Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Brom in for Woods?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 am

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... p-14770839

If the reported figure of 6m is correct then we have to be looking at him too surely?

Re: West Brom in for Woods?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am

Yes please for that price :thumbup:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 am

Woods and zohore with murphy and hoillet supplying would cause a lot of premier defences trouble

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 am

maltablue wrote:Woods and zohore with murphy and hoillet supplying would cause a lot of premier defences trouble

Can’t see Woods causing defences problems, he’s only scored 4 goals in his whole career. He’s more of a defensive player, from what I’ve seen.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

maltablue wrote:Woods and zohore with murphy and hoillet supplying would cause a lot of premier defences trouble

you got the wrong Woods, unless you know something nobody else does ?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am

I would be really disapointed if he was available for £6m and we didn't go for him!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Reminds me more of a Steve McPhail type of player who doesn't get loads of goals and assists but controls and dictates games and is very aggressive in the challenge. In all honesty he's been the heartbeat of that Brentford team for 2-3 years now and at 6m is a bargain.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 pm

I honestly think he could be a future 30 million pound player. I think he has everything and he would be so crucial to how we play.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Oops didn,t read full post thought it was woods Burnley soz :(

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Exactly the sort of player we should be looking at and at that price would be an absolute bargain.

Would surely be good enough to make the step up to the PL and if we did get relegated is a proven top quality Championship player.

Has to be worth a punt surely?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Totally agree. We need a player like him as well as a midfielder with experience in the Prem. He's a better player than Gunnars in a similar role.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I honestly think he could be a future 30 million pound player. I think he has everything and he would be so crucial to how we play.

Agree totally :thumbup:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm

Have been saying for ages we should sign him he is a brilliant midfielder. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Pay 6m and sign him up. Great player and fits mould of reasonable wages and top championship standard players which I like... Get him neil

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Agree with all of th above.

£6m is a bargain

Excellent player. Has run the show every time I’ve seen him play.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Agree with all of th above.

£6m is a bargain

Excellent player. Has run the show every time I’ve seen him play.

I remember seeing him for the first time during our pre season friendly against Shrewsbury a few seasons back. We had Whittingham, they had him: enough said! Ok it may only have been a friendly but Woods controlled everything. We looked second class against him. He was mesmerising and, in my opinion, has continued to develop superbly at Brentford. This would be a no brainer for me.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 pm

A terrific midfielder, great passer and toygh tackler to anchor our MF and ductate play. I think he ciykd step up to the prem. Exactly what we need. Looks like a NW player to me. I think George Saville at Millwall is another underrated player - and wouldn't cost the earth. He would be a goal threat. I hope we continue looking at the ‭championship as theres some value in the market here.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:A terrific midfielder, great passer and toygh tackler to anchor our MF and ductate play. I think he ciykd step up to the prem. Exactly what we need. Looks like a NW player to me. I think George Saville at Millwall is another underrated player - and wouldn't cost the earth. He would be a goal threat. I hope we continue looking at the ‭championship as theres some value in the market here.

Agree some fab players in championship. Saville worth a shout too