Just watched Cardiff v Liverpool 2014 on Sky

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 pm

A few things that I noticed...
I didn’t realise that the atmosphere was so poor
I did notice how awful we were as a team.
I for one, think we’ll be more up for it this time.
I understand that there were a few exceptions (Man City, Man Utd home) but I hope that we can make it a bit better atmosphere this time.
Ps. We looked bloody awful in red!!
bluebirdoct1962

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Just watched Cardiff v Liverpool 2014 on Sky

Postby Mr Shed » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:35 pm

We as supporters showed too much respect to some teams at the time. Arsenal were another one. Difficult time at the club with the whole Malky/Tan war that was dividing the fans.
With a unified club this time we need to get behind our team and not treat it like were going to a circus show.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Mr Shed wrote:We as supporters showed too much respect to some teams at the time. Arsenal were another one. Difficult time at the club with the whole Malky/Tan war that was dividing the fans.
With a unified club this time we need to get behind our team and not treat it like were going to a circus show.

Completely agree - yes it's exciting to see some of the worlds best players against us but that's the very point - They are against us! So once I've spotted a few players and managers who I look forward to seeing I will be more focused on cheering our team on and not giving much respect to the team against us! I don't care about Man city or Man U or Arsenal or Tottenham and I'm sure they not give a dam about us either! We are there for one thing and at it to survive! So let's make it a fortress at the CCS and cheer on our club because they will need us! :bluescarf:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Chris Holmes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm

I think it was the 1st occasion there was a 3-6 scoreline as a home defeat in the Premier League

There was another one at the start of the following season, Everton 3-6 Chelsea.

Hopefully not too many records like that next season
Chris Holmes

Postby skiprat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Glad that heinous red brigade got stuffed out of sight in the premier league.lets hope Cardiff city AFC the bluebirds can make a better go of it.
skiprat

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 pm

From what I remember we half gave it a go.
What sticks in the mind is us getting consistently done at left back (name left out to protect the guilty) with balls across the box from which they scored 1 if not 2 goals.
Refereeing bias - of which more to follow next season.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:From what I remember we half gave it a go.
What sticks in the mind is us getting consistently done at left back (name left out to protect the guilty) with balls across the box from which they scored 1 if not 2 goals.

Centre back costing around £8M was also shocking
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:A few things that I noticed...
I didn’t realise that the atmosphere was so poor
I did notice how awful we were as a team.
I for one, think we’ll be more up for it this time.
I understand that there were a few exceptions (Man City, Man Utd home) but I hope that we can make it a bit better atmosphere this time.
Ps. We looked bloody awful in red!!

Mate, sadly I think you're spot on! :(

My whole attitude to this coming season is that whatever happens it can't be any worse than last time! :thumbright:

We were relegated, showed no fight after Christmas, lost any heart amongst the bitterly divided support, had a manager who played us for his own ends, an owner that simply didn't understand (and was hoodwinked by those around him), had a lifeless stadium and also played in that awful red!

This time is sure to be a far more positive experience. I believe all involved (inc. supporters) have moved on! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:20 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:From what I remember we half gave it a go.

I agree, up till half time I thought we played ok, but second half we completely fell apart and no one seemed to know what they were meant to do. The main thing I remember about that game was Luis Suarez performance as that's probably the best performance I have ever seen from a player live, he was incredible that game.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby nojac » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:28 pm

What didn't help was two of our defenders got injured , so they went off after treatment .
The ref wouldn't let them back on, until after the corner was taken.
Of course Liverpool scored from that corner.
Biased referees didn't help , in that game .
I think Gerrard was booked after a foul and 5 minutes later he did a worse one and the ref just give him a warning , instead of a red card.
nojac

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 pm

skiprat wrote:Glad that heinous red brigade got stuffed out of sight in the premier league.lets hope Cardiff city AFC the bluebirds can make a better go of it.

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Nojac
I'd forgotten about the players not being allowed back on.Would the same call have been made against them?
Saurez also fouled Cala before scoring at the Grange -End.

It's horrible but apart from all the usual stuff that gets spoken about here one of my abiding memories of the PL last time is the ridiculous refereeing.

NW has stated that he is firmly in favour of VAR . The 'big teams' in his words 'get away with murder' and he suggested VAR would redress the balance.
C. Rombie-Coat

Return to General Chat