A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Us and Derby in for Robert Huth

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Other than a fully fit Kompany, wouldn't swap Bamba for any defender in the PL.

:lol:

You shouldn’t laugh at people who are less fortunate then yourself

I'd swap him for a lot of PL defenders. Problem is he would'nt get into many of the established PL teams. I think anyone who rates him as the second best defender behind Kompany in the PL really has their biggest pair of blue tinted glasses on. At 33 years old, I would have thought if he was that good he would have been snapped up by a PL club a long time ago.

If it was a biased opinion, I would be claiming Morrison is the 3rd best, Manga is the 4th and Zohore is the new Drogba. But I'm not, I just genuinely believe it about Bamba. I think Warnock said something similar about not swapping him or Morrison last season, and I think he's in a good position to judge.

I take your point about him being snapped up but I watch every Cardiff game and a lot of football, so I can only judge on what I see personally.

He has been a good defender for us without doubt, but being good at Championship level is completely different to what he is about to face next season. I am sure PL clubs will have had a look at him in the past, and as I say, at his age he is not likely to impress the bigger clubs any more than he has done in the past. I hope he does well for us, but I have a feeling he may find the better strikers at this level a bit too much for him. I think at the moment we are a PL side full of Championship quality players. I just hope that our team spirit and willingness to give 100% to the cause (plus hopefully a few quality signings) will be enough to keep us out of the bottom three. I am going to enjoy it whatever, never seen us play in the top division before as I missed out last time.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:38 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Fortunately I know it's "than" yourself.

Glad your good at something because your judgement of footballers is diabolical

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Fortunately I know it's "than" yourself.

Glad your good at something because your judgement of footballers is diabolical

It's "you're" good.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'd swap him for a lot of PL defenders. Problem is he would'nt get into many of the established PL teams. I think anyone who rates him as the second best defender behind Kompany in the PL really has their biggest pair of blue tinted glasses on. At 33 years old, I would have thought if he was that good he would have been snapped up by a PL club a long time ago.

If it was a biased opinion, I would be claiming Morrison is the 3rd best, Manga is the 4th and Zohore is the new Drogba. But I'm not, I just genuinely believe it about Bamba. I think Warnock said something similar about not swapping him or Morrison last season, and I think he's in a good position to judge.

I take your point about him being snapped up but I watch every Cardiff game and a lot of football, so I can only judge on what I see personally.

He has been a good defender for us without doubt, but being good at Championship level is completely different to what he is about to face next season. I am sure PL clubs will have had a look at him in the past, and as I say, at his age he is not likely to impress the bigger clubs any more than he has done in the past. I hope he does well for us, but I have a feeling he may find the better strikers at this level a bit too much for him. I think at the moment we are a PL side full of Championship quality players. I just hope that our team spirit and willingness to give 100% to the cause (plus hopefully a few quality signings) will be enough to keep us out of the bottom three. I am going to enjoy it whatever, never seen us play in the top division before as I missed out last time.

Whilst I disagree with a lot of that, I can appreciate an objective post unlike some on this thread.

I genuinely Bamba is good enough, particularly when you look at some of the awful centre-backs in mid-table teams around the Premier League at the moment. If we went into next season with this team, with just 2 new quality centre-midfielders to compete with Ralls, and the same work-rate and spirit, I'd be happy.

I guess time will tell.

Re: Neil Warnock must rival Derby boss Frank Lampard to brin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:33 pm

How can you talk about objectivity then claim bamba is the best centre back in the premier league?

Which is what you essentially said, because we haven’t seen a fit Kompany for 4 or 5 seasons

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:41 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:bamba had moments where he looked calamitous in the championship. there will be times he looks completely out of his depth next season. I do think we need a CB, and a one year deal for Huth isnt a bad shout

Oh behave, he is the best defender this club has had in the last 30 years at least, and anyone with half a football brain can see that.

I think he had one bad game, Preston away, where Hugill got the better of him.

But please name just one "calamatous" moment of his and prove me wrong.

Anyway Warnock can see how good he is and that's all that matters, luckily.

I'm a Bamba fan but best defender we've had in 30 years??? Really? Not Hudson, Morrison,Gabbidon, Collins? all I'd say better defenders just off the top of my head.
Also he's had plenty of calamitous moments but it's just part of the way he plays.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:52 pm

I can't believe some of the Bamba knocking.
He for me was close for player of the season. He made couple of slip ups (as does every player). But regardless of that. He was partnership to the best defence in the league.

I can take people preferring Morrison. I get that. But it depends what type of defender you want. Ball playing or a limited center back. They are both great at what they do.

And like someone else said. I wouldn't swap either of them or anyone. Simply because they have such a great partnership that you risk breaking.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I can't believe some of the Bamba knocking.
He for me was close for player of the season. He made couple of slip ups (as does every player). But regardless of that. He was partnership to the best defence in the league.

I can take people preferring Morrison. I get that. But it depends what type of defender you want. Ball playing or a limited center back. They are both great at what they do.

And like someone else said. I wouldn't swap either of them or anyone. Simply because they have such a great partnership that you risk breaking.

I don't think many on here are actually knocking him. Most posters are agreeing he has been a good player for us. I think where opinions differ are about him being the best defender in the PL (or about to be). However highly anyone rates Bamba, I think rating him as the best in the PL is going ever so slightly over the top.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Garbage paper talk

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Let Lampard have him,Huth is passed his best and we are well covered at centre back!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 pm

For me the problem we had last time we went up was the woeful experience in defence we had playing in week in week out, this is the type of player we need like said above on a 1 year deal.. he's a character and played alongside Wes Morgan in a team that was champions.. say what you want about him but to do what he done in that Leicester team deserves a lot more credit.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:40 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I can't believe some of the Bamba knocking.

Who's knocking him?

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:41 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Having heard the gaffer saying he's well happy with the number of defenders he's got I would say this was garbage.

Agreed we don't want or need that kind of signing.