Brilliant for the city of Cardiff

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Shows difference of premier league football just come off booking.com for a hotel on Saturday 1 September Arsenal home fixture and hotels selling out as your browsing
it's going to be a massive financial boost for the city with hotels bars shops etc benefiting
Pembroke bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Brilliant for the city of Cardiff

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Shows difference of premier league football just come off booking.com for a hotel on Saturday 1 September Arsenal home fixture and hotels selling out as your browsing
it's going to be a massive financial boost for the city with hotels bars shops etc benefiting

they need to do more really, and increase the number of hotel rooms in the city, not really doing themselves any favours in terms of tourism though i know this isnt anything to do with football :lol:

only got the champions league as a back hander when we really werent set up to host it.
paulh_85

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm

I may be wrong but not sure if its anything to do with the game. Arsenal only a shortish journey and chances are it could be moved anyway.
JJ1927

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Shows difference of premier league football just come off booking.com for a hotel on Saturday 1 September Arsenal home fixture and hotels selling out as your browsing

they need to do more really, and increase the number of hotel rooms in the city, not really doing themselves any favours in terms of tourism though i know this isnt anything to do with football :lol:

only got the champions league as a back hander when we really werent set up to host it.

not sure about this, i read an article a while back about how we had too many hotel rooms that remained empty the majority of the time, obviously for one off major events like the champions league final there will be a shortage. but for a premiership game id imagine we fair quite well compared to most cities..
dogfound

Postby davids » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm

How did Swansea manage when they've only got one hotel ((The Hotel Caravan) and that only sleeps four and a horse?
davids

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm

davids wrote:How did Swansea manage when they've only got one hotel ((The Hotel Caravan) and that only sleeps four and a horse?

well know fact Cardiff got Everything.
Bakedalasker

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:18 pm

what about married men with their mistresses? hope i'm not gonna see huge price hikes :oops: :banghead:
ThomasC

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:35 pm

There is also a show at millennium centre and that takes up lot bookings around city centre/bay I know as doing both if game stays on the Saturday of course? Otherwise its trip to cdf twice that wkend! :roll: :o
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
davids wrote:How did Swansea manage when they've only got one hotel ((The Hotel Caravan) and that only sleeps four and a horse?

well know fact Cardiff got Everything.

Visiting fans stayed in cardiff for the games then took armoured coach to swansea :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Having a bigger stadium if we stay in the Prem will benefit the city bigger away allocation for visitors.
BobbyBlue

Postby Dessy1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

not sure about this, i read an article a while back about how we had too many hotel rooms that remained empty the majority of the time, obviously for one off major events like the champions league final there will be a shortage. but for a premiership game id imagine we fair quite well compared to most cities..

We seemed to cope hosting play off finals and FA Cup finals so I concur
Dessy1927

Postby KWest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:57 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I may be wrong but not sure if its anything to do with the game. Arsenal only a shortish journey and chances are it could be moved anyway.

Think our game with them falls on weekend after one of their Europa League qualifiers, so will definitely be moved to the Sunday, I’d assume?
KWest

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:08 am

Won’t have anything to do with the arsenal game most of our games are certainly going to be moved a lot by the time the season starts due to Sky/BT and The European fixture schedule.

It’s very unlikely anybody is going to be booking hotel rooms yet with London only being about three hours away I can’t see people booking a hotel only for sky to move it to a Monday night.
Llan_Blue

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:11 am

That's a busy weekend in Cardiff anyway. Sunday 2nd sees both the Tour of Britain cycling opening stage finishing in Newport and the Cardiff 10k race in the morning. That will account for a few hotel bookings.
Gaynor Straight

Return to General Chat