Watford spend nearly 17mill euros on Midfielder

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 pm

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

11/06/18

And here's the confirmation,Watford have reached an agreement to sign midfielder Gerard Deulofeu from Barcelona, the Spanish club have announced.

The Spanish club have announced they have agreed on a fee of 13m euros, plus 4m euros in variables W.

Barcelona will also receive a percentage of any future transfer operations to other clubs.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Watford spend nearly 17mill euros on Midfielder

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:03 pm

About £15M in real money, think Watford got a good deal there personally. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 pm

I loved Duelofeu. He didn’t get a fair crack under Koeman (the knob). But, he’s very inconsistent. Lovely skills, but runs into a lot of blind alleys. But good eye for goal. I think we paid about 9m to Barca for him, with a caveat they could have him back. They did and he didn’t break through (surprise surprise). A loan to AC started well but they didn’t fancy him in the end. I’m actually surprised Watford have shelled out this much, given injuries and form. It’s a shame and ‘what could have been’ for him as a toffee. I remember him hitting a lovely goal from a tight angle on the right against Leicester. Quality. Watford have gambled here in my view. Must be able to afford it.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:I loved Duelofeu. He didn’t get a fair crack under Koeman (the knob). But, he’s very inconsistent. Lovely skills, but runs into a lot of blind alleys. But good eye for goal. I think we paid about 9m to Barca for him, with a caveat they could have him back. They did and he didn’t break through (surprise surprise). A loan to AC started well but they didn’t fancy him in the end. I’m actually surprised Watford have shelled out this much, given injuries and form. It’s a shame and ‘what could have been’ for him as a toffee. I remember him hitting a lovely goal from a tight angle on the right against Leicester. Quality. Watford have gambled here in my view. Must be able to afford it.

Didn’t he spend time on loan at Watford last season?
KBK-13

Postby phildavies » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Think hes a bit overated TBH. Watford have a weird transfer policy mostly foreign players and sack their coach every year think they will be in a relegation battlenext year TBH as their current manager has pretty poor record since taking over in Jan.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 pm

phildavies wrote:Think hes a bit overated TBH. Watford have a weird transfer policy mostly foreign players and sack their coach every year think they will be in a relegation battlenext year TBH as their current manager has pretty poor record since taking over in Jan.

I agree, I just don't see how you can have a team with 15 different nationalities and a new manager every season and stay up, at some point history suggests that it will catch up with them and personally I reckon it will be this season, I don't think Watford have a good squad and they had relegation form going into the end of the season and only survived because of their early form under Marco Silva and the new manager syndrome. I reckon they'll go down along with Huddersfield and Leicester who are fucked when Mahrez leaves and Vardy stops scoring 20 goals a season + their fans seem to dislike Claude Puel which is never a good sign as we know ourselves when a whole club isn't pulling in the same direction.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:I loved Duelofeu. He didn’t get a fair crack under Koeman (the knob). But, he’s very inconsistent. Lovely skills, but runs into a lot of blind alleys. But good eye for goal. I think we paid about 9m to Barca for him, with a caveat they could have him back. They did and he didn’t break through (surprise surprise). A loan to AC started well but they didn’t fancy him in the end. I’m actually surprised Watford have shelled out this much, given injuries and form. It’s a shame and ‘what could have been’ for him as a toffee. I remember him hitting a lovely goal from a tight angle on the right against Leicester. Quality. Watford have gambled here in my view. Must be able to afford it.

Didn’t he spend time on loan at Watford last season?

He did mate, yes. Think he was injured too for a while. Surprised they went back in for him at this money tbh. He’s a player, just too inconsistent. Barca took him back off us as they thought he was ‘the one that got away’. He didnt push on though, but thats no surprise looking at their team sheet.
#1ScouseBluebird

Return to General Chat