Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CHRIS COLEMAN APPOINTED MANAGER “

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:45 pm

“ CHRIS COLEMAN APPOINTED MANAGER “

BBC

Sunday 10th June 2018

Former Wales boss Chris Coleman has been named as the new manager of Chinese club Hebei China Fortune.

The 48-year-old Welshman has been out of work since leaving Sunderland in April having failed to prevent the club's relegation to League One.

He won only five of his 29 games in charge at the Stadium of Light.

The former Coventry, Fulham and Real Sociedad manager succeeds Manuel Pellegrini, who left the club last month to take the West Ham job.

Hebei China Fortune, whose players include former Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano, are 10th in the Chinese Super League after 11 games.

The league's mid-season break ends on 17 July.

Re: “ CHRIS COLEMAN APPOINTED MANAGER “

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Thats a bit of a surprise?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 pm

He really has messed up his managerial career at the top level by taking the sunderland job.

Financially in china he is probably laughing his head off.

This will probably be the last we will see of him at a decent level

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Managers at Hebei China Fortune F.C. never complete their contract...

Manager Duration Start Finish Departure reason
Wei Yuanhao - May 28, 2010 - Oct 13, 2011 - Mutual consent
Zhang Yandong - Oct 14, 2011 - Aug 15, 2013 - Mutual consent
Guo Ruilong - Aug 16, 2013 - Dec 3, 2013 - Mutual consent
Huang Yang - Dec 4, 2013 - Dec 25, 2013 - Mutual consent
Nelson Agresta - Dec 26, 2013 - Aug 14, 2014 - Sacked
Alejandro Larrea - Aug 14, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014 - Mutual consent
Radomir Antić - Jan 27, 2015 - Aug 18, 2015 - Mutual consent
Li Tie - Aug18, 2015 - Aug 27, 2016 - Sacked
Manuel Pellegrini - Aug 27, 2016 - May 19, 2018 - Mutual consent
Chris Coleman - June 10, 2018 - present

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 pm

thomasblue wrote:He really has messed up his managerial career at the top level by taking the sunderland job.

I bet money on him managing Wales again.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:21 pm

allegedly on 3.5 million a year

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:allegedly on 3.5 million a year

:shock: Blimey. He'll come away with with a couple of mill even if he lasts a tomato season there looking at the tenure figures above. Can't blame him - beautiful game, shit business.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

:shock: Blimey. He'll come away with with a couple of mill even if he lasts a tomato season there looking at the tenure figures above. Can't blame him - beautiful game, shit business.

You can see where his mindset is. Get the money where you can I suppose but he is still being overpaid by feeding off his Wales success.

A mediocre manager not willing to prove his mettle the hard way. Easy money.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am

To be honest Coleman did a fantastic job for Wales in the Euros even though the world up qualifiers were disappointing. The joy he and the team gave us that summer whether you went to France or watched them on to will never be forgotten. I do think he could have stayed for another year or so but maybe he just felt it was time for a move. There shouldn't really be any bitterness towards him though as he helped bring success to Wales at a time when Cardiff were not doing so good! I don't really blame him if he has followed the money - so would I! But it doesn't mean to say he will enjoy it as much as the Wales job :D

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:To be honest Coleman did a fantastic job for Wales in the Euros even though the world up qualifiers were disappointing. The joy he and the team gave us that summer whether you went to France or watched them on to will never be forgotten. I do think he could have stayed for another year or so but maybe he just felt it was time for a move. There shouldn't really be any bitterness towards him though as he helped bring success to Wales at a time when Cardiff were not doing so good! I don't really blame him if he has followed the money - so would I! But it doesn't mean to say he will enjoy it as much as the Wales job :D

Don't blame him for leaving Wales to be honest i think he had taken us as far as he could. Would've been amazing if he got us to the World Cup but it wasn't to be. That summer in France was one of the best summers of my life and he deserves credit for uniting the Wales team and the country with football. Good luck to him don't blame him one bit for going over to china when they're offering that much money!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Fortune Cookie !!!

Can't blame him I suppose, grab it while you still can, nice retirement sum that will make !!!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Fortune Cookie !!!

Can't blame him I suppose, grab it while you still can, nice retirement sum that will make !!!

Bet he got a nice payoff from Sunderland as well.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Fortune Cookie !!!

Bet he got a nice payoff from Sunderland as well.

Yea, not a bad job if you can get it, paid off for getting the sack!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:He really has messed up his managerial career at the top level by taking the sunderland job.

Agree with your 1st 2 points and as for the last one - who knows ?? ( but you might be right on that 1 ) ;)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 pm

CP25Bluebird wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:To be honest Coleman did a fantastic job for Wales in the Euros even though the world up qualifiers were disappointing. The joy he and the team gave us that summer whether you went to France or watched them on to will never be forgotten. I do think he could have stayed for another year or so but maybe he just felt it was time for a move. There shouldn't really be any bitterness towards him though as he helped bring success to Wales at a time when Cardiff were not doing so good! I don't really blame him if he has followed the money - so would I! But it doesn't mean to say he will enjoy it as much as the Wales job :D

Don't blame him for leaving Wales to be honest i think he had taken us as far as he could. Would've been amazing if he got us to the World Cup but it wasn't to be. That summer in France was one of the best summers of my life and he deserves credit for uniting the Wales team and the country with football. Good luck to him don't blame him one bit for going over to china when they're offering that much money!

:thumbup:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

You can see where his mindset is. Get the money where you can I suppose but he is still being overpaid by feeding off his Wales success.

A mediocre manager not willing to prove his mettle the hard way. Easy money.

come off it....he has been in management on and off for 15 years..gave us a fantastic summer in 2016 earning peanuts { in football terms } and although the money will be very good the job will not be easy....just because a league is at a lower level doesnt make your work easier.
good luck to him