Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: " Talks about Cardiff City's Fixtures "

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 pm

On the fixtures for the upcoming season, Neil Warnock highlighted a September period — in which his side face three 'big six' teams in successive games — as the nightmare spell in Cardiff's season.

Fixtures
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yet he is relishing the opening game of the season at Bournemouth and the challenge ahead.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"They're all tough really, but you look at the top six and you always think they're formidable," he said.

"Bournemouth have just bought a player we were looking at actually, but it was more than what our budget is.

"It will be tough. Bournemouth have done it as you want to do. They've got into the Premier League, they've invested very cleverly, Eddie (Howe) has done a great job and steadied the ship and they've gone from strength to strength.

"I'm looking forward to going and having a chat with him.

"And then Newcastle at home — we couldn't wish for a better home game. Josh Murphy against his twin (Jacob)! It will be a full house without a shadow of a doubt.

"And it'll be great to go to my old club Huddersfield before we start the September where it's 'look away!' — when you look at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.

"But that's what we're here for. If you'd said to our fans 12 months ago that in September we're going to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City they'd have thought we're in cuckoo land. But let's enjoy it, let's go.

"Crystal Palace on Boxing Day is a nice one for me, I've got a lot of mates up there and it will be bouncing up there at Christmas. It's always a good atmosphere.

"We're going to be underdogs everywhere we go but with the players I'm bringing in, I think we can give everyone a good run for their money.

"There are exciting times ahead. If the fans can be formidable, especially at home, then miracles can happen. We proved that last year."

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: " Talks about Cardiff City's Fixtures "

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Neil its safe to say myself and many others on this board hang on your every word, you're a cracking manager and an even better bloke, can't wait for the Cardiff City rollercoaster next season cause we're Cardiff and we don't do things the simple way :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

I wonder which player we were looking at that Bournemouth signed?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:59 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

It must be jefferson Lerma from levante they have bid 16 million for him. He's a defensive mid and can also play right back, 23 years old.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Gringo22 wrote:It must be jefferson Lerma from levante they have bid 16 million for him. He's a defensive mid and can also play right back, 23 years old.

From the little I’ve seen of him, he strikes me as a Claude Makelele type. He just breaks up play, wins the bill back, gives it simple and runs all day. I’m pleasantly surprised we are looking at players like him. He’s a good player and would have slotted in perfectly for us imo.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 pm

The Promised Land :bluebird: