Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Murphy to complete medical today

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 am

John perch from telegraph reporting fee was agreed on the weekend for up to 10 million assuming we stay up.

Medical to be completed today?

Is that a risk for 10 million? One good season untested in the prem? He ran manga ragged mjnd at our place.

What’s your thoughts

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197334 :bluebird:

Re: Josh Murphy to complete medical today

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:37 am

Lightning quick and can whip in a decent cross too, likes take a player on, good bit of business if true as he’s still got years ahead of him
Last edited by Wolfpac on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 am

Not really if he helps us stay up its money well spent.

If we go down someone who can do it at championship level. Knew it would be someone with pace.

These are the type of signings I expect.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am

Exactly the signing we need imo, he fast and like you say he ran Manga ragged. I’d be very happy at this signing if it happened.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:40 am

2blue2handle wrote:Not really if he helps us stay up its money well spent.

If we go down someone who can do it at championship level. Knew it would be someone with pace.

These are the type of signings I expect.

Spot on

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:John perch from telegraph reporting fee was agreed on the weekend for up to 10 million assuming we stay up.

Medical to be completed today?

Is that a risk for 10 million? One good season untested in the prem? He ran manga ragged mjnd at our place.

What’s your thoughts

id like to see how the deal is structured.

for example if its 6m now and 4m if we stay up then i dont think its risky at all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Think it goes to show we will be spending a decent amount of money aswell if we’re splashing out 10 million

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:46 am

Good profile and tbh considering prices right now pretty good investment.

One question though, is he a left winger or can he play either flank?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 am

Also will go will the style we play football he’s very quick for counter attacking and his wages wouldn’t be stupid

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 am

I’d be over the moon with this signing, he’s scored some brilliant goals. I’m sure he scored a decent goal against us the season before last.

If it is £10m upfront that’s pennies considering his age and the potential on sale value will be good. He'll also be hungry to do well and prove himself.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am

Good luck to him for the future but it is good business for Norwich - £10m for someone who can't defend, has one good game in six and can only cross a ball at 100mph.

Also gets another £28k per week off the wage bill so that saves another £1.5 million per year

At least we're not Villa

quote from a Norwich forum :lol:

god knows what we are paying him if thats true.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Good luck to him for the future but it is good business for Norwich - £10m for someone who can't defend, has one good game in six and can only cross a ball at 100mph.

Also gets another £28k per week off the wage bill so that saves another £1.5 million per year

At least we're not Villa

Good point.I wonder if that game he tore Manga apart was his so called 1 in 6.Time will tell,he could prove to be top notch. :bluebird:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 am

I posted in May to ask for two signings, Grealish and Murphy!
Grealish will go to another Prem team but Murphy is an excellent signing. Scored some wonder goals last year

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:17 am

Can see Warnock getting the best out of this guy .

Good bit of competition for Hoillet and NML

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:Can see Warnock getting the best out of this guy .

Good bit of competition for Hoillet and NML

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fingers crossed turns out to be a good signing

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

At least we're not Villa

I wouldn't rely to much on what fans forums say to be honest. If people read this forum pretty much every player has been written off at some point. A lot of fans were happy to sell Morrison for 4m 12 months ago.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

At least we're not Villa

I wouldn't rely to much on what fans forums say to be honest. If people read this forum pretty much every player has been written off at some point. A lot of fans were happy to sell Morrison for 4m 12 months ago.

yeah i dont, the bit about crosses made me laugh though.

just hope weve held back as much as possible in up front money.

10/11m seems a lot

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

At least we're not Villa

yeah i dont, the bit about crosses made me laugh though.

just hope weve held back as much as possible in up front money.

10/11m seems a lot

Yeah hopefully it’s 7 million and the rest if we stay up... if you think about it Shaquiri has a 12 million release clause

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Don't think there's any risk as he's only 23 - worse case we go down we can sell and get most of the fee back.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

At least we're not Villa

I was just going to ask can he cross!!!

there are always positive fans always say they're glad when players leaves, and the negative ones saying we're doomed now, Warnock will know all about him!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

T1JMO wrote:Don't think there's any risk as he's only 23 - worse case we go down we can sell and get most of the fee back.

If we go down he will be an asset to go up. Perfect signing and hopefully wages are reduced on all new signings if we go down. Must learn