Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Sales

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 am

Does anyone know how many season tickets have been sold already for next season?
Should be well over 20,000 by now!

Bluebirds :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 am

Could be an extra 1 sold today as a boy in work who has started to support Man City and thinks Noel Gallagher is their manager is looking to buy one today :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am

I believe it’s about 22,500-23,000 season tickets etc sold :bluebird:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe it’s about 22,500-23,000 season tickets etc sold :bluebird:

Annis, what types of crowds are you expecting for next season mate?
I know it depends on a lot (league position etc)
I reckon 32K for Newcastle as it’s first home game. Could be similar for Man U, Liverpool Chelsea and Man City.
I’m reckoning on 29-30K for the Arsenal, Spurs games and around 26 for most of others all the way down to 22-23 (Bournemouth / Brighton Burnley). As I say, let’s hope it’s more if we’re playing well and in a fair position.
I’m certainly gonna enjoy it more with NW injecting the passion and of course we’re playing in blue.
Ps. Give my best to Santa Ponsa Blue and his family :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I believe it’s about 22,500-23,000 season tickets etc sold :bluebird:

I reckon 32K for Newcastle as it’s first home game. Could be similar for Man U, Liverpool Chelsea and Man City.
I’m reckoning on 29-30K for the Arsenal, Spurs games and around 26 for most of others all the way down to 22-23 (Bournemouth / Brighton Burnley). As I say, let’s hope it’s more if we’re playing well and in a fair position.
I’m certainly gonna enjoy it more with NW injecting the passion and of course we’re playing in blue.

With the season ticket sales already achieved, I doubt whether any crowd will be below 27k next season and sell outs or virtual sellouts for the big 5/6 games

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

With the season ticket sales already achieved, I doubt whether any crowd will be below 27k next season and sell outs or virtual sellouts for the big 5/6 games

Hope you’re right mate.
Mind you, not all season ticket holders turn up for every game - as we found out last season

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 am

It should be a total sell out for EVERY game.

It will be an absolute embarrassment to have to have 6-7,000 empty seats in the Premier League, it just doesn't happen.

If we do have a surplus of tickets left due to being in a 'poor league position' I hope the Club do what ever they can like Season Ticket Holders can buy extra tickets cheap etc or even give them away to school kids, sports clubs etc etc.

This was the whole argument of those of us who said the Club made a mistake by upping the prices but there you go.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I honestly believe Cardiff will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

We will never go below 25,000 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I honestly believe Cardiff will average over 30,000 next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Agree ,the away end will v3 sold out most games too

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Even Southampton will bring 3,000 fans :thumbright:

Bournemouth will even bring 2,000 plus :thumbright:

I reckon our average will be 31,000 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Even Southampton will bring 3,000 fans :thumbright:

Bournemouth will even bring 2,000 plus :thumbright:

I reckon our average will be 31,000 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I agree

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:30 am

What was the lowest crowd the red brigade had in the premier league?.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 am

skiprat wrote:What was the lowest crowd the red brigade had in the premier league?.

26,632 against WBA.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

This time its the real deal hopefully no crowd will dip that low.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:07 pm

skiprat wrote:What was the lowest crowd the red brigade had in the premier league?.

I don't think there were that many in the so-called 'Red Brigade' as they were more vocal than anything but the temperature in the stadium rose sharply with all the hot air they exhaled! ;) :laughing6:

However, if you're interested in the lowest crowd the remaining True Bluebirds had in the Premier League, the answer is 26,167 versus Hull City in a 4-0 loss :thumbright:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Our average was just under 28k last time despite being bottom of the league so it will be 30k + with increased capacity!

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:10 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Our average was just under 28k last time despite being bottom of the league so it will be 30k + with increased capacity!

The stadium only held 26.500

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Our average was just under 28k last time despite being bottom of the league so it will be 30k + with increased capacity!

Nope. They boosted it before the season, and during, IIRC?

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:41 pm

23k+ without corporate, 3k+ corporate.

Only about 650 left for general sale

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:08 pm

KWest wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

That's was by 500 ? Wasn't it from 26k ?

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:
KWest wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We had 28,000 against Liverpool fella :thumbup:

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Becoming a well supported club isnt going to happen overnight ... we need to stay in the premier league for a good few years so that kids stop following their dads love of English teams ... for example my friend who married a Swansea girl used to buy his kids Leeds tops but in the end he gave up because they ended up supporting the Jacks .... take Leicester right now after winning the premier league, i bet even the dads could see they were being idiots and started supporting their `successful` local team too. It will happen if we are successful so pointless going on about it now .... Remember the club lost a generation of older supporters after the last relegation/rebrand. The seats all around me have mostly new faces after sitting by the same people since the move to the stadium. Doubt they will ever come back either.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
KWest wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You are right ,average was 26,500

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Our minimum is already 27k just on ST's sales, corporate and the away fans.

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Iv got a ST will prob go to 50% games due to other commitments

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
KWest wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You are right ,average was 26,500

2013–14 Cardiff City F.C. season
Highest home attendance 28,018 vs Liverpool
Lowest home attendance 26,632 vs West Bromwich Albion
Average home league attendance 27,430

2012–13 Cardiff City F.C. season
Highest home attendance 26,588 vs. Nottingham Forest
Lowest home attendance 20,058 vs. Hull City
Average home league attendance 22,296

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:46 am

Wayne S wrote:Our minimum is already 27k just on ST's sales, corporate and the away fans.

Exactly and we will sell a few more ST's before the start of the season too. Say for example we have 28K ST, CORPs, and away fans. Then not to mention people who have purchased memberships buying tickets then on top of that general sale and walk ups on the day. We are bound to get over 30k each game and sell out against the Giants!