Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OH OH! Hoillett problems

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
phildavies wrote:Some of our fans are a disgrace. So quick to turn on players and acuse then of things even though they have no idea what is actually happening.

It’s been going on for months with gunnarsson and very few have spoken against it

Spoken against what? Player loyalty? Sure, servants of the club etc. But when it really matters? Neither Hoilett nor Gunnar will find them self above City premier level, and they know we are pressed on budget. If they won’t commit, then ffuck them. Simple.

not sure why every set of fans think their club is different, these players arent any more special or loyal just because they play for our team, they are out for the best for themselves, weather thats money or opportunities or both.

Gunnarsson was at least open about wanting to consider options at the end of the season, and it leads to fans with short term memories claiming he wasnt that good anyway.... meanwhile hoilett (who also avoided a lot of the stick given to madine for the wolves game by the way, in which most should have been directed towards him!) also hasnt signed, and appears to be doing nothing worse than what Gunners did, yet very few people seemed to care until yesterday

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:39 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
dogfound wrote:had an absolutely fantastic season for us. and like all players is entitled to negotiate contracts....

what a bunch of OTT pathetic coments.

There's nowt wrong with negotiations however when you're a big time Charlie and do this from club to club, its a bit of a piss take mate.

On your bike Junior, we don't want a deserter in the camp

did as much as any player in turning around our fortunes...
you dont know what offer has been made or why he hasnt signed...
and no its not a piss take to take time and negotiate a deal your happy with.
does he want mega bucks..? is he a big time charlie..? or a dickhead and deserter..?
unreal

Absolutely agree with this but isn’t it typical of so many on this forum that when something happens all the hate, naive and ridiculous comments come out?
Nobody on here knows what’s going on and what offers and discussions are taking place but assume the worst and start their inane comments. At least give the guy a chance first.

That’s a great post, very well said and exactly my sentiments. Give the guy a break as none of us know what the problems are or even if there is a problem. Don’t condemn Hoilett before we know the facts. I want and hope he stays :thumbup:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

Its just bollocks over clauses i imagine. Pretty sure City have offered a good wage, but if we go down they want to add on a say 50% relagation wage drop clause and Hoilet prob thinking fk that, how aboue 10% drop?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:39 am

After reading this thread you couldn't make a better case for age restricted access. :lol:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am

2blue2handle wrote:Can't blame him, if someone else has offered him better money I'd also ask for at least the same. Its a job at the end of the day.

Warnock may have been great for him but he has been great for warnock as well.

Yeah I think people fail to realise that its a job at the end of the day . If he wants to leave let him go , prefer to have people who are hungry to play for us than mercenary types .

Agent is probably in his ear telling him he can negotiate a better deal .

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:22 am

Juventus Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
dogfound wrote:had an absolutely fantastic season for us. and like all players is entitled to negotiate contracts....

There's nowt wrong with negotiations however when you're a big time Charlie and do this from club to club, its a bit of a piss take mate.

On your bike Junior, we don't want a deserter in the camp

did as much as any player in turning around our fortunes...
you dont know what offer has been made or why he hasnt signed...
and no its not a piss take to take time and negotiate a deal your happy with.
does he want mega bucks..? is he a big time charlie..? or a dickhead and deserter..?
unreal

Absolutely agree with this but isn’t it typical of so many on this forum that when something happens all the hate, naive and ridiculous comments come out?
Nobody on here knows what’s going on and what offers and discussions are taking place but assume the worst and start their inane comments. At least give the guy a chance first.

That’s a great post, very well said and exactly my sentiments. Give the guy a break as none of us know what the problems are or even if there is a problem. Don’t condemn Hoilett before we know the facts. I want and hope he stays :thumbup:

Thanks and your line about not condemning him before we know the facts is spot on.
Some posters on here just attack when they know nothing. It’s a sign of a limited mentality and intelligence I guess.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:25 am

Football is a uniquely odd business.

I work in an office and if I was offered a job elsewhere would my potential new employer be expected to pay a transfer fee to my old employer?

Or if I wanted to hand my notice in would I have to pay a massive fee to pay off my contract?

These players are people with families, responsibilities and personal preferences. We seem to be treating them like possessions or property.

I understand he earns a shed load of cash, but we're only talking about the top 0.1%. It's the same throughout all of football - players earning 20k a year at Scunthorpe are in the same boat.

He owes us nothing and we know nothing about the situation that's going on.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

dadmancat wrote:Football is a uniquely odd business.

I work in an office and if I was offered a job elsewhere would my potential new employer be expected to pay a transfer fee to my old employer?

Or if I wanted to hand my notice in would I have to pay a massive fee to pay off my contract?

These players are people with families, responsibilities and personal preferences. We seem to be treating them like possessions or property.

I understand he earns a shed load of cash, but we're only talking about the top 0.1%. It's the same throughout all of football - players earning 20k a year at Scunthorpe are in the same boat.

You are correct in saying that football is a unique business. But Premier League players and (Championship players) owe their fabulous wealth to the blind loyalty of the football fans. And many if not the majority show very little loyalty back.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 am

JJ1927 wrote:
dadmancat wrote:Football is a uniquely odd business.

You are correct in saying that football is a unique business. But Premier League players and (Championship players) owe their fabulous wealth to the blind loyalty of the football fans. And many if not the majority show very little loyalty back.

I get my coffee in Cafe Nero every day and the barista gets paid because I and other do so. He doesn't owe me a debt of gratitude or any loyalty.

It's irrelevant that these footballers earn more money - it's simple supply and demand. We're prepared to pay that much for a player because there aren't that many with those skills and if we don't someone else will.

It's not a money thing, it's a weird football thing. As I said before supporters from clubs where players earn less than you have the same strange opinions.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:51 am

dadmancat wrote:I get my coffee in Cafe Nero every day and the barista gets paid because I and other do so. He doesn't owe me a debt of gratitude or any loyalty.

It's irrelevant that these footballers earn more money - it's simple supply and demand. We're prepared to pay that much for a player because there aren't that many with those skills and if we don't someone else will.

It's not a money thing, it's a weird football thing. As I said before supporters from clubs where players earn less than you have the same strange opinions.

Poor examples.

It's totally unacceptable to compare a person that could well be earning, IN A WEEK, what a Barista may earn in over a year.

It is totally a money thing with football not aware how the other half (or 90%) live.

Not blaming the players though, as you said it's supply and demand with them just pressing for a rise like anyone in society. It's the game as a whole that is, well, just wrong.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

Surely if anyone it's Warnock that Hoillett owes something to. But then again Warnock has been around the game long enough to know these things aren't personal.
It's only us fans that feel slighted by such things.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:30 am

Wayne S wrote:
dadmancat wrote:I get my coffee in Cafe Nero every day and the barista gets paid because I and other do so. He doesn't owe me a debt of gratitude or any loyalty.

Poor examples.

It's totally unacceptable to compare a person that could well be earning, IN A WEEK, what a Barista may earn in over a year.

It is totally a money thing with football not aware how the other half (or 90%) live.

Not blaming the players though, as you said it's supply and demand with them just pressing for a rise like anyone in society. It's the game as a whole that is, well, just wrong.

Totally correct! If the guy thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere then it's his prerogative to leave if he's out of contract. Many may believe otherwise but I personally think he owes Warnock a debt of loyalty. Very good player for us but if money is his motivation then I think we can find a replacement elsewhere. We should stick to our guns. If you give in to one you can suddenly get a free fall out of control.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

The annoying thing about Hoilett is not whether he leaves us or stays but that he has not made any decision either way. If he has a better offer than he should just tell Warnock he is leaving and stop pissing about so Warnock can plan for the future without him. That is what is annoying people his indecision is harming the club by not allowing the manager to plan for the future.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Karen.
You never liked Hoillet. He has been brilliant for us in our promotion season. Perhaps you should be back in the kitchen and doing the washing up because you obviously know nothing about football.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Poor examples.

Totally correct! If the guy thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere then it's his prerogative to leave if he's out of contract. Many may believe otherwise but I personally think he owes Warnock a debt of loyalty. Very good player for us but if money is his motivation then I think we can find a replacement elsewhere. We should stick to our guns. If you give in to one you can suddenly get a free fall out of control.

Spot on.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Crayfish wrote:The annoying thing about Hoilett is not whether he leaves us or stays but that he has not made any decision either way. If he has a better offer than he should just tell Warnock he is leaving and stop pissing about so Warnock can plan for the future without him. That is what is annoying people his indecision is harming the club by not allowing the manager to plan for the future.

On the flip side nothing stopping the club withdrawing their offer and moving on. At the end of the day Hoilett is in a great position, a free agent who can no doubt get a good signing on fee and a decent wage. To replace him is going to cost a good sum of money. I don't think considering his options is 'pissing about' if I was him I would do exactly the same if I didn't feel what they offered was up to it.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

I want him to stay but I do feel his performances got worse near the end of the season. Also isn't he nearly 29(not many wingers carry on playing their best over 30) so can't blame him for trying to maximize his final pay day

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Its been long enough now - a player by now should know if they are staying or leaving. i think if he's staying he should sign within the next week really. If he doesn't like what we are offering and the contract won't budge then just needs to go and look elsewheRe see can focus on who we are bring in.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm

trotskie wrote:I want him to stay but I do feel his performances got worse near the end of the season. Also isn't he nearly 29(not many wingers carry on playing their best over 30) so can't blame him for trying to maximize his final pay day

At 29 maybe he should call himself Senior Hoilett! Has he any Spanish blood?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:20 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Poor examples.

Agreed :thumbup:

Hoilett and Gunner can't be too greedy, Warnock will look elsewhere.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:19 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Poor examples.

way too many assumptions..maybe its money..maybe its length of contract..maybe something else...
maybe his debt of loyalty is fully paid up with interest by him agreeing to come here { everyone seems to think it was his only option yet everyone was excited and buzzing when he signed } ..
and maybe if you and i both knew what he has been offered in comparison to others including the new players ..maybe youd think its junior is rightfully sticking to his guns {assuming it is cash } and the club needs to sort it out..

as for finding replacements.....ive read this many times re both Gunner and Junior...its sounds much easier than it is..
on paper its simple in reality finding players that fit ,that are effective and give value for money is much more difficult..eg..
over the last 2 seasons we have signed 24 players plus many loanees ...tomlin , lambert, huws,immers , camp , Amos .. etc etc..many on very good money...
out of all of them its Junior Hoilett thats made the most appearances though..i could write a list of least value for moneyy players since ive been watching..Junior wouldnt make the top 500..he OWES us nothing..

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Apparently he's thinking of going to stoke...... Wow

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Looks like he is off to Stoke, got to be about the money then

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Poor examples.

way too many assumptions..maybe its money..maybe its length of contract..maybe something else...
maybe his debt of loyalty is fully paid up with interest by him agreeing to come here { everyone seems to think it was his only option yet everyone was excited and buzzing when he signed } ..
and maybe if you and i both knew what he has been offered in comparison to others including the new players ..maybe youd think its junior is rightfully sticking to his guns {assuming it is cash } and the club needs to sort it out..

as for finding replacements.....ive read this many times re both Gunner and Junior...its sounds much easier than it is..
on paper its simple in reality finding players that fit ,that are effective and give value for money is much more difficult..eg..
over the last 2 seasons we have signed 24 players plus many loanees ...tomlin , lambert, huws,immers , camp , Amos .. etc etc..many on very good money...
out of all of them its Junior Hoilett thats made the most appearances though..i could write a list of least value for moneyy players since ive been watching..Junior wouldnt make the top 500..he OWES us nothing..

Have to agree with this and would like to add that a footballers working life is short and if he keeps fit he might have another 5 or 6 seasons at a decent level.On the flip side of the coin you have a player like Greg Halford who I know very little about really but I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shite he'll have to make a career after his playing days have finished.Probably regarded as a decent pro by his peers I wouldn't mind betting he's never managed to land a big contract.This idea that Hoilett owes us anything is only perpetuated people who need a checkup from the neckup.Hardly a Rickie Lambert is he.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Time for the club to move on, withdraw the contract offer and look at others.
Shame but better to get this done sooner rather than later and let it fester the relationship with other players and fans

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm a Cardiff City fan Cardiff is my club and my priority I don't give a rats ass about short playing careers etc when the reality is these guys earn more in a week than some fans do in a year.

As said my priority is the club not the player if he's going to dither withdraw the offer and move on asap to prepare for the forthcoming season.

If he stays great if he goes well that's football.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:I'm a Cardiff City fan Cardiff is my club and my priority I don't give a rats ass about short playing careers etc when the reality is these guys earn more in a week than some fans do in a year.

As said my priority is the club not the player if he's going to dither withdraw the offer and move on asap to prepare for the forthcoming season.

If he stays great if he goes well that's football.

Spot on.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Poor examples.

What do you think then brainbox, if it's not money in some shape of form what do you think it is? Perhaps he wants to be able to read out the pre-match announcements?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm

He’s also got a track record of chasing the cash.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:34 pm

I totally agree.

Loyalty is a myth players are professionals and cut the best deals they can get. If we have offered JH the best contract we can and he thinks he can get better elsewhere then it's goodbye and good luck.