Best non qualified XI

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best non qualified XI

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 am

Can’t sleep so thought I’d pick my best 11 from non qualified teams at the world cup( in fact I picked two teams). Anyway here’s mine post your below

First choice 11

GK- Oblak(Slovenia)

RB- Valencia(Ecuador)
CB- Chellini(Italy)
CB- Bonucci(Italy)
LB- Alaba(Austria)

CM- Vidal(Chile)
CM- Veratti(Italy)

LW- Bale(Wales)
CAM- Hamsik(Slovakia)
RW- Sanchez(Chile)

ST- Dzeko(Bosnia)

Second choice 11

GK- Buffon(Italy)

RB- Ghoulam(Algeria)
CB- Van Dijk(Netherlands)
CB- Papastathopoulos(Greece)
LB- Hysaj(Albania)

CM- Kieta(Guinea)
CM- Pjanic(Bosnia)

LW- Robben(Netherlands)
CAM- Pulisic(USA)
RW- Mahrez(Algeria)

ST-Aubameyang(Gabon)

A squad like that more than capable of winning it :ayatollah:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Best non qualified XI

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Best non qualified XI

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:51 am

No coincidence that most of those players are European. With the qualifying skewed in such a way so that teams like Saudi are at the world cup, lots of the world's best players will always be missing from the biggest stage.

Just an argument, and not sure which side I'm on, but is it fair? Should the World Cup literally be the top 32 ranked teams?

Although even then some of the world best players will miss out too. But not as many.

Sorry for hijacking your team thread. Both awesome by the way.
jimmy_rat

Re: Best non qualified XI

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:56 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:No coincidence that most of those players are European. With the qualifying skewed in such a way so that teams like Saudi are at the world cup, lots of the world's best players will always be missing from the biggest stage.

Just an argument, and not sure which side I'm on, but is it fair? Should the World Cup literally be the top 32 ranked teams?

Although even then some of the world best players will miss out too. But not as many.

Sorry for hijacking your team thread. Both awesome by the way.

Also lots of pretty average/crap European teams have qualified too. South America certainly deserves at least one if not 2 more Spaces. Anyway it’s going up to 48 from 2026 so more spaces for everyone.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Return to General Chat