Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Championship Club Nottingham Forest pay £13million for

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

13/06/18

Championship Club Nottingham Forest have agreed a club record fee in the region of £13m for Benfica midfielder Joao Carvalho, Sky Sports News understands.

The deal, subject to a medical, smashes Forest's transfer record of £6.2m for Britt Assombalonga.

Carvalho’s team-mate Diogo Goncalves is also expected to join Forest on a season-long loan.

Both players are represented by Jorge Mendes, who has worked closely in recent months with Wolves.

Both deals are expected to be completed by this weekend.

Re: Championship Club Nottingham Forest pay £13million for

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

There going the same way as Villa.

I thought the league were clamping down on overspending, maybe someone could shed some light on this.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 pm

LockStockAndBlueSmokingBarrels wrote:There going the same way as Villa.

I thought the league were clamping down on overspending, maybe someone could shed some light on this.

I agree. This agent seems to be very heavily involved again in deals that seem to push clubs very very close to breaching the FFP rules- Wolves last year- and there's usually some dubious loan agreement involved. The league needs to wake up and show some guts. (Forest did make a tidy profit on Assambalonga so they have some leeway here)

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 pm

They've obviously got money to burn.

If they want Tomlin they can have him for £10m :thumbup:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Mendes must be making an absolute fortune in agents fees from the likes of Wolves and Forest :o :o