"Striker"spend big or not.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Striker"spend big or not.

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm

We need a striker for sure. Ken might get double figures so a valuable squad player - Madine for me is out of his depth so would try to move him on even at a loss. The player I have seen at WC who seems to fit our style of player is the Russian guy Dzuba - works his socks off and obviously loves scoring goals. Apparently a bad attitude too which Warnock seems to like the challenge of. Might cost a few quid but who appears to be way above the quality of Grey and Rondon who are ridiculously overvalued given the prem league goal scoring records. The right striker could keep us in that league and is an investment and there would be resale value if things didn't work out.
Bluebird For Life

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Scruffy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

I'd rather spend the money on two new midfielder, a creative and a defensive one, think these our two weakest areas at the moment. Think Kenny could nip a couple, Ward seems to be in the right place at the right time but Madine hasn't proven himself of yet but could still be useful. I think a lot of service is where struggled last season, so would like to see that focused on.
Scruffy

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:01 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Lot of hate for Madine. Give him a chance. We’ve got Danny Ward to come back and Kenny will deffo have an impact. Yes goals are important but the load can be shared. Its dangerous blowing 20m on a striker. Mitrovic proven in prem?! Warnock learned a valuable lesson about relying on one player for goals - in rob hulse when he managed the blades. This team shares the goals, is very dangerous and direct in final third. Look how Pato became s weapon for us in the false 10 position. Its not alk about a big time charlie striker. We massively need midfield reinforcements first.

We need two midfielders & a striker. If you don’t score goals in the Premiership you will be relegated. Nothing against any of our strikers but have any of them played in the Premiership? Can you honestly see any of them doing anything in the
Premiership? I think Zohore will do ok but I have far less confindence in Madine & less in Ward again. We need a decent striker proven at this level. Rondon/Mitrovic/Hernandez/Niasse or a striker of equivalent standard from overseas.

Yeah we need goals, look at the top ten scorers last season and get realistic! Our goals will come from all over. Yeah we need 2 midfielders for sure but we are striker heavy unless we can sell one or two it’s not the priority IMO

Yes I am being realistic! We need a quality striker. The Premiership is a huge step up from the Championship & we will not be scoring goals ‘from all over’. If you go to watch the games regularly you will know that none of our strikers are tested at this level, Zohore will be fine but Madine will be a huge gamble & Ward is a Championship player. We 100% need a striker.

Who do you have in mind? Guarantee there is not a Prem proven striker out there within a budget “half of Huddersfield’s” that will guarantee us goals? At the moment we have no central midfield grit, pace or creativity. I’d sooner see two CMs and a new pacey RB before a striker. Obviously, I live in the states, but iFollow kindly allowed me to watch 95% of Home and away games - more than I ever saw when living in UK.

Look. We’d all love an Aguero. Get real! It aint happening. There’s no budget for that. That list of strikers above, barring Glen Murray are all big time charlie internationals on more money than a London Banker makes in 5 years, playing mostly for the top 6. This talk about ‘get a proven prem league player in’ is tripe. Name that player??!! Who? Rondon? A big cart horse who got relegated on massive money. No thanks. I’ll have Kenny and Madine ta. Remember where this club was last time we spent stupid money. Be careful what you wish for. Plus, at any level of football, over reliance on one goal scorer is utter nonsense. Look at city: aguero injured, bring in jesus. We’re gonna be fighting it out with the 14 other clubs. Look at Everton - finished top half, did not have a stand out striker and survived. The teams that got relegated also let in the most goals. The idea its a striker or bust is just silly

Completely agree!

Rondon at the moment is better than anything we have. How many goals do you think Zohore, Madine & Ward score each? (Zohore May do well but neither Madine or Ward have been exactly prolific in the Championship at Cardiff). How many goals do you expect other players to contribute? You look at the teams that at relegated each season and the problem is a lack of goals. We need 2 midfielders but also a striker. We are not looking for an Aguero but a decent striker that will give you a good chance of staying up.

the teams relegated every year...are poor teams, its not always just because they havent got a prolific striker..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:We need a striker for sure. Ken might get double figures so a valuable squad player - Madine for me is out of his depth so would try to move him on even at a loss. The player I have seen at WC who seems to fit our style of player is the Russian guy Dzuba - works his socks off and obviously loves scoring goals. Apparently a bad attitude too which Warnock seems to like the challenge of. Might cost a few quid but who appears to be way above the quality of Grey and Rondon who are ridiculously overvalued given the prem league goal scoring records. The right striker could keep us in that league and is an investment and there would be resale value if things didn't work out.

Ken might get double figures so ..a valuable squad player..??????????????
NINE premier league clubs had a top scorer that didnt hit double figures last season.i do think expectations need to be lowered.
dogfound

Postby Wardy64 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 am

Rondon for me. Pay the money and stay in the prem. 2 loans in midfield and Simpson at right back with Jazz. The left side looks good. We must score the goals to stay up.
Wardy64

Postby Wardy64 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 am

Rondon for me. Pay the money and stay in the prem. 2 loans in midfield and Simpson at right back with Jazz. The left side looks good. We must score the goals to stay up.
Wardy64

Postby tonythomas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Wout Weghorst for me, most chances will come from set plays.
6'5" forward would at least cause a nuisance and keep opposing defenders on their toes.
Budget doesn't stretch much further.
tonythomas

Previous

Return to General Chat