OUR BUDGET FOR THIS SEASON LEAKED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby jacobbird1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

"Vincent doesn't mind me saying that our budget will be just over half of what Huddersfield's is, to give you some comparison"

Huddersfield reportably spent £58 mill last season, if we're going to spend just over half that would land us rigth about £34 mill.

Considering we have just spent about £13.5 mill, we should have about £20.5 MILLION LEFT!

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah:
jacobbird1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OUR BUDGET FOR THIS SEASON LEAKED

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 am

£20m set aside for a proven striker.

Saying that I do believe from what I have seen is that we are building a team around Zohore. I just feel this could be a mistake.
Bakedalasker

Postby jacobbird1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:£20m set aside for a proven striker.

Saying that I do believe from what I have seen is that we are building a team around Zohore. I just feel this could be a mistake.

That could be dangerous. Also considering we're trying to acquire 3 to 4 loanees and only 2 permament deals we have got a good chunk of money for only two players.
jacobbird1

Postby davids » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 am

jacobbird1 wrote:"Vincent doesn't mind me saying that our budget will be just over half of what Huddersfield's is, to give you some comparison"

Huddersfield reportably spent £58 mill last season, if we're going to spend just over half that would land us rigth about £34 mill.

Considering we have just spent about £13.5 mill, we should have about £20.5 MILLION LEFT!

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Don't mean to be pedantic but half of £58m is £29m not £34m. He did say "just over" half of course so you could be right.

Means we've spent about half of what we've got available if the figures are accurate.
davids

Postby wez1927 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 am

They are not going to say we got 100 million to burn it would put all the transfer fees up
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby jacobbird1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am

davids wrote:
jacobbird1 wrote:"Vincent doesn't mind me saying that our budget will be just over half of what Huddersfield's is, to give you some comparison"

Don't mean to be pedantic but half of £58m is £29m not £34m. He did say "just over" half of course so you could be right.

Means we've spent about half of what we've got available if the figures are accurate.

Yeh that’s what I mean, we have just over 29 mill which will roughly be 33-34 mill
jacobbird1

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 am

jacobbird1 wrote:
davids wrote:

Yeh that’s what I mean, we have just over 29 mill which will roughly be 33-34 mill

It could also be 29.5 million basically your just guessing yeah
Llan_Blue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Leaked like :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am

Huddersfield spent just over 43m last summer. (The 58m referred too is probably a combination of the summer and winter transfer windows). NW could be referring to Just the summer figure. Who knows & does it really matter? Either City spend the money or don’t, either they bring in some proven quality or go for some unearthed gems. All speculation but realistically I think we need to spend 35-45m in this window to have any chance of staying up.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby jacobbird1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

Huddersfield spent just over 43m last summer. (The 58m referred too is probably a combination of the summer and winter transfer windows). NW could be referring to Just the summer figure. Who knows & does it really matter? Either City spend the money or don’t, either they bring in some proven quality or go for some unearthed gems. All speculation but realistically I think we need to spend 35-45m in this window to have any chance of staying up.

A budget is generally over the whole season which would amount to them spending 58 mill, and yeh but it just gauges what players we can expect to bring in
jacobbird1

Postby trotskie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't think we have a budget. Tan is a billionaire and I think he trusts Neil enough to make investments. The first 2 signings look this way.
trotskie

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm

trotskie wrote:I don't think we have a budget. Tan is a billionaire and I think he trusts Neil enough to make investments. The first 2 signings look this way.

He’s a billionaire from being a brilliant businessman every business will have a budget.

We will have one
Llan_Blue

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Warnock is a clever man he could easily be saying this so clubs don’t try and rip us off if we are interested in a player
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Any talk of budgets this time round is a smokescreen. This type of deception is necessary to provent us being screwed over - the club has learned a valuable lesson from last promotion. There will be a budget, but we’ll never know what that is unless we were sat in with vin and neil at their meeting. My view - spend as little as poss and happy to see hungry championship players arriving anyday instead of overpaid relegated prem Charlies. Essential we avoid mercenaries.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Any talk of budgets this time round is a smokescreen. This type of deception is necessary to provent us being screwed over - the club has learned a valuable lesson from last promotion. There will be a budget, but we’ll never know what that is unless we were sat in with vin and neil at their meeting. My view - spend as little as poss and happy to see hungry championship players arriving anyday instead of overpaid relegated prem Charlies. Essential we avoid mercenaries.

Spot on Scouse
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Huddersfields budget this year is £100Mil (maybe), so ours could be £50Mill :thumbup:

Who knows, it is what it is and we will have to do what we can with it :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:03 pm

I think we’ll spend £40m in the end your not going to get much from anything less tbf and you can only go so far on freebies
Blue_Barber

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 pm

The reference to Huddersfield’s budget was in reference to their wage bill, nothing to do with transfer fees amounts.
Carpe Diem

Return to General Chat