Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

30,000 TURN OUT FOR TOMMY ROBINSON MARCH / BUT

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 pm

30,000 marched yesterday for the jailing of Tommy Robinson, Over 500,000 Signed a petition, For 10 days now demonstrations have been held all over the world from USA,Australia to the UK.

BUT The UK media had been keeping it quite,then police wield their batons, scuffles broke out & now the media report it all.

Police baton demonstrators then run
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... ondon/amp/

Trouble Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXl7hB2zpc

Speeches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDp7MX_UceM

I can see it only getting worse until the authorities treat every one equal in the UK

NOW THE BBC, SKY, GUARDIAN,MAIL, EXPRESS.SUN ARE ALL REPORTING IT / FUNNY THAT.

Tommy Robinson march: Five police officers injured as London rally spirals out of control

Sunday Mail

Sunday 10th June 2018

Thousands of protestors took to the streets of the capital to show their support for Robinson, who was jailed for contempt of court after live-streaming a video outside Leeds Crown Court last month.

Shocking footage shows protestors chasing police down a street in central London, as officers attempted to fall back to a new position from which to contain the marchers.

Some protestors were shown hitting a police van with torn-down street signs, while traffic cones and other items were thrown at officers.

Scotland Yard said five police officers were injured with five arrests made. An investigation is now underway.

Police said one person was arrested for possession of an offensive weapon, two were arrested for assaults on police officers, one person was arrested for possession of a flare and a fifth person was arrested for criminal damage to a bus.

The injuries suffered by the five officers are not deemed to be "serious", the Met said.

A counter-protest organised by campaign groups Stand Up to Racism and Unite Against Fascisim has also been held in London.

Protestors marched from Trafalgar Square to Whitehall, where far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders addressed the crowd.

They chanted slogans and waved banners before listening to speeches by Mr Wilders and Ukip MEP Gerard Batten.

Photos taken later show police and protestors clashing in violent scenes, with scuffles breaking out by metal barriers.

Other photos show police using batons in an attempt to bring crowds under control.

Rows of riot police blocked the gate down the Mall leading to Buckingham Palace where the Royal Family gathered on the balcony after celebrating Trooping the Colour just hours before.

Dozens of supporters crowded on to an open-top Megabus sightseeing vehicle waving flags, while one supporter posed on the roof in a Donald Trump mask.

By 6pm, officers had removed protesters from the bus and had kettled many of the remaining protesters on the traffic island overhead.

Other Robinson supporters crowded on to the steps of Nelson's Column and continued to chant slogans.

Officers later said the demonstration had ended at 5pm.

A spokeswoman for megasightseeing.com, whose bus was caught up in today's rally, said: "Our London sightseeing bus was on its normal route when it got caught up in the demonstrations.

"The bus was stormed by demonstrators and the driver and a small number of customers got off.

"The demonstrators have caused a significant amount of damage to the bus which meant it had to be towed away.

"We have reported this to the police and will help them with any investigations."

Robinson was jailed for contempt of court after he used social media to broadcast details of a trial which is subject to blanket reporting restrictions.

Leeds Crown Court heard how Robinson filmed himself and people involved in the case, in footage that was watched around 250,000 times within hours of being posted on Facebook.

Robinson, who was listed by his real name Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon on court documents, was sentenced to 13 months in jail on the same day as his arrest.

He was given 10 months in jail for contempt of court, and an additional three months for beaching a previous suspended sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXl7hB2zpc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 30,000 TURN OUT FOR TOMMY ROBINSON MARCH / BUT

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 pm

30,000 marched for the jailing of Tommy Robinson, Over 500,000 Signed a petition, For 10 days now demonstrations have been held all over the world from USA,Australia to the UK.
There had not been a single arrest or trouble during the 10 days of protesting, but the media never gave the protests any coverage till now. :roll: :roll:

The UK media had been keeping it quite,then police wield their batons, scuffles broke out & now the media report it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:51 pm

30,000 marched for the jailing of Tommy Robinson, Over 500,000 Signed a petition, For 10 days now demonstrations have been held all over the world from USA,Australia to the UK.
There had not been a single arrest or trouble during the 10 days of protesting, but the media never gave the protests any coverage till now. :roll: :roll:

The UK media had been keeping it quite,then police wield their batons, scuffles broke out & now the media report it all.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 pm

I can see it only getting worse until the authorities treat every one equal in the UK

NOW THE BBC, SKY, GUARDIAN,MAIL, EXPRESS.SUN ETC ETC ARE ALL REPORTING IT / FUNNY THAT.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 pm

NOW THE BBC, SKY, GUARDIAN,MAIL, EXPRESS.SUN ARE ALL REPORTING IT / FUNNY THAT.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... ondon/amp/

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:12 pm

A post on here

: Demo
Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Not condoning the violence, but what do you expect - there is an anger amongst many of the regular, working-class folks in Britain that is a direct result of them being ignored and oppressed by the people elected to protect them.

Tommy Robinson is a symptom of that, not the cause. If the British government had done their job and not tried to hide things like grooming gangs under the carpet, there would never have been a reason for Tommy Robinson to exist.

His arrest and in particular the highly questionable process of his sentencing (and the speed at which it was carried out) has given those that feel successive governments have sold them out and ignored their voice a central point to rally around - whilst the violence is unfortunate, it is perhaps somewhat inevitable.

For the record, I was there today and didn't see violence in person (I guess I was lucky) but the footage I watched was pretty damming so again I'm not condoning it - but I think the root of the problem on a societal level is far deeper than just Tommy Robinson and successive governments dating right back to Blair have to shoulder the lions share of the blame.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A post on here

For the record, I was there today and didn't see violence in person (I guess I was lucky) but the footage I watched was pretty damming so again I'm not condoning it - but I think the root of the problem on a societal level is far deeper than just Tommy Robinson and successive governments dating right back to Blair have to shoulder the lions share of the blame.

i like this paragraph.

The issue here goes a lot further than Tommy Robinson. Are people protesting because of the handling of Tommy Robinson. I don't think so. The TR syndrome is the catalyst to igniting the core of the problem. That core problem being the lack of assimulation of the Islamic faith carriers onto our shores. A majority of the Muslims have assimulated with a good percentage of those turning away from what they were brought up with i.e. turning their backs on their traditions in preference to the West ways. The problem is there is a good proportion of them who will not assimulate and want it all their own way.

I'm really not sure where we are going with all this now. The danger is we could end up in an Anarchy state. For me the Governments from Blair up to today have allowed this to grow. Snipping it in the bud was not on their agendas. Anarchy is a tool used to change thinks in a democrazy. If it does succeed I just fear things could turn out worse.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:55 pm

30,000 marched yesterday for the jailing of Tommy Robinson, Over 500,000 Signed a petition, For 10 days now demonstrations have been held all over the world from USA,Australia to the UK.

BUT The UK media had been keeping it quite,then police wield their batons, scuffles broke out & now the media report it all.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Why is there a picture of Liverpool fans celebrating the Champion’s League 2005 win in this thread tho?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... e-14766063

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:07 pm

RFMH wrote:Why is there a picture of Liverpool fans celebrating the Champion’s League 2005 win in this thread tho?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... e-14766063

Poor journalism.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:24 pm

THE AUTHORITIES NEED TO HAVE THE SAME LAWS FOR EVERYONE AND USE THEM FOR EVERYONE AND TREAT EVERYONE EQUAL :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Why has the photo of Liverpool been removed from this thread?

Are you going to remove the photo of the ISIS recruiters from 2008 from the previous thread too?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Dave67 wrote:Why has the photo of Liverpool been removed from this thread?

Are you going to remove the photo of the ISIS recruiters from 2008 from the previous thread too?

What’s LIVERPOOL to do with this topic? ?
Accidentally wrong photo went on, So was immediately removed.

I don’t understand why your complaining?

As soon as I saw it, it was removed :thumbright:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Not condoning the violence, but what do you expect - there is an anger amongst many of the regular, working-class folks in Britain that is a direct result of them being ignored and oppressed by the people elected to protect them.

Tommy Robinson is a symptom of that, not the cause. If the British government had done their job and not tried to hide things like grooming gangs under the carpet, there would never have been a reason for Tommy Robinson to exist.

His arrest and in particular the highly questionable process of his sentencing (and the speed at which it was carried out) has given those that feel successive governments have sold them out and ignored their voice a central point to rally around - whilst the violence is unfortunate, it is perhaps somewhat inevitable.

One of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here.I realise I'm probably in a small minority but in response to this post I'll bite.

The law on this is quite clear.Everyone is entitled to a fair trial,me,you,Tommy Robinson,armed bank robbers,rapists and pedophile gangs etc,etc.In this country a fair trial means you are tried and judged by your peers and(this is the important bit)without any prejudice or influence by persons or groups of people outside of the court.This latest contempt legislation has been around since 1981 so the argument that TR was subject to unfair treatment is a fallacy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contempt of court, often referred to simply as "contempt", is the offense of being disobedient to or discourteous toward a court of law and its officers in the form of behavior that opposes or defies the authority, justice and dignity of the court.[1][2] It manifests itself in willful disregard of or disrespect for the authority of a court of law, which is often behavior that is illegal because it does not obey or respect the rules of a law court.[3][4]

There are broadly two categories of contempt: being rude or disrespectful to legal authorities in the courtroom, or willfully failing to obey a court order.[5] Contempt proceedings are especially used to enforce equitable remedies, such as injunctions.[6] In some jurisdictions, the refusal to respond to subpoena, to testify, to fulfill the obligations of a juror, or to provide certain information can constitute contempt of the court.

When a court decides that an action constitutes contempt of court, it can issue a court order that in the context of a court trial or hearing declares a person or organization to have disobeyed or been disrespectful of the court's authority, called "found" or "held" in contempt. That is the judge's strongest power to impose sanctions for acts that disrupt the court's normal process.

A finding of being in contempt of court may result from a failure to obey a lawful order of a court, showing disrespect for the judge, disruption of the proceedings through poor behavior, or publication of material or non-disclosure of material, which in doing so is deemed likely to jeopardize a fair trial. A judge may impose sanctions such as a fine or jail for someone found guilty of contempt of court.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The speed of his conviction and sentence is easy to explain.Ask anyone transgressing while on parole or transgressing while on some other form of suspended sentence.Justice is quick for all under these circumstances.As for the big brother coverup conspiracy as far as the press is concerned is a made up fallacy but not only the likes of TR use this.Publicity is the oxygen by which these people try and peddle hatred,the worst example in my view are ISIS.

I find it astonishing that people don't realise if TR had been successful those evil bastards could have walked free.

Then theres the old chestnut"my father/grandfathers/uncle/brother fought and died for our way of life and so they did but that also includes a fair trial without prejudice.

Had he waited until the trial had properly finished he would have still been on the outside but there would have been no demonstration and no violence,not good for business eh Tommy.

Just for the record I loathe these people too I just hate mob rule and unfortunately left alone thats all we'd be left with.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Just for the record I loathe these people too I just hate mob rule and unfortunately left alone thats all we'd be left with.

:thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

One of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here.I realise I'm probably in a small minority but in response to this post I'll bite.

The law on this is quite clear.Everyone is entitled to a fair trial,me,you,Tommy Robinson,armed bank robbers,rapists and pedophile gangs etc,etc.In this country a fair trial means you are tried and judged by your peers and(this is the important bit)without any prejudice or influence by persons or groups of people outside of the court.This latest contempt legislation has been around since 1981 so the argument that TR was subject to unfair treatment is a fallacy.

Contempt of court, often referred to simply as "contempt", is the offense of being disobedient to or discourteous toward a court of law and its officers in the form of behavior that opposes or defies the authority, justice and dignity of the court.[1][2] It manifests itself in willful disregard of or disrespect for the authority of a court of law, which is often behavior that is illegal because it does not obey or respect the rules of a law court.[3][4]

There are broadly two categories of contempt: being rude or disrespectful to legal authorities in the courtroom, or willfully failing to obey a court order.[5] Contempt proceedings are especially used to enforce equitable remedies, such as injunctions.[6] In some jurisdictions, the refusal to respond to subpoena, to testify, to fulfill the obligations of a juror, or to provide certain information can constitute contempt of the court.

When a court decides that an action constitutes contempt of court, it can issue a court order that in the context of a court trial or hearing declares a person or organization to have disobeyed or been disrespectful of the court's authority, called "found" or "held" in contempt. That is the judge's strongest power to impose sanctions for acts that disrupt the court's normal process.

A finding of being in contempt of court may result from a failure to obey a lawful order of a court, showing disrespect for the judge, disruption of the proceedings through poor behavior, or publication of material or non-disclosure of material, which in doing so is deemed likely to jeopardize a fair trial. A judge may impose sanctions such as a fine or jail for someone found guilty of contempt of court.

The speed of his conviction and sentence is easy to explain.Ask anyone transgressing while on parole or transgressing while on some other form of suspended sentence.Justice is quick for all under these circumstances.As for the big brother coverup conspiracy as far as the press is concerned is a made up fallacy but not only the likes of TR use this.Publicity is the oxygen by which these people try and peddle hatred,the worst example in my view are ISIS.

I find it astonishing that people don't realise if TR had been successful those evil bastards could have walked free.

Then theres the old chestnut"my father/grandfathers/uncle/brother fought and died for our way of life and so they did but that also includes a fair trial without prejudice.

Had he waited until the trial had properly finished he would have still been on the outside but there would have been no demonstration and no violence,not good for business eh Tommy.

Just for the record I loathe these people too I just hate mob rule and unfortunately left alone thats all we'd be left with.

Mate in fairness you've labelled this one of the most ignorant posts you've ever read (big statement) and then in your response proceed to completely overlook the crux of the point made i.e that the issue is not around Tommy Robinson at all but that his arrest, whether questionable or not, (for the sake of argument let's go with your assertion that it's all above board) has acted like a lightning rod to all of the anger that is swelling like an undercurrent in our society at the moment. That anger is something that has been slowly growing for a long, long time by the way.

If your going to make such hyperbolic statements about a post try addressing more than the one point of contention and grasp the wider point being raised.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Trying to catch up on the detail here but when Mr Robinson was arrested it seems the trial was over and the offenders were to appear/appearing for sentencing. The question I have is 'how could his appearance outside the Court prejudice the trial?'

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

But the point being made is not everyone is being treated the same. Asian grooming gangs get a complete media blackout but Cliff Richard for example gets primetime coverage of the Police raiding his home on the BBC News channel.

It was later proved beyond any doubt that Cliff Richard had done absolutely nothing wrong, but if the case had gone to court how was he ever supposed to have got a fair and equitable trial?

Yet those standards don't apply to Asian grooming gangs who are offered every assistance to avoid justice or at the very least public scrutiny. Annis is totally right on this one, it's time for EVERYONE to be treated the same in the UK and political correctness should not be used to allow Asian perverts to avoid justice.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Dave67 wrote:Why has the photo of Liverpool been removed from this thread?

If there was eve a post which was designed to moan for moaning sake it's this one. Have a day off :roll:

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:50 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Trying to catch up on the detail here but when Mr Robinson was arrested it seems the trial was over and the offenders were to appear/appearing for sentencing. The question I have is 'how could his appearance outside the Court prejudice the trial?'

I don't know the full details but I did catch that the Judge was moaning that evidence used in this trial could hinder some current investigations.

But from what I saw TR was only broadcasting that the trial was being heard and no specific evidence which was being used. Indeed he couldn't have know any as he never sat in the court only reporting outside.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Mate in fairness you've labelled this one of the most ignorant posts you've ever read (big statement) and then in your response proceed to completely overlook the crux of the point made i.e that the issue is not around Tommy Robinson at all but that his arrest, whether questionable or not, (for the sake of argument let's go with your assertion that it's all above board) has acted like a lightning rod to all of the anger that is swelling like an undercurrent in our society at the moment. That anger is something that has been slowly growing for a long, long time by the way.

If your going to make such hyperbolic statements about a post try addressing more than the one point of contention and grasp the wider point being raised.

My point is that most people are commenting on the merits surrounding TR and his actions without really knowing the law and coming to the conclusion that they all picking on poor old Tommy (The government and the press that is)That is what is meant by an ignorant post,not that your an ignorant person.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

But the point being made is not everyone is being treated the same. Asian grooming gangs get a complete media blackout but Cliff Richard for example gets primetime coverage of the Police raiding his home on the BBC News channel.

It was later proved beyond any doubt that Cliff Richard had done absolutely nothing wrong, but if the case had gone to court how was he ever supposed to have got a fair and equitable trial?

Yet those standards don't apply to Asian grooming gangs who are offered every assistance to avoid justice or at the very least public scrutiny. Annis is totally right on this one, it's time for EVERYONE to be treated the same in the UK and political correctness should not be used to allow Asian perverts to avoid justice.

Tony I've got to take issue with your example of Cliff Richard because the two events are not remotely related or can this reasoning be used to justify TR's treatment.The BBC tried to get the jump on rival media outfits by acting on a tipoff by someone within the Met as I understand it.This in itself was wrong but had it gone to court the BBC along with all other media outlets would have been subject to reporting restrictions the same as anyone else with a high profile.Your second paragraph begs the question,if there were no reporting restrictions whatsoever and everyone could scrutinise the evidence before a trial took place who would get a fair and impartial trial without prejudice?Every case needs to stand or fall on its own merit and not outside influence as distasteful as that case was.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
My point is that most people are commenting on the merits surrounding TR and his actions without really knowing the law and coming to the conclusion that they all picking on poor old Tommy (The government and the press that is)That is what is meant by an ignorant post,not that your an ignorant person.

First of all thanks for clarifying it is the post, not the poster that you are taking umbrage to - I'm a big believer in responding to the post, not the poster as well so I do genuinely appreciate that. :thumbup:

I just think that you're missing the thrust of my point though - if it hadn't have been TR being arrested, it would have been something else soon enough. The writing has been on the wall for long time now and as each case of people with right wing/anti-islam views/sentiments getting over the top judgements/sentences etc occurs (I'm thinking Dancula, Chelsea Russell, Lauren Southern, Brittany Pettibone, Rachel Booth, Kevin Crehan etc etc) more people are reaching breaking point where they feel enough is enough and it is time to speak up.

TR's popularity might have had a hand accelerating things coming to a head but it was sure to happen regardless, and the fault of that lies in consistently weak government.

Tommy Robinson, The EDL, The FLA, Pediga, AfD, Le Pen, Swedish Democrats, Geert Wilders, Viktor Orban, the collapse of Schengen are all the symptoms of the same fundamental problem - namely an increasingly out of touch political elite, forcing globalist/far left agendas that fly directly in the face of what the people who elected them actually want.

For example, Chatham House research (so no lightweight organisation) identified that across 10 European countries a majority of citizens were asked if they agreed with the statement ‘All further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped’.

Majorities in all but two of the ten states agreed, ranging from 71% in Poland, 65% in Austria, 53% in Germany and 51% in Italy to 47% in the United Kingdom and 41% in Spain. In no country did the percentage that disagreed surpass 32%.

Is it any wonder there is a surge of populism across Europe? People all across the continent are looking for people who will represent them. Currently, in the UK we have no such option, UKIP was the only party that could have met that need but they've fallen apart with infighting - therefore someone like TR ends up filling that void and the perceived injustice (again whether it actually was an injustice or not is ultimately irrelevant) is enough to become a rallying call for people to stand together and voice their anger.

To try and boil this hugely complex and nuanced discussion down to if TR was guilty is in itself ignorant of the much wider societal issues that we are facing at the minute.

Chatham House research - https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/com ... migration#

:bluebird:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....
and there lies your problem,its not that nobody understands the black and white..its everyone else realises its not black and white..not all laws are exact..or applied as they were meant to be..or infact applied equally.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:23 am

dogfound wrote:

black and white....
and there lies your problem,its not that nobody understands the black and white..its everyone else realises its not black and white..not all laws are exact..or applied as they were meant to be..or infact applied equally.

Very well made point - I genuinely wish I could make such an excellent point so succinctly - very, very smart post :clap:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....

Ah my bad,obey the law when it suits and justify it by claiming some other dude was even naughtier.........righto

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....

Ah my bad,obey the law when it suits and justify it by claiming some other dude was even naughtier.........righto

your post in no way addresses mine.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....

Thats because its just a speculative,anecdotal opinion which you are entitled to of course

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:33 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....

Thats because its just a speculative,anecdotal opinion which you are entitled to of course

but its not just opinion its fact mate..wikipedia it or just talk to any cop,judge,brief.
not sure if these are ...you cant be wrong dig the hole deeper answers.
or if youve lived an incredibly sheltered life and actually think the law is standard and straight jacketed..

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

black and white....

but its not just opinion its fact mate..wikipedia it or just talk to any cop,judge,brief.
not sure if these are ...you cant be wrong dig the hole deeper answers.
or if youve lived an incredibly sheltered life and actually think the law is standard and straight jacketed..

You are contradicting yourself.If I've got to ask anyone its supposition and speculation by definition, instead why don't you answer some of the points I've made and this sheltered man will try and understand you.