Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Did anyone else watch it? I'm usually a big fan of Frankie Boyle and like his comedy but have to be honest, I thought the show was garbage and got the feeling it didn't know what it was looking to achieve. Just seemed to be Frankie Boyle walking around not really doing or saying anything interesting for an hour.
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 pm

As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby phildavies » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:43 am

Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


I mean he was clearly being ironic :lol:
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby stevee1966 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 am

Normally enjoy watching Frankie Boyle but i switched off after 15 minutes of the first programme. I'm not sure if it was meant to be informative, funny or a bit of both, but ended up being none of those.
stevee1966
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:19 am

phildavies wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


I mean he was clearly being ironic :lol:


You would think so but I'm not sure with him, and it wasn't said in a jokey way.

In any event, as soon as he started taking unprovoked shots at Oasis I turned the channel over! Not having that 8-) :lol: :lol: :king:
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Flyingpostman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 am

Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!



Woooosh
Flyingpostman
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby CF14-SE14 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


Said the idiot

Clearly feckin ironic :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:
BLUEBIRDS - GLEISION
User avatar
CF14-SE14
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


Said the idiot

Clearly feckin ironic :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:


It wasn't clearly ironic at all and knowing Boyle's politics it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Here is the trailer where he says 'Russia is a beautiful democracy'. It is clearly not said with irony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fJSNL4tXc
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Flyingpostman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


Said the idiot

Clearly feckin ironic :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:


It wasn't clearly ironic at all and knowing Boyle's politics it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.



Your village is calling you mate !
Flyingpostman
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Comedian makes a joke and people don't believe it.. awkward.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
User avatar
DandoCCFC
 
Posts: 13142
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Tredegar <O>

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Crayfish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Problem for me is the programme became more and more about Frankie Boyle and less and less about Russia as it went on.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:As soon as he described Russia as ‘a beautiful democracy’ I was out! Idiot!


Said the idiot

Clearly feckin ironic :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:


It wasn't clearly ironic at all and knowing Boyle's politics it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.



Your village is calling you mate !


I've shown you the link, clearly not said in irony and im not the only person to raise it!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:00 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Comedian makes a joke and people don't believe it.. awkward.



It wasn't a joke. I've added the link above for clarity. And I object to Boyle being called a comedian when he's not funny.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 pm

This is my first post in yonks, but this thread has made me want to reply.

Frankie Boyle says alot of shocking things for the shock value. And I mean alot of shocking things :lol: he can also say the said shocking things in a serious manner which is why he's been in alot of trouble with some celebrities and the BBC. (The BBC previously got rid of him but came to their senses and bought him back).

I would put my mortgage on it, if I had one, that this was tongue in cheek. Frankie is an absolute prick in what he say but he's usually right (obviously apart from this cause it was a joke) and he's by far the best British comedian.

So long story short, it was a joke don't take it seriously. :D
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Bridgend

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Comedian makes a joke and people don't believe it.. awkward.



It wasn't a joke. I've added the link above for clarity. And I object to Boyle being called a comedian when he's not funny.


It's okay mate not all of us can take jokes.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
User avatar
DandoCCFC
 
Posts: 13142
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Tredegar <O>

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Wow.

He also calls himself a social butterfly and expert traveller (in a serious manner). You also think he's both of those I suppose?! Hahaha
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Comedian makes a joke and people don't believe it.. awkward.



It wasn't a joke. I've added the link above for clarity. And I object to Boyle being called a comedian when he's not funny.


Fella, if that bothered don't look at his other material it's alot worse but funny. Bare in mind he's a comedian. When comedians are asked to do stuff like this they're paid to do it in a comedic way, hence why when he said Russia was democratic. He was blatantly joking.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Bridgend

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Wow.

He also calls himself a social butterfly and expert traveller (in a serious manner). You also think he's both of those I suppose?! Hahaha


Frankie could way he's English id think this guy would believe him. :lol:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird
 
Posts: 11263
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: Bridgend

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm

I have a sense of humour but don’t think Boyle is amusing! If said comment was meant ironically it would be followed by a punchline or juxtaposed with something like a picture of Putin. It wasn’t! I’m sure we are meant to think it’s funny just because he said it but when you understand his political affiliations I wouldn’t be so sure he didn’t mean it. Either way I didn’t mean for this to be such a hot topic and I’m sure we’d all much rather get back to talking about the football, and our two new signings, than the merits of a comedian!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Comedian makes a joke and people don't believe it.. awkward.



It wasn't a joke. I've added the link above for clarity. And I object to Boyle being called a comedian when he's not funny.


It's okay mate not all of us can take jokes.


Boyle clearly can’t deliver them if that was meant to be funny or ironic!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Flyingpostman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I have a sense of humour but don’t think Boyle is amusing! If said comment was meant ironically it would be followed by a punchline or juxtaposed with something like a picture of Putin. It wasn’t! I’m sure we are meant to think it’s funny just because he said it but when you understand his political affiliations I wouldn’t be so sure he didn’t mean it. Either way I didn’t mean for this to be such a hot topic and I’m sure we’d all much rather get back to talking about the football, and our two new signings, than the merits of a comedian!



:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Flyingpostman
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby stevee1966 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Here is the trailer where he says 'Russia is a beautiful democracy'. It is clearly not said with irony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fJSNL4tXc


Of course he's being ironic. Have you not seen Frankie Boyle before. He has a deadpan style of delivery. Just because he's not smiling and laughing as he speaks, doesn't mean he is not taking the piss.
stevee1966
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am

I can’t stand Frankie Boyle but I must say I agreed with him when he called Russia a ‘beautiful democracy’
Bluebird-in-Jackland
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby ThomasC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 am

I never watched mock the week or as I guess the play on word implys 'weak' . never found it funny
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am

ThomasC wrote:I never watched mock the week or as I guess the play on word implys 'weak' . never found it funny



how did you never find it funny if watched it? :?
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Frankie Boyle goes to Russia

Postby ThomasC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 am

paulh_85 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I never watched mock the week or as I guess the play on word implys 'weak' . never found it funny



how did you never find it funny if watched it? :?

lol :thumbup: got me, I must of done :clap:
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barry boy, bluesince62, Empty Bluebird, Google Adsense [Bot], mugsy, snoopystorm and 116 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.