Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm

People writing him off far too quickly. Tan may already have the next vardy?

Re: Zohore

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Who's written him off?

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Don't think anyone is. Although im a critic of his. Because he has so much ability but is too lightweight for someone his size

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:49 pm

I've seen posts saying he will never be a 20 goal season striker. He's still quite young so hopefully better players around him will help him be consistent

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Some players will make the step up and some won't. No doubt some players we expect to do well may struggle and others who we don't will do well.

I think any striker next season is going to struggle for huge amount of goals, the way we play and the possession we have. I really think Zohore can do well, is he a counter attack kind of striker, he has power and pace when running with the ball so think he will fit into a defensive unit well.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 pm

trotskie wrote:I've seen posts saying he will never be a 20 goal season striker. He's still quite young so hopefully better players around him will help him be consistent

That would probably be me. I said on a post recently that he has been a professional for around 8 years and averages just under 4 goals a year. Personally, I can't see him suddenly being a 20 goal a season striker in the PL, when he has never managed those sort of figure at a much lower level of football. That does not mean I don't rate him though. I think he can play an important part in our PL campaign, and he has other attributes to his game. I doubt we can rely on his goals to keep us up, but he can be a handful for defenders, and make space for others to hopefully knock a few in. Just my personal opinion, and I would be more than happy if he proves me wrong and does a Vardy.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:08 pm

trotskie wrote:I've seen posts saying he will never be a 20 goal season striker. He's still quite young so hopefully better players around him will help him be consistent

The mythical 20 goal a season premier league strikers are few & far between, only 4 scored 20 or more last season.

Salah 32
Kane 30
Aguero 21
Vardy 20

If Zohore did become a 20 goal a season striker (which he won't) he would be worth a minimum of 50 million.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

I don't see Zohore being a 20 goal a season striker in the prem I have to be honest, but part of me actually thinks he'll suit the premier league a lot better than the championship. The Championship is far more physical and the defenders in particular are far more physical in the championship and that doesn't suit Zohore's game where in the prem its far more on the floor and the defenders are far less physical o I don't see him getting bullied as much + we wont be playing 2-3 games a week so he'll get more time to rest which should allow him to be more explosive In more games. If Warnock decides to go with him as our main striker next season I can see him getting between 7-10 goals.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:27 pm

trotskie wrote:People writing him off far too quickly. Tan may already have the next vardy?

Hes not in the same league as vardy unfortunately, you see vardys goalscoring record in the championship compared to zohore? Hope im wrong though and kenny comes up trumps in the prem but i cant see it

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 pm

a very talented player,we have not been playing him to his strengths, he holds the ball well and is a handful to defenders, we need through balls through the middle beating off side traps,that is where he is deadly,i am surprised after the previous season we have not utilised him in this manner.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 pm

I actually think if he works for it he will have a much easier time than in the Championship. Be able to use his pace a bit more

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 am

Carlossus wrote:a very talented player,we have not been playing him to his strengths, he holds the ball well and is a handful to defenders, we need through balls through the middle beating off side traps,that is where he is deadly,i am surprised after the previous season we have not utilised him in this manner.

With ralls bryson paterson playing as the highest centre midfielders none of them have the vision and creativity to play them killer passes for zohore to run in behind. Hopefully warnock can get in a quality centre midfielder and we can then see more from zohore