What a game !

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Portugal v Spain
Great game to watch, can't wait for the season to start now :ayatollah:

Re: What a game !

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Marto wrote:Portugal v Spain
Great game to watch, can't wait for the season to start now :ayatollah:

Football from another planet, which could give rise to the most unlikely sporting headline of all time...."Neil Warnock announced as the new manager of Spain" heh heh

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 pm

Simply had everything and for Ronaldo to have the audacity to take that freekick the way he did, he is simply the greatest footballer I’ve ever seen

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Brilliant game, I loved the way Portugal played as well not letting Spain just tippy tap it about but then Spain launched it long, brilliant.

Ronaldo class.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Ronaldo is a cheat! That was never a pen the guy didn't even move his leg and renaldo just knocked Into him and dived over! Great player but a cheat all the same :old:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Simply had everything and for Ronaldo to have the audacity to take that freekick the way he did, he is simply the greatest footballer I’ve ever seen

Never the greatest for me but probably the most influential footballer I've ever seen. Born to be a winner and rarely disappoints.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Ronaldo is a cheat! That was never a pen the guy didn't even move his leg and renaldo just knocked Into him and dived over! Great player but a cheat all the same :old:

Really? If that was NML down the wing you wouldn't say stone wall? I would. Clear pen, yes he knew what he was doing but Nacho made the foul that was his choice. You don't get a clearer pen than that.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Ronaldo is a cheat! That was never a pen the guy didn't even move his leg and renaldo just knocked Into him and dived over! Great player but a cheat all the same :old:

it was..the player had his head in his hands before the ref had even blown.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:43 am

Clear penalty for me.

He played the defender well and was waiting for the challenge. Just as most players these days do when in that position.

If a challenge like that was made on a City player and a penalty wasn’t given, I’d be furious.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:46 am

Great game and probably the right result (even though I backed Spain).

I wouldn’t say Cristiano Ronaldo is the best of all time but he delivers when it matters.

He’s just had another 40-goal season for Real Madrid and unbelievable when they need him most. Same for Portugal.

If he is at his best, anything is possible for them. Few would have said they’d win in France two years ago. Not saying they’ll win this, but don’t underestimate him.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 am

Clear penalty and a fantastic game.
Ronaldo is almost super human, seen him live many times and he just continues to break records in football.
For me, Isco was MOM in a great match.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:09 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Clear penalty and a fantastic game.
Ronaldo is almost super human, seen him live many times and he just continues to break records in football.

Isco only one for Spain looking like he was going to conjure something up, Costa did well tho, Aspas looks woeful, can't see what he brings to the table, that's my only worry for Spain, they have to beat Iran and Morocco, not sure how they will.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:55 am

Wolfpac wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Clear penalty and a fantastic game.

Isco only one for Spain looking like he was going to conjure something up, Costa did well tho, Aspas looks woeful, can't see what he brings to the table, that's my only worry for Spain, they have to beat Iran and Morocco, not sure how they will.

It’s the first game I’m sure they’ll step up.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Clear penalty for me.

He played the defender well and was waiting for the challenge. Just as most players these days do when in that position.

If a challenge like that was made on a City player and a penalty wasn’t given, I’d be furious.

He did what he did against England getting Rooney sent off then he winked last night he sort of smiled / laughed at Spanish player what does that tell you? Your right he played the penalty which means he could avoided it but chose to cheat to make sure he got it! great player but lacks integrity and so far up his own arse nothing or no one matters except him. :old:

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Clear penalty for me.

He did what he did against England getting Rooney sent off then he winked last night he sort of smiled / laughed at Spanish player what does that tell you? Your right he played the penalty which means he could avoided it but chose to cheat to make sure he got it! great player but lacks integrity and so far up his own arse nothing or no one matters except him. :old:

Yup, Complete dive.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:40 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Clear penalty for me.

Yup, Complete dive.

Pens were given for defenders fouling players now pens are given for attackers running/turning into defender deliberately to get a pen and var is helping them other night defender went to clear a ball attacker nudged ball behond defender who was on ground both feet on floor attacker had both knees on ground before reached defender in effect the attacker hit defender not other way round var gave pen! :o