Zohore and Etheridge

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Zohore and Etheridge

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


I think both have the potential to do well but both have a chance to struggle as well. I don't think the need replacing but they need good competition. I would want someone pushing Etheridge preseason with the best keeper signing. Jonhstone without a doubt would be my choice. Striker is more difficult because they cost a fortune, may have to be a loan but we need someone pushing him or replacing him should he struggle. I have a feeling the way we will be even deeper and even more on the counter Zohore might do well.
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27405
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


This is incredibly harsh on Etheridge, please say what part of his game you feel let us down last season for you to decide he should be replaced as No.1.

By the way how can you judge their standing in the Prem when neither have yet kicked a ball in the premiership, a different game to the Championship one which either player may or may not excel in.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?



Etheridge is a very good keeper...totally dont get the wanting retreat to their line keepers tbh...
dogfound
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby nojac » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 pm

How would Salah fair if he had to chase and hassle defenders for 90 minutes . Then be expected to score from one or two half chances per game.
Also how would De gea fair, if his team had 30% possession and he had to face attack after attack .
I think Zahore and Etheridge done pretty well TBH , in those circumstances.
I think Zahore would score loads with Liverpool and Etheridge would have a loads of clean sheets with Man U . So really I'm quite happy with Zahore and Etheridge .
User avatar
nojac
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


This is incredibly harsh on Etheridge, please say what part of his game you feel let us down last season for you to decide he should be replaced as No.1.

By the way how can you judge their standing in the Prem when neither have yet kicked a ball in the premiership, a different game to the Championship one which either player may or may not excel in.



Good point's, I probably am being harsh on Etheridge especially, I can't really remember him doing too much wrong, although that was at championship level with the best defence in the League. We will soon see how good he is as he is, as he will be tested week in week out this season, a good keeper will get us an extra 10 points or more it is one of the most important positions on the pitch.

The keepers that came down were Ben Foster, Jack Butland, and Fabianski, from what I've seen, I wouldn't rate Etheridge as better than any of those?

I seem to be the only one that thinks like this so hopefully, I'm wrong!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


I think both have the potential to do well but both have a chance to struggle as well. I don't think the need replacing but they need good competition. I would want someone pushing Etheridge preseason with the best keeper signing. Jonhstone without a doubt would be my choice. Striker is more difficult because they cost a fortune, may have to be a loan but we need someone pushing him or replacing him should he struggle. I have a feeling the way we will be even deeper and even more on the counter Zohore might do well.


Agree - I'd try and get someone like Harry Wilson
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Etheridge is our number one - he’s more than earned it! Yeah I’d like to see us sign a “free” second keeper with maturity and Prem experience to challenge Etheridge. No way would I spend a penny on a keeper though. Goals win games so spending on goal scoring/ creative midfielders and a striker I could understand. Warnock suggesting he wants another winger only adds more suspicions I’ve the whole Hoilett debacle. If you are worried about clean sheets you might want to look at how many goals against us last season came from the oppositions left flank - we need a new right back imo.
FloridaBluebird
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



we do have Lee Camp who was being lorded by some { mostly those that want to pay millions for a keeper now } as being our number 1 once fit...3 poor games for Sunderland later and he has gone from potential hero to zero... :lol:
cant see much wrong with Etheridge myself other than people were way to quick to jump on him after the PNE game and are digging their heels in over it..
dogfound
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



we do have Lee Camp who was being lorded by some { mostly those that want to pay millions for a keeper now } as being our number 1 once fit...3 poor games for Sunderland later and he has gone from potential hero to zero... :lol:
cant see much wrong with Etheridge myself other than people were way to quick to jump on him after the PNE game and are digging their heels in over it..



I agree, I think he had a great season :thumbup:
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



we do have Lee Camp who was being lorded by some { mostly those that want to pay millions for a keeper now } as being our number 1 once fit...3 poor games for Sunderland later and he has gone from potential hero to zero... :lol:
cant see much wrong with Etheridge myself other than people were way to quick to jump on him after the PNE game and are digging their heels in over it..



I agree, I think he had a great season :thumbup:



same here...best/worse coment ive read is...i want to see more saves... :lol:
i dont want to see any i want our opponents to be in their own half and should they break ..miss.
dogfound
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:29 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



we do have Lee Camp who was being lorded by some { mostly those that want to pay millions for a keeper now } as being our number 1 once fit...3 poor games for Sunderland later and he has gone from potential hero to zero... :lol:
cant see much wrong with Etheridge myself other than people were way to quick to jump on him after the PNE game and are digging their heels in over it..



I agree, I think he had a great season :thumbup:



same here...best/worse coment ive read is...i want to see more saves... :lol:
i dont want to see any i want our opponents to be in their own half and should they break ..miss.


:lol: I felt sorry for him when he was dropped for the QPR away game, it was one of the away games I went to, looking back it was probably a masterstroke by Warnock took a bit of pressure off him so it wouldn't allow the boo boys to blame our poor run at his door.

I struggle with Murphy though, don't know what you think, read a few people say on here they think he would be a decent number 2, I wouldn't want him in goals for us in the Premiership if I'm honest.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Warnock will bring in a decent keeper and it'll keep them both on their toes.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby pontlliwblue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 pm

After de geas gaff tonight if prefer etheridge;)
pontlliwblue
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



Yes sorry, I didn't really make my point very clear, it was a spin off from a previous point and done in a rush.

I picked those two out as I believe they are the two most important positions in any team, and that any team should spend as much as they can on a Striker and keeper, followed closely by a top central midfielder to complement Ralls.

If you looked at Swansea for example, I think that it was only Sigurddson, Fabianski, and Llorente that kept the up the season before and that they were doomed when they sold Llorente and Sigurdsson, but Fabianski was still a good keeper and almost did enough to keep them up.

I believe if we are to stay up those are two key positions in which we need to strengthen.

As for Myhill, I think he's shite and nowhere near good enough.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?


That's a random post mate.

What made you single out them pair? You can do that with our whole squad, if you compare our entire best 11 to the rest of the Premier League they are ALL going to come out at the bottom, bar none.

Our entire squad is an unknown entity at this level.

In answer to your question, if it was me I would definitely use part of our budget to buy a proven goalscorer.

In terms of in Goals, I'd start with Etheridge but look to see if I could bring someone in on a free who wouldn't cost to much but had the experience, like Boaz Myhill



we do have Lee Camp who was being lorded by some { mostly those that want to pay millions for a keeper now } as being our number 1 once fit...3 poor games for Sunderland later and he has gone from potential hero to zero... :lol:
cant see much wrong with Etheridge myself other than people were way to quick to jump on him after the PNE game and are digging their heels in over it..



I agree, I think he had a great season :thumbup:



same here...best/worse coment ive read is...i want to see more saves... :lol:
i dont want to see any i want our opponents to be in their own half and should they break ..miss.


:lol: I felt sorry for him when he was dropped for the QPR away game, it was one of the away games I went to, looking back it was probably a masterstroke by Warnock took a bit of pressure off him so it wouldn't allow the boo boys to blame our poor run at his door.

I struggle with Murphy though, don't know what you think, read a few people say on here they think he would be a decent number 2, I wouldn't want him in goals for us in the Premiership if I'm honest.



not sure about Murphy either but i think its more to do with his career / lack of one in some respects than anything he has done wrong..Warnock certainly has some sort of faith in him { allowing Camp out on loan in the middle of a promotion battle }
dont get the Fabianski love in either..seen him make far more and far worse mistakes than Etheridge and his kicking { i know he didnt kick long much down the road but is what your expected to do here } is worse..
dogfound
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Bluebina » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:32 am

pontlliwblue wrote:After de geas gaff tonight if prefer etheridge;)



:laughing6: unbeliviable mistake from one of the best keepers in the World, but it highlighted why it's such an important position and can make up additional points over a season.

Ronaldo had an amazing game, but Spain would have won the game but for a mistake from De Gea, so two points lost due to an error from the keeper. Midfielders made loads if mistakes, but they are less likely to cost you points because they are in the middle of the park, and the team has time to cover for the error.

Spend as much as you can on a Striker and Keeper, they win games, and then fill weaknesses like Right back and central midfield.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Zohore and Etheridge

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:46 am

Bluebina wrote:if you could place them in the league, eg De Gea 1st, as he is best, Striker is difficult Either Aguero or maybe Salah if you count him as a Striker 1st.

Where would you place Zohore and Etheridge, because my view is you spend as much as possible in these two key positions!

Do you think we need a New Keeper as a number 1 and a New Striker ahead of Zohore?



Looks like a keeper in, would have preferred Fabianski, but we have to be sensible and he is a decent keeper, now a Striker, go and blow the budget on a striker like Mitrovic !!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bluebird04, bluebirdoct1962, dogfound, Google [Bot], hotwings, Majestic-12 [Bot], stephendavid, TheHangedMan, Tony Blue Williams, Trueblue49, twostep12 and 200 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.