Muslims in the world compared to just 15 Million Jews) but it's also a perfect example of the bigotry of low expectations - i.e. taking the view that Muslim's are not capable of discussing their religion's flaws so they need special protection and allowances to make things fair. How about just letting them sink or swim by the same rules as everyone else?

Islam simply needs to be held to the same accountability standards as any other religion/ideology - that is not oppression, that is equality.

By throwing the word racist around like confetti people are devaluing it's true meaning and actually normalizing real racism - which 99% of people I know would stand against. (and just to clarify the 1% can go do one as far as I'm concerned)

:bluebird:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:37 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I posted this on a previous thread but just for the sake of those at the back struggling to keep up...

Racism is the prejudice of someone because of an immutable, aspect of their being - that is something that they had no choice in being and something that they can never change.

Islam is, as are all religions, an ideology which one can choose to follow or not - therefore being anti-Islam is not, never has been and never can be racist.

All other religions and ideologies are open to criticism - Islam itself has anti-semitism baked into its core, surely that should be open to discussion? Or does a Muslim's antisemitism get overlooked simply because they are perceived to be a more of a minority to rally behind?

That is not only incorrect (there are appx 1.8 Billion Muslims in the world compared to just 15 Million Jews) but it's also a perfect example of the bigotry of low expectations - i.e. taking the view that Muslim's are not capable of discussing their religion's flaws so they need special protection and allowances to make things fair. How about just letting them sink or swim by the same rules as everyone else?

Islam simply needs to be held to the same accountability standards as any other religion/ideology - that is not oppression, that is equality.

By throwing the word racist around like confetti people are devaluing it's true meaning and actually normalizing real racism - which 99% of people I know would stand against. (and just to clarify the 1% can go do one as far as I'm concerned)

I think many Muslims, and believers of other faiths too, would argue they were born into faith and it is not a choice consciously made.

But basically, you’re trying to protect yourself as logic and reason has backed you into a corner. To dislike somebody based on their religion is as ignorant as it gets. Around 25% of the world is Islamic. How you can have pre perceived opinions on that amount of people is insane.
Last edited by JimCP91 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

Not having a go mate but wouldn't it be easier to just not post on the thread if its not of interest?

As you said there are tons of posts linking us to about half the players in the league at the minute. There is one thread on politics/religion on the main page out of 80 and it's about a major protest that happened yesterday.

Plenty of other football/City related discussion to be had - go fill yer boots :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:41 pm

JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I think many Muslims, and believers of other faiths too, would argue they were born into faith and it is not a choice consciously made.

Yeah, a fair point and I'm prepared to concede that Islam is the only religion that acts like the mafia and has a death sentence for those that leave so it is only the very brave (Ayan Hirsi Ali for example) that actually bother to do so...

:oops:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Yeah, a fair point and I'm prepared to concede that Islam is the only religion that acts like the mafia and has a death sentence for those that leave so it is only the very brave (Ayan Hirsi Ali for example) that actually bother to do so...

Not in Turkey or Morocco but they do have the death penalty in the US and China.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:49 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

Not having a go mate but wouldn't it be easier to just not post on the thread if its not of interest?

As you said there are tons of posts linking us to about half the players in the league at the minute. There is one thread on politics/religion on the main page out of 80 and it's about a major protest that happened yesterday.

Plenty of other football/City related discussion to be had - go fill yer boots :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fair comment , i'll be off then :occasion5:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:04 pm

JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Not in Turkey or Morocco but they do have the death penalty in the US and China.

:clap:

Jim whilst I'm prepared to acknowledge the sheer brilliance and audacity of your point, in the pursuit of a productive conversation I really can't let your conflation of the US death sentence with Islamic apostacy laws pass.

In the 31 of the 50 US states there is a death sentence for treason, espionage, murder, large-scale drug trafficking, or attempted murder.

In 13 Muslim majority countries (Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen) there is a death sentence for leaving the Islamic faith and even for blasphemy in Pakistan.

Great attempt at some very impressive mental gymnastics and 10/10 for effort but that is just never gonna fly mate, it's a terrible comparison and deep down you know that as much as I do. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

Fair comment , i'll be off then :occasion5:
:occasion5:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

If that is the case why were so many of his followers doing Nazi salutes which epitomises Fascism :banghead:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm

JimCP91 wrote: But basically, you’re trying to protect yourself as logic and reason has backed you into a corner. To dislike somebody based on their religion is as ignorant as it gets. Around 25% of the world is Islamic. How you can have pre perceived opinions on that amount of people is insane.

C'mon now - that's a fairly disingenuous slur you've dropped into that comment. I've stated many, many, many times that I don't think all Muslim's are bad people.

I definitely think there are some very, very bad aspects of the fundamental doctrines of Islam and it is in desperate need of reformation - and given it's stated position as being the final word of God delivered by the most perfect man that walked the earth, I personally struggle to see how that can happen. I'm not saying it can't, i'm just saying it is not an easy fix and way above my pay grade.

Taking the above under consideration, at best you could throw an accusation at me of being Islamaphobic (which I would certainly reject but could understand your reasoning based on the information available to you.) but certainly, you could not call me a racist.

It's important to make that distinction because Islamaphobia is being used to shut down criticism of Islam all over the place and one of the core tenets of my argument is Islam needs to be treated on par with all other religion not given special protected status. Questioning this doesn't make someone racist - and it is offensive and ignorant to assert that this is the case.

As for having preconceived opinions about Muslims...

Most Muslim's that I know personally at least (yes I actually live alongside, work with and am friends with a number of Muslims) are the same mix of good people and assholes that I find in any mix of society regardless of ethnicity, race (yes I mean actual race) or religion (i.e. 'not race' as they are separate things) and I judge them on their individual strengths and weaknesses - like I would judge anyone else.

You mention logic and reason... if we follow the discussion to its logical conclusion, your insistence that we treat Islam with kid gloves (which is the undercurrent of your posts on this topic) is far more bigotted and prejudicial than my insistence that Islam should be treated on an equal footing to all other religions and ideologies.

Anyway, I'm following the flyingpostman and retreating to the easier conversations around important topics like Hudderfield's away kit.
:thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:45 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:If that is the case why were so many of his followers doing Nazi salutes which epitomises Fascism :banghead:

He called out those given Nazi Salutes in 2013 and the fact that Far Right groups had taken a foothold in the EDL whilst he was in prison was one of the reasons he left (that and the deal with Quilliam)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/edl- ... 53809.html

Seriously dude, try reading just a little bit about the topic beyond the headlines that you're fed by a highly biased mainstream media

His presentation at Oxford University is a good starting point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:50 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:If that is the case why were so many of his followers doing Nazi salutes which epitomises Fascism :banghead:

He called out those given Nazi Salutes in 2013 and the fact that Far Right groups had taken a foothold in the EDL whilst he was in prison was one of the reasons he left (that and the deal with Quilliam)

Seriously dude, try reading just a little bit about the topic beyond the headlines that you're fed by a highly biased mainstream media

His presentation at Oxford University is a good starting point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A

we can all go on about debates online akala destroying him so what

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

If you're talking about the show I'm thinking of it was less of a debate and more let's all point at the racist whilst we shut him down every time he makes a valid point. It was virtue signalling of the highest order and Akala made some very dubious comments to score cheap points during that debate (for example listing all the great things that came out of the Islamic world but forgetting to mention things like Slavery which also was another Islamic first).

Look if you want to live in an echo chamber and only ever see one side of a conversation that's your choice and I hope it works out for you. Personally, I'd rather try to make judgements based on evidence and facts, and that involves listening to both sides of the discussion.

Each to their own though :thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 pm

I will concede that what Robinson has been sent down for Is an outmoded and fairly stupid law, but for now it is the law and will be seized on by defence lawyers to try to collapse trials – so needs to be followed

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I will concede that what Robinson has been sent down for Is an outmoded and fairly stupid law, but for now it is the law and will be seized on by defence lawyers to try to collapse trials – so needs to be followed

Fair play - I'll agree with you on that and leave it there whilst we're both on common ground :thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:I will concede that what Robinson has been sent down for Is an outmoded and fairly stupid law, but for now it is the law and will be seized on by defence lawyers to try to collapse trials – so needs to be followed

Fair play - I'll agree with you on that and leave it there whilst we're both on common ground :thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Not sure it is a stupid law. It is there to make sure trials are fair, it works pretty well.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:37 pm

JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:Rioting to put pressure on the PM to overturn a conviction for a crime he admitted. Quite funny reallz

Maybe get it right before attempting poor sarcasm, they are demonstrating against A. The handling of his case, arrested and sentenced and media blocked all within hours. B. The judge who sentenced him was the judge on the case he was reporting on. C. The harsh sentencing.

Nobody called for his conviction to be overturned but the dealing of it has huge implications.

He broke the law and rightly faced the weight of the law but the way it was dealt with is worrying.

Facts right? Over 70,000 people signed a petition for him to be freed. One of the main speakers there, Geert Wilder (why was he even there?), sole purpose for being there was to demand Robinson be released. In his exact words “you will never walk alone. Free Tommy Robinson.” And lets not forget about the trending #FreeTommy. There’s your facts.

He was sentenced so quickly because he was on a suspended sentence for the exact same crime.

Again your wrong, throughout all your proof you've alluded to there not one says the conviction should be quashed or overturned.

So when people are saying “Free Tommy” what they want is for his conviction to stand, but for it to carry no repercussion?

That is equally as daft, as it is the second time he has been convicted of this crime. What type of message would that send? His actions could have resulted in a mistrial, meaning paedophile rapists could have walked free.

Same discussion last week where i showed countless paedophiles,rapists, muggers etc not receiving custodial sentences yet TR gets 13months in a high security prison. That's the issue. Free Tommy is exactly that he shouldn't be in prison serving 13 months. Take away who it is, forget EDL connections, and surely you can see this isn't correct?

By the way how 5 hours To be arrested, convicted and sentenced and in prison is unheard of despite what you say.

If you think that's fine so be it but let's hope your never nicked and sentenced within 5 hours to a custodial sentence of over year, you may think differently and spray your family.

The reason it was so quick wasn’t because it was Tommy Robinson but because it was contempt of court. The convictions are usually done within a day to stop the case being disrupted further. This is actuallynormal for the type of charge.

He was jailed because he was already on a suspended sentence for the same charge.

I agree with the argument of people walking free for charges that are more severe, but that is another argument and discussion in itself.

Robinson was rightly convicted and as mentioned, his actions could have resulted in paedophile rapists walking free.

Where do you get your information that it's normal for a contempt of court case to be arrested, convicted and sentenced within 5 hours is normal. It isn't. Unless you can show me otherwise?

His actions could have meant the jury being dismissed for a new one as qualified by the judge who sent him down not the collapse of the case itself.

Your blinded by a real dislike for TR and fail to look at it from another perspective.

Like I said let's pray your never arrested and sent down in 5 hours.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:38 pm

JimCP91 wrote:

Not sure it is a stupid law. It is there to make sure trials are fair, it works pretty well.

It's not a stupid law I'll agree with you, the trial and sentence were though.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Where do you get your information that it's normal for a contempt of court case to be arrested, convicted and sentenced within 5 hours is normal. It isn't. Unless you can show me otherwise?

His actions could have meant the jury being dismissed for a new one as qualified by the judge who sent him down not the collapse of the case itself.

Your blinded by a real dislike for TR and fail to look at it from another perspective.

Like I said let's pray your never arrested and sent down in 5 hours.

I’m not stupid enough to put myself in a position where I am risking contempt of court, twice.

Simple google search and you will see contempt of court convictions are dealt with immediately. He was already under a suspended sentence for the same conviction, the judge had no option but to send him to jail.

The sentencing harsh, I agree.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:16 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

If you're talking about the show I'm thinking of it was less of a debate and more let's all point at the racist whilst we shut him down every time he makes a valid point. It was virtue signalling of the highest order and Akala made some very dubious comments to score cheap points during that debate (for example listing all the great things that came out of the Islamic world but forgetting to mention things like Slavery which also was another Islamic first).

Look if you want to live in an echo chamber and only ever see one side of a conversation that's your choice and I hope it works out for you. Personally, I'd rather try to make judgements based on evidence and facts, and that involves listening to both sides of the discussion.

Each to their own though :thumbup:

Are you claiming that Islamic states/societies invented slavery?

'Another Islamic first'?

I'm pretty sure that slavery was around for millennia before the start of Islam.

I thought you were one of the posters earlier in the thread that wanted facts?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Show me one racist thing he’s said or done, the word racist has lost its power because it’s thrown at everything the looney left disagrees with.