Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bloody England again

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

Anybody else feel the same just settling down to watch serbia and costa rica and the punditry, 8 mins in lets now talk about england f..k me there spoiling the program its the world cup

Re: Bloody England again

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:56 am

montyblue wrote:Anybody else feel the same just settling down to watch serbia and costa rica and the punditry, 8 mins in lets now talk about england f..k me there spoiling the program its the world cup

It's British TV mate and England are the only British Team in the tournament, its par for the course they are going to talk about them surely, can't say I have found it overbearing in what Iv watched so far.

TBF, I'm sure it's the same in every other country.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:57 am

RV Casual wrote:
montyblue wrote:Anybody else feel the same just settling down to watch serbia and costa rica and the punditry, 8 mins in lets now talk about england f..k me there spoiling the program its the world cup

It's British TV mate and England are the only British Team in the tournament, its par for the course they are going to talk about them surely, can't say I have found it overbearing in what Iv watched so far.

If Wales or Scotland or Irish qualified as well. It would still be 8 mins talking England.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:13 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

If Wales or Scotland or Irish qualified as well. It would still be 8 mins talking England.

Possibly, but England makes up 85% of the UK so they dominate as a MASSIVE volume of those viewing will be English, the amount of Welsh people tuning in is probably no more than 2-300,000 for this game right now, the amount of Costa Ricans and Serbs watching on ITV is probably next to nothing.

It doesn't bother me if they want to talk about England, if it was on S4C I'd expect it would be the same with Wales.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 pm

You could have fooled me that its British what ebc not bbc. Etv not itv,i now they are the only" british team but i want to hear about the teams that are playing on the day not this copying wales stronger together thing watching players playing darts etc last time around they had earplugs in speaking to nobody but that's just my opinion

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Of course they are 90% of the people who are watching are English. I bet if you watched on French tv they’d talk a lot about the French team if you watched on pananman tv it would be about panama.

Don’t understand what your issue is like have you expected to hear all about Nigeria all day. They probably haven’t got there Costa Rican football expert in today so have to fill the time talking about the country most of the people are watching come from and what they know most about.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Guy just said on comments on english commentary on this forum he is watching in Poland and the polish are hardly talking about themselves they are talking about the game that's on which is my point is an interest un tbe other teams of the world not just england

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:22 pm

montyblue wrote:Guy just said on comments on english commentary on this forum he is watching in Poland and the polish are hardly talking about themselves they are talking about the game that's on which is my point is an interest un tbe other teams of the world not just england

Mate, I'm not being funny, I just watched the 2nd half of Costa Rica/Serbia and all the analysis after it and not once have they mentioned England :?

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:49 pm

RV Casual wrote:
montyblue wrote:Guy just said on comments on english commentary on this forum he is watching in Poland and the polish are hardly talking about themselves they are talking about the game that's on which is my point is an interest un tbe other teams of the world not just england

Mate, I'm not being funny, I just watched the 2nd half of Costa Rica/Serbia and all the analysis after it and not once have they mentioned England :?

Should hope they didn't mention them as they actually wasn't playing be odd talking about Serbian goal and talking England? Unless kane scored for Serbia? :laughing6:

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Mate they where talking about them but at the start of the program after 8 mins just wanted to clarify

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 pm

British TV channel, England the only home nation represented. Of course they’re going to talk about them. Crack on.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Can’t see a problem myself and it’s pretty normal.
Quite interesting as well.

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:07 pm

quite seriously..you think if Wales were there that there would be no references to Wales while commentating or discussing other games on bbc Wales.or in fact on the BBC itself..

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:21 pm

England this, England that. A big irritant and turn off for the rest of the UK. Let's hope they get knocked out ASAP. Bloody foreigners.

#welshandeuropean

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Obviously more england lovers on here you win "outnumbered" so i' ll crack off, but lets see how much they talk about other teams tomorrow night then when they are on then bbc 45 mins before kick off without adverts

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:46 pm

RV Casual wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Possibly, but England makes up 85% of the UK so they dominate as a MASSIVE volume of those viewing will be English, the amount of Welsh people tuning in is probably no more than 2-300,000 for this game right now, the amount of Costa Ricans and Serbs watching on ITV is probably next to nothing.

It doesn't bother me if they want to talk about England, if it was on S4C I'd expect it would be the same with Wales.

Spot on :thumbup:

Some people love a whinge

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Most of our team are English, despite being Capital of Wales,get over it and enjoy the World Cup.Great win by Mexico who we drew with recently with our reserves!

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Most of our team are English, despite being Capital of Wales,get over it and enjoy the World Cup.Great win by Mexico who we drew with recently with our reserves!

:thumbup:

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 pm

At least it will only be for 4 games