Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED:JOSH MURPHY SPENT LAST NIGHT IN CARDIFF/ MEDICAL

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:8-11M.... And he wants 6 signings..... I'm encouraged

Probably have 3 signings with fees and the other 3 Warnock wheeling and dealing in my humble opinion.

Yeah that's the way I see it panning out a well.
:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:

Probably have 3 signings with fees and the other 3 Warnock wheeling and dealing in my humble opinion.

Yea i wouldn't disagree. But to see us spend that on one. is good for the first signing. Because it means Warnock isn't worried about his budget too much. If you understand what i mean?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:

Yea i wouldn't disagree. But to see us spend that on one. is good for the first signing. Because it means Warnock isn't worried about his budget too much. If you understand what i mean?

Surely we will spend less than that if we do get him, similar price to Medal !!!

Still, I suppose that football player inflation for you!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:24 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:

I agree and I’d be more than happy to invest in 3 young hungry players with resale value. I think it’s a great statement if true. I’d still like Warnock to get some freebies or loans to supplement the squad. But be well happy if we made 3 signings like this.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

What i like about this type of signing is if and I know I will get criticism for saying it before a ball is kicked, if we do go back down next year he would be a player who would still be with us in the champ as we wouldn’t be paying silly wages.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

GRCCFC wrote:What i like about this type of signing is if and I know I will get criticism for saying it before a ball is kicked, if we do go back down next year he would be a player who would still be with us in the champ as we wouldn’t be paying silly wages.

That is a realistic opinion, you shouldn't be criticised for talking sense :thumbup:

Obviously, hopefully we don't!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Absolutely thrilled with this signing should it pull off - typically off the radar from the rumour mill - so I’d say anyone we’ve been linked to isn’t going to happen. This lad has potential, he’s a good age, and I think the reported £10m in this climate is a steal. Well done Board

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:

Surely we will spend less than that if we do get him, similar price to Medal !!!

Still, I suppose that football player inflation for you!!!

That was 5 years ago. Prices have gone silly since

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:37 pm

My Canary fan friend says:

“Hmmmmm...... great turn of pace and sometimes good at getting round people. I never been impressed with his decision making and, given we have played him on the wing at times, his ball in to the box is very hit and miss.
Another one like Redmond who feels that he is too good to be at Norwich now, but will probably go missing (bit like Redmond and the other Murphy) when he goes to a bigger club.
If he gets in a mood on the pitch he’s like a petulant teenager....”

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

richards13 wrote:My Canary fan friend says:

“Hmmmmm...... great turn of pace and sometimes good at getting round people. I never been impressed with his decision making and, given we have played him on the wing at times, his ball in to the box is very hit and miss.
Another one like Redmond who feels that he is too good to be at Norwich now, but will probably go missing (bit like Redmond and the other Murphy) when he goes to a bigger club.
If he gets in a mood on the pitch he’s like a petulant teenager....”

Sounds perfect for Warnock to manage. I think our wide players will be more about running and shooting than crossing tbh especially if Zohore is playing.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm

If he’s anything like redmond I’d be happy as he’s a good player on his day, if he’s better than redmond then we have a good player on our hands.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

https://twitter.com/hucks6dh6/status/10 ... 32289?s=21

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Could be very good singning. Has the talent and potential to be a full england international, hopefully the premier league stage and warnock and cardiff can give him that and he can give cardiff a season to remember too and keep us up!

Also if we are spending 11 million on a winger then his is encourouging regarding transfers what could we spend on a striker? 10-15 million should give us some quality

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

SSN - Deal to be done in the morning ( Tuesday ) .

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 am

Cardiff set to make Josh Murphy their first summer signing after agreeing £10.5million deal for Norwich winger

Josh Murphy set to join Cardiff from Norwich in £10.5million move
Winger will have a medical with Cardiff on Tuesday before signing five-year deal
Fulham and Brighton had also enquired about Murphy,

Daily Mail

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is to make Josh Murphy his first signing of the summer after agreeing a £10.5million deal with Norwich City.

Murphy, 23-year-old brother of Newcastle's Jacob, will have a medical on Tuesday ahead of signing a five year contract.

Fulham and Brighton had also enquired about Murphy.

Last season Murphy, a former England youth international, scored seven goals in the Championship, while he was the joint-top scorer in the EFL Cup with four goals along with Samu Saiz of Leeds and Islam Slimani of Leicester.

Murphy progressed through the ranks at Norwich's academy and is set to leave the club having made over 100 first-team appearances, while he also gained experience during loan spells at Wigan Athletic and MK Dons.

JOSH MURPHY'S 2017/18 SEASON

Championship - 41 games, 7 goals, 3 assists

League Cup - 4 games, 4 goals

FA Cup - 2 games

Cardiff are also keen on Preston North End left-back Greg Cunningham.

The 27-year-old made 20 appearances in the Championship last season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED: " JOSH MURPHY TUESDAY MEDICAL? "

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:06 am

DEAL CLOSE Cardiff closing in on £11million deal for Norwich winger Josh Murphy
The Premier League new boys look set to make their first signing of the summer

By Sean O'Brien

TalkSport

Tuesday 12th June 2018

Cardiff are close to signing winger Josh Murphy from Norwich in an £11million deal.

The 23-year-old is set to become the first new arrival at the Bluebirds since they secured a return to the Premier League last month, it is understood.

Murphy would become Cardiff’s joint-record signing after they bought Gary Medel from Sevilla in August 2013 for £11million.

Middlesbrough held a firm interest in the winger and a move to the north east would have allowed Murphy to be closer to his twin brother Jacob, who joined Newcastle last summer.

But Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock looks to have won the race after guiding the Welsh club to second in the Sky Bet Championship last season.

Warnock has said he wants five or six new signings ahead of their top-flight return.

Murphy came through the Norwich academy and made 108 appearances for the Canaries. Last season he played 47 times and scored 11 goals.

The sale is part of a rebuild at Carrow Road after their parachute payments ended and they are also expected to sell James Maddison this summer.

England Under-21 midfielder Maddison is expected to cost over £20million and Leicester are leading the race for his signature but Everton remain interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:11 am

Josh Murphy to have medical at Cardiff ahead of move from Norwich

SKY SPORTS

12/06/18

Josh Murphy will have a medical at Cardiff on Tuesday

Josh Murphy will have a medical at Cardiff on Tuesday ahead of a £10m move from Norwich, Sky Sports News understands.

Cardiff were one of three clubs who made enquiries for the 23-year-old, with Fulham and Brighton also keen on signing the former England U20 winger.

Murphy, who scored 11 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season, looks set to join his twin brother Jacob - currently at Newcastle - in the Premier League.

It would be Cardiff's first signing since winning promotion to the top flight, and their most expensive under current manager Neil Warnock.

Murphy came through Norwich's academy system and was a key part of the side that won the FA Youth Cup in 2013, scoring in the final against Chelsea.

He has gone on to make 108 first-team appearances, including nine during their spell in the Premier League in the 2013-14 season.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:Josh Murphy to have medical at Cardiff ahead of move from Norwich

SKY SPORTS

12/06/18

Josh Murphy will have a medical at Cardiff on Tuesday ahead of a £10m move from Norwich, Sky Sports News understands.

Cardiff were one of three clubs who made enquiries for the 23-year-old, with Fulham and Brighton also keen on signing the former England U20 winger.

Murphy, who scored 11 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season, looks set to join his twin brother Jacob - currently at Newcastle - in the Premier League.

It would be Cardiff's first signing since winning promotion to the top flight, and their most expensive under current manager Neil Warnock.

Murphy came through Norwich's academy system and was a key part of the side that won the FA Youth Cup in 2013, scoring in the final against Chelsea.

He has gone on to make 108 first-team appearances, including nine during their spell in the Premier League in the 2013-14 season.

Already doing the ayatollah in that picture :lol:
I’m excited about this signing :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Josh Murphy to have medical at Cardiff ahead of move from Norwich

SKY SPORTS

12/06/18

Already doing the ayatollah in that picture :lol:
I’m excited about this signing :ayatollah:

:lol:

It really looks like it’s about to happen as genuine reports say he has been with Warnock since Sunday. :thumbright: :bluebird: