Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are they going to remove those red seats for the new sea

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Any money spent on stadium changes/upgrades does not affect FFP in the slightest.

Vincent Tan could (and should) rectify his rebrand and it wouldn't affect any player signings at all.

Everybody's happy!

how do you work that out...
its still money whether it effects ffp or not, so if Tan intends to spend x pounds why would any fan want part of that spent on changing thousands of perfectly good seats.. :laughing5:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:14 am

Erm... because they are red, not blue.
They are a glaring reminder of the rebrand and look crap.
I thought you might have got that by now.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 am

No. But you can ask us all again in a few weeks when you’re struggling for content to post if you like?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 am

It must be really nice living in the past, if all people have to worry about is the colour of CCFC seats, people should grow up :thumbup:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 am

dogfound wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Any money spent on stadium changes/upgrades does not affect FFP in the slightest.

Vincent Tan could (and should) rectify his rebrand and it wouldn't affect any player signings at all.

Everybody's happy!

how do you work that out...
its still money whether it effects ffp or not, so if Tan intends to spend x pounds why would any fan want part of that spent on changing thousands of perfectly good seats.. :laughing5:

Because it is a reminder of the worse period of our history.

Tan has admitted the rebrand was a mistake but if he was sincerely sorry about it he would remove all evidence of it and that would include that horrible wiggly worm.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 am

wiltshirebluebird wrote:Having some red seats doesn't bother me. Problem is having them in two big slabs looks a bit odd. Much better if they were integrated in smaller sections around he stadium. I'm sure someone with a bit of design flair could come up with a solution. Lots of stadia have various colour seats and look great.

Make small dragons out of them in each stand. Replace with blue ones.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 am

Bluemellons wrote:Why cant we just put them around the exits and perimeter and fill the Upper Ninian with the blue seats taken out? Its a b*stard of a job but its just recycling. They do look shit but its just not worth binning them. We have better things to spend our money on.
A single line of red wouldnt get noticed surely?
Meanwhile, Cardiff City are searching for important stuff. Like players. :lol:

Agree in terms of recycling and the fact they shouldn't just be put in the bin - especially plastic! What would be good is if the club donated them to other clubs (much lower clubs) that maybe struggling financially or just don't have he money to maintain or upgrade their ground. Merthyr or Barry or whoever wants them! Or they could sell them for a small fee! At
LEast they wouldn't just be going in the bin!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Erm... because they are red, not blue.

the biggest reminder of the rebrand is you , baked and about 5 others on here..
and lets be honest ,if you woke tomorrow to a totally blue ground youd find something else you wanted changed..
im afraid if he truly wanted ALL reminders gone it would have to include you lot...and personally i think the money spent hiring a hit squad ccould also be best spent elsewhere..

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:51 am

dogfound wrote:

and lets be honest ,if you woke tomorrow to a totally blue ground youd find something else you wanted changed..
im afraid if he truly wanted ALL reminders gone it would have to include you lot...and personally i think the money spent hiring a hit squad ccould also be best spent elsewhere..

Nice that wanting to take someone out that way.

Well once the red seats and wiggly worm are removed I would like ot see those that took it up the arse taken out. Well actually shown the door would be sufficient.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

whether you like it or not it is part of our history,it should serve as a reminder of mistakes gone by,forget it,we are at last having unity,fans players manager and Tan all need each other lets move forward. :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 pm

We are never going foreward when you have pedantics stuck in the past idiots brining it up every 5 minutes, oh it reminds me of the rebrand boo hoo!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:24 pm

dogfound wrote:

I'm a bigger reminder of the rebrand than a large stand full of red seats!
That's not even a clever insult!
I would be very happy if we had a blue ground.
And you could have one red seat. Just for yourself.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 pm

dogfound wrote:

Can't help but agree I don't look at the seats and think of the re-brand in fact the only time I'm reminded is when these posts pop up.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm

The only time I ever see them is on TV to be honest. If they really upset you move to the Ninian Stand and you wont be able to see them :occasion5: :occasion5:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 pm

I actually sit in the Ninian Stand!

Just think though.
If the club changed the damn seats to blue, as per reversing the rebrand, then no more of these 'discussions' would take place.

Wouldn't that be good.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:I actually sit in the Ninian Stand!

Just think though.
If the club changed the damn seats to blue, as per reversing the rebrand, then no more of these 'discussions' would take place.

Wouldn't that be good.

Well if you and baked stopped bringing it up these discussions wouldn't take place.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Just think though.

Wouldn't that be good.

pedantics would still bring it up

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 pm

The rebrand isn't fully reversed yet.
So it should be bought up.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:The rebrand isn't fully reversed yet.
So it should be bought up.

Follow the gist of what I said, pedantics will NEVER stop bringing it up :banghead:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Good.

Then hopefully something will be done about it and we can all move on.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Good.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Just think though.

Wouldn't that be good.

Then it would be on to the next issue..... when will Tan sell up so we can finally (and I mean it this time) be rid of any red reminder.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Nice that wanting to take someone out that way.

Well once the red seats and wiggly worm are removed I would like ot see those that took it up the arse taken out. Well actually shown the door would be sufficient.

i did say the money could be spent better elsewhere..

fully agree with the last sentence...and i hope the che gavaras of doing nothing other than spout shit after the event but kept going to games like everyone else man up and lead this time...

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I'm a bigger reminder of the rebrand than a large stand full of red seats!
That's not even a clever insult!
I would be very happy if we had a blue ground.
And you could have one red seat. Just for yourself.

i dont WANT a red seat just a seat..
youd also be happy with the 70s non historic strip with yellow....but not with the badge from that kit.. :lol: :lol:
how about just being a Cardiff fan instead of this pic and mix version.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Good.

is there something wrong with your powers of understanding,still dont get my gist,if the whole damn stadium was painted with permanent blue you and a few others would still be harping on about it.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Carlossus wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Good.

is there something wrong with your powers of understanding,still dont get my gist,if the whole damn stadium was painted with permanent blue you and a few others would still be harping on about it.

As you're resorting to being rude, what do you base your incorrectly puntuated drivel on?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Igovernor wrote:We are never going foreward when you have pedantics stuck in the past idiots brining it up every 5 minutes, oh it reminds me of the rebrand boo hoo!

I was seeing signs of the so-called divide in the fan base coming to an end but it seems that a few are not prepared to let it go and concentrate on supporting our team. Bringing up the rebrand is becoming tiresome and says more about the posters who do it than the misguided event itself.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Donate the red seats to a welsh club that plays in red wrexham newtown etc

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Look, let's be honest, the rebrand would not be bought up at all now if it had been reversed completely.

I hope it is soon, and that would be great.

The club under Neil Warnock is doing brilliantly and I woukd like to see us under the gaze of a worldwide tv audience with a blue stadium and a team zooming up the Premier League.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Give them to Sunderland or Mboro,theirs look terrible,faded to light pink.