NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 pm

' NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR LOAN PLAYERS '

Thursday 14th June 2018

As Neil Warnock has a small budget compared to most Premier League Clubs, Warnock has already asked for four loan players.

Although budgets are tight, Cardiff will continue to target players in the right "mould" and have already shelled out £14million so far this summer.

They have been linked with loan moves for West Ham United midfielder Robert Snodgrass and Liverpool's Marko Grujic, who spent part of last term with the Bluebirds.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We have made offers for three or four players on loan and we've got our eye on another two permanent deals," the veteran boss confirmed, with the identity of those players kept closely under wraps.

But Warnock confirmed which positions he is keen to strengthen, admitting he is happy with his defence after the arrival of Cunningham.

"I would like another wide player, striker and definitely a midfield player", he added. "Maybe two of them.

"My defence is my least concern to be honest. If I have to forego not signing a defender but instead get a player in midfield, I'd look at that. The defence has got us this far and I'm confident in those lads.

"We'll wait and see what comes off with the budget.

"Vincent doesn't mind me saying that our budget will be just over half of what Huddersfield's is, to give you some comparison.

"But that's not going to disappointment me. We've got a good groups of lads and I'm bringing in players to fit into that, I won't disrupt it or bring people who can't fit into the mould."

Warnock also admitted that players will leave the club this summer, though expects offers to arrive later in the window.

Lee Tomlin has been the main name linked with a move elsewhere but Warnock doesn't expect many imminent departures.

"There will be players (leaving) that haven't played much in the last season," Warnock added.

"I've got three or four in my mind and I've said to them 'come back [for] pre-season and let's see what happens'.

"I don't want them staying for the sake of the wages, I want to see if they're going to be involved.

"And if not we'll loan them out or transfer them."
Attachments
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-2-2.jpg
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-2-2.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 7726 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS '

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm

so, The important question is... how much are Huddersfield spending...?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:so, The important question is... how much are Huddersfield spending...?

i read it as meaning huddersfields last season, think they spent about 45m (but figures are always "reported" and rarely fact i guess)
paulh_85

Postby streamfeeder » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 pm

they spent just under 50 mill last season, imagine they will spend the same again this year as theres a lot more parachute payments if you survive one year in the prem, i think i read on here they made a profit last season so i would guess they will spend 60m and we have 30 mill in transfer fees, which if we are looking at two more permanants and three loans i dont think i will be a million miles away
streamfeeder

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:so, The important question is... how much are Huddersfield spending...?

i read it as meaning huddersfields last season, think they spent about 45m (but figures are always "reported" and rarely fact i guess)

Just checked and it was just over 51 mill.

So I guess we may get 30?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Re: NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Well we need at least 2 midfielders just to replace Grujic and Bryson to take us back where we were and not to mention Gunnerson. Im thinking we need at least 3 midfielders.
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well we need at least 2 midfielders just to replace Grujic and Bryson to take us back where we were and not to mention Gunnerson. Im thinking we need at least 3 midfielders.

as long as the two midfielders are first team players i think thatll do. Warnock assuming Gunners is staying there i imagine.
paulh_85

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm

On talk sport this morning he said our WAGES are about half of huddesfields. So, they may be twisting his words.
nubbsy

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Well we need at least 2 midfielders just to replace Grujic and Bryson to take us back where we were and not to mention Gunnerson. Im thinking we need at least 3 midfielders.

as long as the two midfielders are first team players i think thatll do. Warnock assuming Gunners is staying there i imagine.

Yeah your right but they have to be starters alongside Ralls .
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Yeah your right but they have to be starters alongside Ralls .

two new plus ralls with gunners, patterson and damour on the bench wouldnt be terrible.

the two would have to be good though!
paulh_85

Postby T1JMO » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Sounds like we might have a £25m-£30m budget...
T1JMO

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm

French player ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Slightly worrying artical and quotes for a few reasons:
1. The suggesting we have spent half if not more of our total budget on two players, that in my mind weren't priority positions to strengthen.

2. Defence.. Will have to disagree with NW here, I really can't see Pelts or Manga as adequate RB in the prem. Even last season teams targeted us and had success down that side.. To not sign a quality RB is very risky.

3. I get the whole play down expectations etc, it worked last year.. But must admit hearing how our budget is half that of anyone else at best in every interview is starting to feel a little defeatist.

Still early days though
langstoneBlue

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:On talk sport this morning he said our WAGES are about half of huddesfields. So, they may be twisting his words.

This is what Neil meant and has said the same thing previously. Nothing to do with transfer values, it’s just over half of Huddersfield’s salary budget which itself was the lowest in the PL last season.
Carpe Diem

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Slightly worrying artical and quotes for a few reasons:
1. The suggesting we have spent half if not more of our total budget on two players, that in my mind weren't priority positions to strengthen.

2. Defence.. Will have to disagree with NW here, I really can't see Pelts or Manga as adequate RB in the prem. Even last season teams targeted us and had success down that side.. To not sign a quality RB is very risky.

3. I get the whole play down expectations etc, it worked last year.. But must admit hearing how our budget is half that of anyone else at best in every interview is starting to feel a little defeatist.

Still early days though

I'm convinced it's just smokescreen talk. I'm sure Vinny is an astute enough businessman to understand you can't get away with anything under £50m in transfer fees, which in itself is a pittance. However the other route might be low or no fees but high wages for quality loan players. Either way the emphasis is on quality and experience and they don't come cheap. Nevertheless, if executed properly largesse abounds.
City Slicker

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Can we really afford to be without Etheridge when he’s over in Asia? With Cunningham we have two quality left sided defenders - but no addressing the right side?? Another winger wanted and a striker... what does that spell for Ward, Madine, Harris etc? We def need two midfielders not one - can’t believe we are resting our hopes on Gunnar’s- no offense, he will do well in WC running on national Pride, but over a long season he is injury prone, lacks a yard which in Prem is a YC and a gift of a free kick waiting to happen. I know Warnock reads the posts and will probably have a chuckle at “the know it all fans” but it’s common sense. We struggled with Pelts and Manga playing out of familiar position, we’ve lost Grujic, Bryson and showed what it was like upsetting the balance upon Gunnar’s return. What do you lot think?
FloridaBluebird

Postby Whistler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

don't be surprised if we bring in more than we expect, NW is very good at masking the truth on these matters, I would not be surprised to see us splash the cash up to £50-£60 M. :ayatollah:
Whistler

Postby maltablue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Just throwing this outthere if King Neil is reading how about converting Kadeem into a rightback saving money been done many times before with top men back to defense,look at ashley young for one.
Kads certainly has the pace to go up and down the flanks and he luvs a tackle come on Neil work your magic. :bluescarf:
maltablue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 pm

maltablue wrote:Just throwing this outthere if King Neil is reading how about converting Kadeem into a rightback saving money been done many times before with top men back to defense,look at ashley young for one.
Kads certainly has the pace to go up and down the flanks and he luvs a tackle come on Neil work your magic. :bluescarf:

Because he's rubbish.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby JakeBluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm

I think 25mil/30mil is a reasonable budget. Spent 14mil on 2 players.

Two loan players then 15 million to play with for a quality midfielder and striker.

Plus I believe that whatever fees we get for players, Tan would allow NW to use for any further additions he would like to make

I believe in NW and that come August we will have enough quality to stay up
JakeBluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

JakeBluebird wrote:I think 25mil/30mil is a reasonable budget. Spent 14mil on 2 players.

Two loan players then 15 million to play with for a quality midfielder and striker.

Plus I believe that whatever fees we get for players, Tan would allow NW to use for any further additions he would like to make

I believe in NW and that come August we will have enough quality to stay up

You wont get a quality striker and midfielder for 15 mill.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Definitely need:

1. A goalkeeper to compete with Etheridge pus replace him when he is ii the Asia Cup.
2. A right back. Peltier and Manga {as said above by someone} are not good enough. Richards is too injury prone.
3. Central midfielder. Even if Gunner stays we need someone better than him. Where is the creativity?
4. Striker. Goals win games. Zahore won't get enough.

Ideally also get another centre back as Connelly is not good enough cover plus unsure if the revered Bamba/Morrison combination with or without the haphazard Manga are going to be consistently good enough.

Plus a quality ball playing midfielder ie someone who can create and run with the ball and pass forwards, not sideways.

There is a lot for NW to do yet. Does he have the connections to compete with acquiring players in this league - he has got in 2 players from the league where he excels; maybe we need a step up in class?
Danny Says

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

I don't see why we really need a goalkeeper, I think that's the least of our worries.

This obsession with experience for goalkeepers is strange because it doesn't really guarantee you anything look at Joe Hart with West Ham and Stoke had Butland and West Brom with Foster, all excellent calibre of keepers and you can't put the blame all on them last 2 mentioned but they were at fault and made a couple of clangers in the season.

Marshall didn't have any experience and came out as probably our best player.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I don't see why we really need a goalkeeper, I think that's the least of our worries.

This obsession with experience for goalkeepers is strange because it doesn't really guarantee you anything look at Joe Hart with West Ham and Stoke had Butland and West Brom with Foster, all excellent calibre of keepers and you can't put the blame all on them last 2 mentioned but they were at fault and made a couple of clangers in the season.

Joe Hart is pants
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I don't see why we really need a goalkeeper, I think that's the least of our worries.

Joe Hart is pants

Bar 1 season with Birmingham and maybe 1 or 2 seasons with City he was the business but you know a flood of top clubs will be in for him based on 'experience'.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 pm

I think our total budget maybe a lot more than we think

It obvious Tan trusts Warnock not to waste money

Like everything coming out from the club it’s all low key and secretive (as it should be)

They will be a couple of surprises before the end of the window I have no doubt about that
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I think our total budget maybe a lot more than we think

It obvious Tan trusts Warnock not to waste money

Like everything coming out from the club it’s all low key and secretive (as it should be)

They will be a couple of surprises before the end of the window I have no doubt about that

I suppose the problem we have is that in May last year the club reported debts of £115m. That is bound to influence the amount Warnock has to spend, and he is probably being fairly truthful when he says we have a small budget compared to most PL teams. Would still hope it's not less than £30m, but I can't see it being much more than that. Running costs are going to be high, and I think he is going to have to be clever with getting players on loan when he is putting together a side that can hopefully compete at this level.
Steve Zodiak

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Warnock’s a Master at understating our spending and wages,last season we spent £12m and according to transfermarkt.com we were overall fifth in the Championship as we had little back in sales. I reckon Tan will give him a 50m budget to cover transfer fees,loan fees,agents fees,signing on fees etc plus anything we can get if we sell Tomlin,Pilks etc.
HarriRhys22

Postby pontlliwblue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 pm

No one has mentioned that Lee camp is back from Sunderland. From what I've read he didn't have a good time there but is nw thinking he is good enough as a back up
pontlliwblue

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:45 am

pontlliwblue wrote:No one has mentioned that Lee camp is back from Sunderland. From what I've read he didn't have a good time there but is nw thinking he is good enough as a back up

Two words...Premier League
FloridaBluebird

Next

Return to General Chat