Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style


A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/11/norwich-fans-deliver-verdicts-as-josh-murphy-reportedly-nears-10/

Doesn't make good reading.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Very rare teams give glowing reports for leaving players.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Never pay attention to other teams forums when one of their players are leaving. I remember when we signed Mark Hudson and Anthony Gerrard and the Walsall fans were saying how great Gerrard was and how he was destined for the top and to one day be a Premier League player and the Charlton fans were saying how they were glad that Hudson had gone and how he was slow and couldn't defend and we would have to deal with him, and look how both those players future at our club ended up. Another example would be Sol Bamba who Leeds fans on their forum said would be good for 3 months, then we would see how bad he was, its been almost 2 years and in 72 games I can only remember him having 4-5 bad games. He's fast, direct, can use both feet and is only 23 and managed 9 goals in a Norwich team that couldn't score many goals. I personally think he's a good signing and managed more goals than Mendez-Laing so he will prove good competition.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Never pay attention to other teams forums when one of their players are leaving. I remember when we signed Mark Hudson and Anthony Gerrard and the Walsall fans were saying how great Gerrard was and how he was destined for the top and to one day be a Premier League player and the Charlton fans were saying how they were glad that Hudson had gone and how he was slow and couldn't defend and we would have to deal with him, and look how both those players future at our club ended up. Another example would be Sol Bamba who Leeds fans on their forum said would be good for 3 months, then we would see how bad he was, its been almost 2 years and in 72 games I can only remember him having 4-5 bad games. He's fast, direct, can use both feet and is only 23 and managed 9 goals in a Norwich team that couldn't score many goals. I personally think he's a good signing and managed more goals than Mendez-Laing so he will prove good competition.


Bang on the money mate.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:57 pm

An interesting article here.

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/stu ... t-norwich/

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm

This is the type of player that Warnock gets the best out of! He clearly has the ability but doesn't bring it out every game, Warnock's management will allow him to fulfil his potential and I think he'll be a great signing for us :bluescarf:

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Its nothing new, I wonder what Sheffield Wednesday fans thought if they read our forum after Morrison nearly went to the last summer.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 pm

I remember when Sunderland fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Fraizer Campbell.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Seen plenty of players look average at one club and then look great at another one. Different styles of football suit different types of players. Warnock will know what he wants and which players will fit into his brand of football. Horses for courses.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I remember when Sunderland fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Fraizer Campbell.


Strange example to give.

Re: Norwich fan views on Murphy

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I remember when Sunderland fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Fraizer Campbell.


Strange example to give.


Yup, He was like 5th choice striker at the time wasn't he!? :laughing5:
Post a reply