"Striker"spend big or not.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:46 am

Just wondering and waiting, is neil going to spend big on another striker to alternate beetween zahore we've spend 11m on a winger 10 mill plus on a striker?
montyblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "Striker"spend big or not.

Postby kimble » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:49 am

Well if he was thinking about Rondon...who has a 16.5 million release clause...why not go £20 mill from Mitrovic...and get two loans in midfield...just a thought
kimble

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Strikers seem to be the hardest players to purchace and it seems if you want top quality you have to pay the price otherwise your picking out of the bottom of the basket after everybody else has picked.its got to be 10m plus madine cost 5m so that our yard stick.
montyblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Looks like there is a wage structure in place at the club. Not just a matter of buying a player, it is also paying the salary his agent will try to negotiate. The player also has to want to come to Cardiff as well.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Fair to say that we need to bring in a decent striker otherwise Championship here we come. I cannot see where we will get enough goals to survive in the Premiership. Think Zohore will do ok but he can’t win a battle by himself. Will Madine play & if so how often? If he does play how many goals can Zohore/Madine muster between them. Cannot see Ward get a look in and may well be sold or go out on loan.

Hernandez on a free would be a decent cheap option whilst Rondon/Mitrovic, etc are the expensive option but they would brings you goals. I believe that it is one position that City desparetly do need to bring in that extra quality. Don’t score goals in the Premiership and you will get relegated.

Think we need a quality striker and a creative midfielder. If Grujic or Gunnar are not about then a quality defensive midfielder as well.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby City Slicker » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm

kimble wrote:Well if he was thinking about Rondon...who has a 16.5 million release clause...why not go £20 mill from Mitrovic...and get two loans in midfield...just a thought

Agree, Mitrovic would be special
City Slicker

Postby wez1927 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Go and get a foreign striker on loan ,no need to spend big on a player that could flop
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby JakeBluebird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:42 pm

I think he may got for that Icelandic lad, Finnboagason, not sure on his value
JakeBluebird

Postby Dahboy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:56 pm

montyblue wrote:Just wondering and waiting, is neil going to spend big on another striker to alternate beetween zahore we've spend 11m on a winger 10 mill plus on a striker?

Let me just say this, goals keep you in the premier league so for me 10-15 mill on a proven striker.
Dahboy

Postby Deano1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 am

Get what we can for Madine and buy Mitrovic, he would be perfect
Deano1

Postby stevee1966 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:25 am

Mitrovic who couldn't score for Newcastle and was shipped out of the club on loan.

Not really proven in the Premiership. Also sure that if they want him, Fulham will get first shout.
stevee1966

Postby montyblue » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:41 am

Salomon rondon better fit for us proven in prem with albion works his socks off.
montyblue

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 am

I think Zohore will do ok but don't think Madine or award can make the step up IMO. We need someone who is better than Zohore and would say we need to spend somewhere in the region of about 15-20million. I know that money doesn't always pay off and you can strike it lucky and get a striker in for peanuts who turns out to be Jamie Vardy but we need to invest abit to give ourselves a chance of staying up IMO.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby mr_nellio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 am

My mate who is a Fulham fan says they are obliged too buy Mitrovic now they've been promoted. Deal in as part of the loan. Not sure if he is getting confused with a pre set transfer fee if they want to buy him but he claims they have to.

I wouldn't want him. Done very little in the premier league.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Crayfish » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:53 pm

£16.5 million is not a bad price for Rondon who has a proven premier league pedigree, would much prefer him to Mitrovic who is overpriced at 20 million.
Crayfish

Postby City Slicker » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Deano1 wrote:Get what we can for Madine and buy Mitrovic, he would be perfect

If we can get him to change his name to Madinovic we might get a couple of quid for him.
City Slicker

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Lot of hate for Madine. Give him a chance. We’ve got Danny Ward to come back and Kenny will deffo have an impact. Yes goals are important but the load can be shared. Its dangerous blowing 20m on a striker. Mitrovic proven in prem?! Warnock learned a valuable lesson about relying on one player for goals - in rob hulse when he managed the blades. This team shares the goals, is very dangerous and direct in final third. Look how Pato became s weapon for us in the false 10 position. Its not alk about a big time charlie striker. We massively need midfield reinforcements first.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:27 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Lot of hate for Madine. Give him a chance. We’ve got Danny Ward to come back and Kenny will deffo have an impact. Yes goals are important but the load can be shared. Its dangerous blowing 20m on a striker. Mitrovic proven in prem?! Warnock learned a valuable lesson about relying on one player for goals - in rob hulse when he managed the blades. This team shares the goals, is very dangerous and direct in final third. Look how Pato became s weapon for us in the false 10 position. Its not alk about a big time charlie striker. We massively need midfield reinforcements first.

We need two midfielders & a striker. If you don’t score goals in the Premiership you will be relegated. Nothing against any of our strikers but have any of them played in the Premiership? Can you honestly see any of them doing anything in the
Premiership? I think Zohore will do ok but I have far less confindence in Madine & less in Ward again. We need a decent striker proven at this level. Rondon/Mitrovic/Hernandez/Niasse or a striker of equivalent standard from overseas.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby FloridaBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Looks like there is a wage structure in place at the club. Not just a matter of buying a player, it is also paying the salary his agent will try to negotiate. The player also has to want to come to Cardiff as well.

Spot on. I think if a deal can be done it’ll be one of the last over the line.
FloridaBluebird

Postby FloridaBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Lot of hate for Madine. Give him a chance. We’ve got Danny Ward to come back and Kenny will deffo have an impact. Yes goals are important but the load can be shared. Its dangerous blowing 20m on a striker. Mitrovic proven in prem?! Warnock learned a valuable lesson about relying on one player for goals - in rob hulse when he managed the blades. This team shares the goals, is very dangerous and direct in final third. Look how Pato became s weapon for us in the false 10 position. Its not alk about a big time charlie striker. We massively need midfield reinforcements first.

We need two midfielders & a striker. If you don’t score goals in the Premiership you will be relegated. Nothing against any of our strikers but have any of them played in the Premiership? Can you honestly see any of them doing anything in the
Premiership? I think Zohore will do ok but I have far less confindence in Madine & less in Ward again. We need a decent striker proven at this level. Rondon/Mitrovic/Hernandez/Niasse or a striker of equivalent standard from overseas.

Yeah we need goals, look at the top ten scorers last season and get realistic! Our goals will come from all over. Yeah we need 2 midfielders for sure but we are striker heavy unless we can sell one or two it’s not the priority IMO
Attachments
7C265180-0283-4407-BC12-144056A023FD.png
7C265180-0283-4407-BC12-144056A023FD.png (296.57 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
FloridaBluebird

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:17 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:

Yeah we need goals, look at the top ten scorers last season and get realistic! Our goals will come from all over. Yeah we need 2 midfielders for sure but we are striker heavy unless we can sell one or two it’s not the priority IMO

Yes I am being realistic! We need a quality striker. The Premiership is a huge step up from the Championship & we will not be scoring goals ‘from all over’. If you go to watch the games regularly you will know that none of our strikers are tested at this level, Zohore will be fine but Madine will be a huge gamble & Ward is a Championship player. We 100% need a striker.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby FloridaBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:

Yes I am being realistic! We need a quality striker. The Premiership is a huge step up from the Championship & we will not be scoring goals ‘from all over’. If you go to watch the games regularly you will know that none of our strikers are tested at this level, Zohore will be fine but Madine will be a huge gamble & Ward is a Championship player. We 100% need a striker.

Who do you have in mind? Guarantee there is not a Prem proven striker out there within a budget “half of Huddersfield’s” that will guarantee us goals? At the moment we have no central midfield grit, pace or creativity. I’d sooner see two CMs and a new pacey RB before a striker. Obviously, I live in the states, but iFollow kindly allowed me to watch 95% of Home and away games - more than I ever saw when living in UK.
FloridaBluebird

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:08 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Who do you have in mind? Guarantee there is not a Prem proven striker out there within a budget “half of Huddersfield’s” that will guarantee us goals? At the moment we have no central midfield grit, pace or creativity. I’d sooner see two CMs and a new pacey RB before a striker. Obviously, I live in the states, but iFollow kindly allowed me to watch 95% of Home and away games - more than I ever saw when living in UK.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Yes, I totally agree that we need two midfielders & more creativity however we ALSO need a decent striker. We will not score from all over the park like last season & Zohore, Madine & Ward will not score enough goals to keep us in the Premiership.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:25 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Look. We’d all love an Aguero. Get real! It aint happening. There’s no budget for that. That list of strikers above, barring Glen Murray are all big time charlie internationals on more money than a London Banker makes in 5 years, playing mostly for the top 6. This talk about ‘get a proven prem league player in’ is tripe. Name that player??!! Who? Rondon? A big cart horse who got relegated on massive money. No thanks. I’ll have Kenny and Madine ta. Remember where this club was last time we spent stupid money. Be careful what you wish for. Plus, at any level of football, over reliance on one goal scorer is utter nonsense. Look at city: aguero injured, bring in jesus. We’re gonna be fighting it out with the 14 other clubs. Look at Everton - finished top half, did not have a stand out striker and survived. The teams that got relegated also let in the most goals. The idea its a striker or bust is just silly.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Yes, I totally agree that we need two midfielders & more creativity however we ALSO need a decent striker. We will not score from all over the park like last season & Zohore, Madine & Ward will not score enough goals to keep us in the Premiership.

Why wont kenny do it? He’s a right hendful, i’d give him a crack at it. Everton were looking at him to replace Lukaku before he got crocked. Who will we bring in on our budget? 20m might get us Andre Grey. Who cant even get into the watford team. Hence, i’d go with kenny. He’s a rough diamond but he’s ours.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby FloridaBluebird » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 am

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Look. We’d all love an Aguero. Get real! It aint happening. There’s no budget for that. That list of strikers above, barring Glen Murray are all big time charlie internationals on more money than a London Banker makes in 5 years, playing mostly for the top 6. This talk about ‘get a proven prem league player in’ is tripe. Name that player??!! Who? Rondon? A big cart horse who got relegated on massive money. No thanks. I’ll have Kenny and Madine ta. Remember where this club was last time we spent stupid money. Be careful what you wish for. Plus, at any level of football, over reliance on one goal scorer is utter nonsense. Look at city: aguero injured, bring in jesus. We’re gonna be fighting it out with the 14 other clubs. Look at Everton - finished top half, did not have a stand out striker and survived. The teams that got relegated also let in the most goals. The idea its a striker or bust is just silly

Completely agree!
FloridaBluebird

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Look. We’d all love an Aguero. Get real! It aint happening. There’s no budget for that. That list of strikers above, barring Glen Murray are all big time charlie internationals on more money than a London Banker makes in 5 years, playing mostly for the top 6. This talk about ‘get a proven prem league player in’ is tripe. Name that player??!! Who? Rondon? A big cart horse who got relegated on massive money. No thanks. I’ll have Kenny and Madine ta. Remember where this club was last time we spent stupid money. Be careful what you wish for. Plus, at any level of football, over reliance on one goal scorer is utter nonsense. Look at city: aguero injured, bring in jesus. We’re gonna be fighting it out with the 14 other clubs. Look at Everton - finished top half, did not have a stand out striker and survived. The teams that got relegated also let in the most goals. The idea its a striker or bust is just silly

Completely agree!

Rondon at the moment is better than anything we have. How many goals do you think Zohore, Madine & Ward score each? (Zohore May do well but neither Madine or Ward have been exactly prolific in the Championship at Cardiff). How many goals do you expect other players to contribute? You look at the teams that at relegated each season and the problem is a lack of goals. We need 2 midfielders but also a striker. We are not looking for an Aguero but a decent striker that will give you a good chance of staying up.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby KWest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 am

City Slicker wrote:
kimble wrote:Well if he was thinking about Rondon...who has a 16.5 million release clause...why not go £20 mill from Mitrovic...and get two loans in midfield...just a thought

Agree, Mitrovic would be special

Go ask Newcastle fans how special Mitrovic is in the Premier League
KWest

Postby FloridaBluebird » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:

Completely agree!

Rondon at the moment is better than anything we have. How many goals do you think Zohore, Madine & Ward score each? (Zohore May do well but neither Madine or Ward have been exactly prolific in the Championship at Cardiff). How many goals do you expect other players to contribute? You look at the teams that at relegated each season and the problem is a lack of goals. We need 2 midfielders but also a striker. We are not looking for an Aguero but a decent striker that will give you a good chance of staying up.

21 of our 69 goals came from Morro, Bamba and Patterson. Add in Hoilett and NMLs and then compare to our strikers. Kenny 5 was it? Wardy 4 before being sadly injured. My point is, we play with a lone striker most of the time, why then she’ll out the bulk of our transfer kitty on a Striker? The image I posted above was to show there ain’t no striker in our budget and our system theat could offer much more than what we have already. I’d sooner purchase a pace right fullback and two creative/goal scoring midfielders because that’s what has been missing all last season. I’d take a keeper and a striker on a free and a winger if we lose Hoilett.
FloridaBluebird

Next

Return to General Chat