Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OH OH! Hoillett problems

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 pm

phildavies wrote:Some of our fans are a disgrace. So quick to turn on players and acuse then of things even though they have no idea what is actually happening.

It’s been going on for months with gunnarsson and very few have spoken against it

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

We’re entitled to our opinion, doesn’t make us a disgrace

Let’s see what happens when he jumps ship, then the daggers will be out in force

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Very disappointing

Neil has looked out for Junior.

Junior is always on the road, looking for the next....

Both him and Gunnar desperate for a good World Cup to get a move.
Or
They will stay

We have to move on, don't want or need a cloud created.
Handling of this must suite the club and nothing else

We need all the hunger we can to stay in this division
:bluescarf:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Yes I agree Warnock has been brilliant in his career for Hoilett. Give the lad his due though, Hoilett got Warnock another promotion, was an intregal part. The future is up to him now. I won't be bitter just disappointed the club couldn't get him signed up

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

I doubt there are many City fans who would turn down a job that is offering them the most money, but I won’t lie and say I’m not disappointed if Hoillett is stringing is along for more money. Given the money in play, and the fact that we helped him revive his career, I’d have liked to think that he’d show a bit more loyalty and give us one more season. If we went down, I’m sure he’d have played well enough to secure a better paid contract elsewhere, so why not wait?

But he’s not doing what anyone else wouldn’t do, given the opportunity. I’d rather he decided right now though, so that we can look elsewhere if required, rather than keeping us waiting. We’ve shown with Murphy that we can get players in to replace him, but his trickery and tracking back will absolutely be missed if he goes.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Cant believe what Warnocks done for him and now this..if he's not sure that he wants to be here then it's best he goes...money and fame straight to the head again..thanks for the bluebird loyalty

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Can't blame him, if someone else has offered him better money I'd also ask for at least the same. Its a job at the end of the day.

Warnock may have been great for him but he has been great for warnock as well.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Wolfpac wrote:We’re entitled to our opinion, doesn’t make us a disgrace

Let’s see what happens when he jumps ship, then the daggers will be out in force

Your entitled to your opinions of course but anyone who is slaughtering him when they have ZERO idea of what is actually happening just shows how idiotic those people must be.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Maybe we have said he needs to be based in Wales as I beleive he still lives in London!!!!
Like the guy and the way he puts in a shift on the pitch. Better keep him rather than then replace himIMO :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

I had speculation of his commitment when he only signed a 12 month contract last year...says alot. At least it didn't show on the pitch.

Hopefully we don't loose him because with no fee we'd need to fork out 10m plus to get anywhere near his quality.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Loyalty rarely comes into football. Not many players have any real loyalty to the club they play for. There are the odd few, but for most it's a job, and they will naturally go wherever the money is. I doubt if there are many posters who would turn down a big pay increase because they felt they owed something to their present employer. Players like Whittingham are the exception, most will chase the cash which usually means they will end up at a bigger club anyway.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Shame but life goes on.
The club do need to sort it out before end of june tho.
Think both will move on unfortunately.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm

I doubt this is purely about more money. I suspect it’s more to do with a relegation clause (e.g. pay cut) or even something triggering if we stay up. I hope he stays with us :bluebird:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Can't blame him, if someone else has offered him better money I'd also ask for at least the same. Its a job at the end of the day.

he was a major part of our promotion and nobody knows what is or has happened....who knows maybe we have given Murphy double what we have offered him..?
but negotiating the best contract for yourself has zero to do with loyalty....slagging your best players off for no good reason and without knowing any facts has everything to do with loyalty though..

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Hope he stays think he would be even better in the prem for us.
Football as a hole has gone nuts where money is concerned its pathetic.
I think he will stay if not good luck to him.
I no Morrison and Bennett turned down more money to stay here but that just didn't happen much these days .
Hope he stays here

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Can't blame him, if someone else has offered him better money I'd also ask for at least the same. Its a job at the end of the day.

he was a major part of our promotion and nobody knows what is or has happened....who knows maybe we have given Murphy double what we have offered him..?
but negotiating the best contract for yourself has zero to do with loyalty....slagging your best players off for no good reason and without knowing any facts has everything to do with loyalty though..

Very true, I hate it when people say if he doesn't want to be here blah blah blah. As if life is that easy. If I was him I'd be considering every option.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

But we do know exactly what is happening he has been offered a new contract and is refusing to sign it. If anyone thinks it is for some other reason than more money they are deluding themselves. Personally I think he will sign for us because no one better than us will come in for him because he is only just premier league quality. One of those players who will be very good in the championship but pretty average in the premier.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Crayfish wrote:But we do know exactly what is happening he has been offered a new contract and is refusing to sign it. If anyone thinks it is for some other reason than more money they are deluding themselves. Personally I think he will sign for us because no one better than us will come in for him because he is only just premier league quality. One of those players who will be very good in the championship but pretty average in the premier.

Would you do the same? I would.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Crayfish wrote:But we do know exactly what is happening he has been offered a new contract and is refusing to sign it. If anyone thinks it is for some other reason than more money they are deluding themselves. Personally I think he will sign for us because no one better than us will come in for him because he is only just premier league quality. One of those players who will be very good in the championship but pretty average in the premier.

Would you do the same? I would.

There literally wont be any honourable people left in this world soon. It's all money money money

Bloody hell I'm getting all judgemental in my old age.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm

If he does leave us for the money then his new celebration can be similar to the one he does atm with the baby but instead of flicking his hand he can pretend he’s flicking a wad of cash

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 pm

I’m still hopeful he’ll stay. If not, i wish him well, and we’ll all move on. There is nothing bigger than the club, so its all good. Dont forget how Hoilett’s goals and assists got us to the promised land lads! Whatever happens, with Neil at the helm, its only up from here.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Nice lad, suppose he has to get the best he thinks.

Played well throughout the time he's been with us and appears an honest fella.

He still doesn't come anywhere near Peter Whittingham however I hope he decides to stay and give it a go with us.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Simple, greedy b*stard. Nice player and I personally wish he would stay but as always, the individual shouldn't be allowed to rock the collective boat. If he's not keen we move on and we get better. I wish him all the best

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 pm

He is definitely staying as the ITK fans told us so.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Wow I can't believe some comments about junior. He has been utter class for us and crucial to our promotion. He was a free transfer and owes Us nothing. I thi k he deserves a new contract on increased wages. If. However China mls or someone comes and offers 50k per week. Can u honestly not blame him? I'm a city fan and if city offered me 25k per week but mls offer double I know what I would do for my family.

I think he will stay anyway but let's show some respect I until any decision is made.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:50 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
phildavies wrote:Some of our fans are a disgrace. So quick to turn on players and acuse then of things even though they have no idea what is actually happening.

It’s been going on for months with gunnarsson and very few have spoken against it

Spoken against what? Player loyalty? Sure, servants of the club etc. But when it really matters? Neither Hoilett nor Gunnar will find them self above City premier level, and they know we are pressed on budget. If they won’t commit, then ffuck them. Simple.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am

f**k me let’s hope he don’t need read this or he will Be off..he’s entitled to negotiate with us surely for the best deal For himself surely without us all jumping on his back and abusing him.. whether he stays or goes I will forever be indebted to him for what he’s done for us... madness on here at times and Maybe Murphy is his replacement if he’s off elsewhere :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 am

Obviously all comes down to “principles” and idiotic agents who no nothing about the sport, about loyalty or about Juniors own WORD “got a pen I’ll sign now” an entire Capital City whitnessed this... principles means money imo. I can understand players wanting the best deal, but facts remain Cardiff we’re 33/1 to earn promotion - if we had stayed in Championship I’m sure the contract being offered now would have been signed. The politics and games being played with agents is rediculous! Thank god Warnock rates Murphy so highly...

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:12 am

GummiTheBluebird wrote:f**k me let’s hope he don’t need read this or he will Be off..he’s entitled to negotiate with us surely for the best deal For himself surely without us all jumping on his back and abusing him.. whether he stays or goes I will forever be indebted to him for what he’s done for us... madness on here at times and Maybe Murphy is his replacement if he’s off elsewhere :ayatollah:

Glad we have some other sensible city fans out there. Spot on if junior goes I will wish him good luck via twitter with thanks of what he did to get us in the premiership.... I still think he is staying

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am

boyo1927 wrote:
GummiTheBluebird wrote:f**k me let’s hope he don’t need read this or he will Be off..he’s entitled to negotiate with us surely for the best deal For himself surely without us all jumping on his back and abusing him.. whether he stays or goes I will forever be indebted to him for what he’s done for us... madness on here at times and Maybe Murphy is his replacement if he’s off elsewhere :ayatollah:

Glad we have some other sensible city fans out there. Spot on if junior goes I will wish him good luck via twitter with thanks of what he did to get us in the premiership.... I still think he is staying[/q

Two sides to every story, and Choo has used the words "holding a gun to the club's head", which suggests Hoillett (or his agent) and the club are not on the same wavelength at the moment. I doubt if Hoillett will be off because of comments made by a few people on a fan's forum. He is no different to 99.9% of players in this game. He has no links to Cardiff other than the fact that they are his employers, and will ultimately do what suits him best. As I said in a previous post, most of us would move jobs if the result was a big increase in salary.