Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock must rival Derby boss Frank Lampard to bring in

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 am

Neil Warnock must rival Derby boss Frank Lampard to bring Premier League winner Robert Huth to Cardiff

Reports are suggesting tug of war between us and Derby, not particulary thrilled, yes he's experienced but hes 33, his pace is way off and I think we have solid CB's, maybe as a squad player tho.

UPDATED :bluebird:

Neil Warnock must rival Derby boss Frank Lampard to bring Premier League winner Robert Huth to Cardiff

HITC

Friday 15th June 2018

Derby County are being linked with a move for Robert Huth and Neil Warnock would be missing a trick not bringing the huge German to Cardiff City.

Warnock Lampard

Derby boss Frank Lampard has been linked with a move for Huth but Warnock could pull off a major coup by luring the former Chelsea man to Cardiff.

According to the Daily Mail, the Rams are one of several clubs interested in Huth, who would add much-needed Premier League experience to the Cardiff squad with three titles on his CV.

Huth is available on a free transfer this summer after being released by Leicester City, where he played a major part in the club's fairtytile title win.

Robert Huth of Leicester City looks on during the Premier League match between Leicester City and West Ham United at The King Power Stadium on December 31, 2016 in Leicester, England.

The 33-year-old is an archetypal Neil Warnock player and fits the profile of player Cardiff would realistically be able to attract for their return to the big time.

Huth would be a great capture for Derby, but luring him to Wales could be Warnock's first step towards an uphill battle to secure safety next season.

Huth has made more than 400 appearances in English football, during stints with the likes of Chelsea and Stoke.

Robert Huth of Leicester City poses with the Premier League Trophy as players and staffs celebrate the season champions after the Barclays Premier League match between Leicester City and...

Warnock's sides are physical and heavily drilled when it comes to set-pieces, something Huth is used to from his time under Tony Pulis at Stoke.

Derby are a big club, though, and the lure of playing for his former Chelsea teammate, albeit in the Championship, may appeal to the 6ft3 centre back.

Cardiff are favourites to go straight back down to the Championship while Derby will be expected to challenge for promotion so it could come down to what kind of season the player wants to have as the clock ticks down on his career.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Us and Derby in for Robert Huth

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 am

Agree son

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

bamba had moments where he looked calamitous in the championship. there will be times he looks completely out of his depth next season. I do think we need a CB, and a one year deal for Huth isnt a bad shout

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 am

I think Cunningham may be used as a left of a back 3....i always liked Huth..but if we are going for another. CH..I would prefer
someone with pace at the back

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am

Having heard the gaffer saying he's well happy with the number of defenders he's got I would say this was garbage.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:bamba had moments where he looked calamitous in the championship. there will be times he looks completely out of his depth next season. I do think we need a CB, and a one year deal for Huth isnt a bad shout

Got to agree.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Having heard the gaffer saying he's well happy with the number of defenders he's got I would say this was garbage.

Definitely

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:10 am

I wonder if Warnock is considering utilising Bamba in front of the back four?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

paulh_85 wrote:bamba had moments where he looked calamitous in the championship. there will be times he looks completely out of his depth next season. I do think we need a CB, and a one year deal for Huth isnt a bad shout

Oh behave, he is the best defender this club has had in the last 30 years at least, and anyone with half a football brain can see that.

I think he had one bad game, Preston away, where Hugill got the better of him.

But please name just one "calamatous" moment of his and prove me wrong.

Anyway Warnock can see how good he is and that's all that matters, luckily.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Oh behave, he is the best defender this club has had in the last 30 years at least, and anyone with half a football brain can see that.

Theres been plenty, even Warnocks mentioned it himself when referring to him over playing.

Dont get me wrong i love bamba, but best defender in 30 years? hes not even the best defender in the squad. I hope he steps up and is brilliant next season, but theres certainly question marks and another CB wouldnt hurt us

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Silly statement, he's nowhere near as good as Morrison, Hudson was better as well, Bamba is good but he's no Mozza

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Warnock has said defence is not his priority, so this is strange. I really think we're fine at centreback.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Made up nothing in this.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:56 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Made up nothing in this.

Agreed.

Made up story.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Theres been plenty, even Warnocks mentioned it himself when referring to him over playing.

Dont get me wrong i love bamba, but best defender in 30 years? hes not even the best defender in the squad. I hope he steps up and is brilliant next season, but theres certainly question marks and another CB wouldnt hurt us

Just asking to name one... just one?

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Silly statement, he's nowhere near as good as Morrison, Hudson was better as well, Bamba is good but he's no Mozza

I like Morrison, but Bamba is on a completely different level to him and Hudson, like it's not even remotely close.

Other than a fully fit Kompany, wouldn't swap Bamba for any defender in the PL.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

such a vague thing to request knowing isolated incidents are harder to pinpoint than knowing these things happen occasionally but ok... was it the wolves game where he sprayed a 40 yard pass across goal right to an opposing player?

the majority would agree that hes more than capable of having "switch off" moments, doesnt mean he hasnt been fantastic for us, but everything is magnified at a higher level

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

such a vague thing to request knowing isolated incidents are harder to pinpoint than knowing these things happen occasionally but ok... was it the wolves game where he sprayed a 40 yard pass across goal right to an opposing player?

the majority would agree that hes more than capable of having "switch off" moments, doesnt mean he hasnt been fantastic for us, but everything is magnified at a higher level

That hospital Ball he played versus Forest at home nearly cost us a goal if it wasn’t for Etheridge.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Rather see a couple of exciting central mids join us. This sounds like nonsense.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:12 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I like Morrison, but Bamba is on a completely different level to him and Hudson, like it's not even remotely close.

Hmmm van dyke?? For one

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

:lol:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 pm

And bamba’s Fab. Those rangy legged last ditch tackles he made countless times last season saved certain goals.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:25 pm

And bamba’s Fab. Those rangy legged last ditch tackles he made countless times last season saved certain goals.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

You shouldn’t laugh at people who are less fortunate then yourself

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Fortunately I know it's "than" yourself.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'd swap him for a lot of PL defenders. Problem is he would'nt get into many of the established PL teams. I think anyone who rates him as the second best defender behind Kompany in the PL really has their biggest pair of blue tinted glasses on. At 33 years old, I would have thought if he was that good he would have been snapped up by a PL club a long time ago.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Wouldn’t be a bad signing on a short term deal. Plenty of experience.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I could name about 5 different incidents where Morrison has switched off and lost his marker at a set piece, which has cost us a goal.

Defensively I can't think of one incident where Bamba has “switched off”, ok fair enough he gave the ball away once.

What I actually think the majority will agree on is that Bamba is an absolutely outstanding defender and we are lucky to have him.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'd swap him for a lot of PL defenders. Problem is he would'nt get into many of the established PL teams. I think anyone who rates him as the second best defender behind Kompany in the PL really has their biggest pair of blue tinted glasses on. At 33 years old, I would have thought if he was that good he would have been snapped up by a PL club a long time ago.

If it was a biased opinion, I would be claiming Morrison is the 3rd best, Manga is the 4th and Zohore is the new Drogba. But I'm not, I just genuinely believe it about Bamba. I think Warnock said something similar about not swapping him or Morrison last season, and I think he's in a good position to judge.

I take your point about him being snapped up but I watch every Cardiff game and a lot of football, so I can only judge on what I see personally.

Re: Neil Warnock must rival Derby boss Frank Lampard to brin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 pm

UPDATED :bluebird:

HITC

Friday 15th June 2018

Derby County are being linked with a move for Robert Huth and Neil Warnock would be missing a trick not bringing the huge German to Cardiff City.

Warnock Lampard

Derby boss Frank Lampard has been linked with a move for Huth but Warnock could pull off a major coup by luring the former Chelsea man to Cardiff.

According to the Daily Mail, the Rams are one of several clubs interested in Huth, who would add much-needed Premier League experience to the Cardiff squad with three titles on his CV.

Huth is available on a free transfer this summer after being released by Leicester City, where he played a major part in the club's fairtytile title win.

Robert Huth of Leicester City looks on during the Premier League match between Leicester City and West Ham United at The King Power Stadium on December 31, 2016 in Leicester, England.

The 33-year-old is an archetypal Neil Warnock player and fits the profile of player Cardiff would realistically be able to attract for their return to the big time.

Huth would be a great capture for Derby, but luring him to Wales could be Warnock's first step towards an uphill battle to secure safety next season.

Huth has made more than 400 appearances in English football, during stints with the likes of Chelsea and Stoke.

Robert Huth of Leicester City poses with the Premier League Trophy as players and staffs celebrate the season champions after the Barclays Premier League match between Leicester City and...

Warnock's sides are physical and heavily drilled when it comes to set-pieces, something Huth is used to from his time under Tony Pulis at Stoke.

Derby are a big club, though, and the lure of playing for his former Chelsea teammate, albeit in the Championship, may appeal to the 6ft3 centre back.

Cardiff are favourites to go straight back down to the Championship while Derby will be expected to challenge for promotion so it could come down to what kind of season the player wants to have as the clock ticks down on his career.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.