OT - Road rage

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT - Road rage

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 am

A bit of help here guys, I sometimes get a lift into work (Cardiff) from Barry by my work mate, he picked me up this morning, we're driving down coldbrook road towards lights, some car has pulled out of Dobbins road into the path of us my mate had to break sharp, the guy was obviously distracted by something, mobile possibly so my mate called him a c*nt and told him to get moving to let him through, guy proceeded to get out of his car with something in his hand, so my mate sped off towards top road (Port road) and then turned right at Lidl roundabout to go back down towards link road towards Mcdonalds however at this point my mate realises this clown has sped up doing 75mph to catch up with him (road itself is max 50) - the guy has then overtooken mate on roundabout, got in front break checked him then stopped dead centre with his hazards on so my mate decides to go around him to lose track of him, speeds upto about 60 but is hampered by the lights, the lights then go green so may carries on, this guy then drives around a traffic island on wrong side of the road to get infront of mate but narrowly misses so he's now up my mates backside, he proceeds to tailgate us, my mate by now is bricking it and pulls into a cul-de-sac in Dinas, guy pulls in, goes up to my mates window and starts screaming, in a moment of rage he's got a spanner and smashed my mates side door in with it, spits into the car then speeds off.

We got guys reg plate, didn't get a photo as didn't want him to come around my side as I'm not the confrontational type, mates visibly shaken.

Will the police do anything if we take it to them?
Wolfpac

OT - Road rage

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OT - Road rage

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am

Wolfpac wrote:A bit of help here guys, I sometimes get a lift into work (Cardiff) from Barry by my work mate, he picked me up this morning, we're driving down coldbrook road towards lights, some car has pulled out of Dobbins road into the path of us my mate had to break sharp, the guy was obviously distracted by something, mobile possibly so my mate called him a c*nt and told him to get moving to let him through, guy proceeded to get out of his car with something in his hand, so my mate sped off towards top road (Port road) and then turned right at Lidl roundabout to go back down towards link road towards Mcdonalds however at this point my mate realises this clown has sped up doing 75mph to catch up with him (road itself is max 50) - the guy has then overtooken mate on roundabout, got in front break checked him then stopped dead centre with his hazards on so my mate decides to go around him to lose track of him, speeds upto about 60 but is hampered by the lights, the lights then go green so may carries on, this guy then drives around a traffic island on wrong side of the road to get infront of mate but narrowly misses so he's now up my mates backside, he proceeds to tailgate us, my mate by now is bricking it and pulls into a cul-de-sac in Dinas, guy pulls in, goes up to my mates window and starts screaming, in a moment of rage he's got a spanner and smashed my mates side door in with it, spits into the car then speeds off.

We got guys reg plate, didn't get a photo as didn't want him to come around my side as I'm not the confrontational type, mates visibly shaken.

only if they trap him on cctv making some of the driving moves your suggested.

road rage can take all of us, but this sounds way OTT, to be honest your best bet would have been to call the police when he was up your ass.

ultimately, its good that your both ok! :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:A bit of help here guys, I sometimes get a lift into work (Cardiff) from Barry by my work mate, he picked me up this morning, we're driving down coldbrook road towards lights, some car has pulled out of Dobbins road into the path of us my mate had to break sharp, the guy was obviously distracted by something, mobile possibly so my mate called him a c*nt and told him to get moving to let him through, guy proceeded to get out of his car with something in his hand, so my mate sped off towards top road (Port road) and then turned right at Lidl roundabout to go back down towards link road towards Mcdonalds however at this point my mate realises this clown has sped up doing 75mph to catch up with him (road itself is max 50) - the guy has then overtooken mate on roundabout, got in front break checked him then stopped dead centre with his hazards on so my mate decides to go around him to lose track of him, speeds upto about 60 but is hampered by the lights, the lights then go green so may carries on, this guy then drives around a traffic island on wrong side of the road to get infront of mate but narrowly misses so he's now up my mates backside, he proceeds to tailgate us, my mate by now is bricking it and pulls into a cul-de-sac in Dinas, guy pulls in, goes up to my mates window and starts screaming, in a moment of rage he's got a spanner and smashed my mates side door in with it, spits into the car then speeds off.

road rage can take all of us, but this sounds way OTT, to be honest your best bet would have been to call the police when he was up your ass.

Yes mate I didn't say anything, he was like a mad man possessed, think it's OTT that he was initially going in opposite direction to us but followed us all the way to Dinas, there's cameras on that road because there is a school just off it, my mate is going to contact the police when he finishes work.

It's made me realise its not always worth the hassle having a go if somebody cuts you up
Wolfpac

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 am

Wolfpac wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Yes mate I didn't say anything, he was like a mad man possessed, think it's OTT that he was initially going in opposite direction to us but followed us all the way to Dinas, there's cameras on that road because there is a school just off it, my mate is going to contact the police when he finishes work.

It's made me realise its not always worth the hassle having a go if somebody cuts you up

well the guy broke a decent number of laws and you have his reg number, so you should really speak to the police (which the guy will need to help him cause with the insurance im guessing)

weather theyll actually do anything or not is another matter
paulh_85

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 am

Wolfpac wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

It's not easy, but your last sentence is spot on. Being cut up etc. happens all the time. Just let it go. Not being funny, but your mate calling him a c*nt won't gave helped!
llangainbluebird

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:11 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

It's not easy, but your last sentence is spot on. Being cut up etc. happens all the time. Just let it go. Not being funny, but your mate calling him a c*nt won't gave helped!

Natural reaction, that's the problem, my mate didn't see the person in the car until he stepped out then he sh*t himself.

It's made me see the light, I've done it countless times on the M5 when someone's cut me up or tried to push in, it's better to remain calm and just get on with it, take the higher ground.
Wolfpac

Postby Northwalesblues » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:11 am

Giving someone a mouthful in the heat of the moment maybe rude and offensive but the other chaps total over reaction was to commit a series of criminal acts, you definitely should report it to the Police and both of you should ask to make a formal statement, many people believe that because they are friends with or in the vehicle with the victim their statement carries no weight, this is not so, don't be put off from pursuing this, assault in this instance sounds very frightening carried out by someone with serious issues, if nothing else he needs to pay for the damage. Take care over the next few days, you're both rightfully going to be really shaken by this.
Northwalesblues

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:21 am

Should go to police explain precisely what was said and subsequent actions of other driver, if don't next person maybe seriously hurt by this lunatic might find hes not ins ECT nothing to lose and could get damage sorted from him musnt forget hes caused criminal damage if nothing else?:thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bananas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

100% go to the Police about this mindless thug. There is no excuse for road rage and it just shows a real lack of intelligence in general. :old:
Bananas

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:18 pm

You have got to report it. Given nature of the incident they will visit him. In lack of independence evidence they almost certainly wont take it any further but he will be on their radar (if he isn't already).
JJ1927

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Sorry to make it a bit too real but how would your mate feel if he didn't go to the police and next time this guy goes too far and there are casualties.
Wayne S

Postby Igovernor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Had this chap tailgating me yesterday, I was travelling exactly on the 40mph speed limit, I braked coming up to a bend and the stupid sod nearly went ito the back of me, i waved my hand up in the air, anyway coming out off the bend this idiot was right up my arse and then he pulled out to overtake, with a car coming the other way, if I had accerated then he would have had a head on crash,the silly sod then swerved right in front of me, causing be to brake hard, I beeped my horn and then he slapped his anchors on nearly coming to a stop, he then pulled away and then we were right on a mini roundabout and he stopped and did not move off, I thought he was going to get out of the car, but then, he sped off. These idiots think that they are doing nothing wrong surely there is something mentaly wrong with them. This morning I ordered a dashcam and if anything like this happens again ( seeing a lot more of reckless driving nowadays) then I will burn a dvd and send it to the police. There have been loads of these incidents that have been sent to the police and they have been prosecuted, the police have said if they have this sort of evidence then they will prosecute.
Igovernor

Postby dadmancat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Igovernor wrote:Had this chap tailgating me yesterday, I was travelling exactly on the 40mph speed limit, I braked coming up to a bend and the stupid sod nearly went ito the back of me, i waved my hand up in the air, anyway coming out off the bend this idiot was right up my arse and then he pulled out to overtake, with a car coming the other way, if I had accerated then he would have had a head on crash,the silly sod then swerved right in front of me, causing be to brake hard, I beeped my horn and then he slapped his anchors on nearly coming to a stop, he then pulled away and then we were right on a mini roundabout and he stopped and did not move off, I thought he was going to get out of the car, but then, he sped off. These idiots think that they are doing nothing wrong surely there is something mentaly wrong with them. This morning I ordered a dashcam and if anything like this happens again ( seeing a lot more of reckless driving nowadays) then I will burn a dvd and send it to the police. There have been loads of these incidents that have been sent to the police and they have been prosecuted, the police have said if they have this sort of evidence then they will prosecute.

The general standard of driving is absolutely appalling. People seems to think driving a car is a human right regardless of how bad and dangerous they are at it.

As someone who rides a motorbike daily I witness staggering levels of ignorant, careless and downright dangerous driving so regularly that you almost become numb to it.

I would 100% report it because behaviour like is never acceptable.
dadmancat

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:08 pm

report it mate..it just might be the bit of info the OB need to get this headcase locked up..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Of course the guy was way over the top but you shouldn’t call a guy a c**t unless you’re willing to back it up and take the consequences. I bet he wouldn’t say it to someone if the car wasn’t ‘protecting’ him and I bet he doesn’t do it again.
There’s plenty of nutters around (and a lot in Barry) so live and learn.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Of course the guy was way over the top but you shouldn’t call a guy a c**t unless you’re willing to back it up and take the consequences. I bet he wouldn’t say it to someone if the car wasn’t ‘protecting’ him and I bet he doesn’t do it again.
There’s plenty of nutters around (and a lot in Barry) so live and learn.

what a loony you are
paulh_85

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Really? I didn't say it was right and he shouldn't report it. I certainly would. I'm saying you can't go around calling somebody a c**t. Would you call someone that in a pub to his face? Perhaps he upset you or knocked your pint out of your hands? I wouldn't. I see little difference.
Like I said I'm not condoning it, I think it's abhorrent.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:35 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Really? I didn't say it was right and he shouldn't report it. I certainly would. I'm saying you can't go around calling somebody a c**t. Would you call someone that in a pub to his face? Perhaps he upset you or knocked your pint out of your hands? I wouldn't. I see little difference.

you are condoning it by making it seem they are at fault.

would i call someone who spilled my pint a c**t? no. but its not the same as almost causing an accident is it?

would you beep your horn if someone almost crashed into you? because the words that were said dont really matter do they? the other driver wouldnt have heard them
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Really? I didn't say it was right and he shouldn't report it. I certainly would. I'm saying you can't go around calling somebody a c**t. Would you call someone that in a pub to his face? Perhaps he upset you or knocked your pint out of your hands? I wouldn't. I see little difference.

would i call someone who spilled my pint a c**t? no. but its not the same as almost causing an accident is it?

would you beep your horn if someone almost crashed into you? because the words that were said dont really matter do they? the other driver wouldnt have heard them

no he isnt condoning it at all, even the fella that wrote the opening post sees that the ..c**t.. remark wasnt very sharp.
and no someone shouting c**t at you is not the same as someone beeping their horn..
dogfound

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

My mates visited the police gave details inc his, got to pop down there to give a report and they will take it up with the driver of the other vehicle, they were honest and said unlikely to go any further.

I see both sides of the argument, my mate was at fault for calling the guy a c*nt, he’s learnt his lesson, it’s shook him to the core to see the level someone took to exact some road rage revenge
Wolfpac

Postby epping blue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm

dadmancat wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Had this chap tailgating me yesterday, I was travelling exactly on the 40mph speed limit, I braked coming up to a bend and the stupid sod nearly went ito the back of me, i waved my hand up in the air, anyway coming out off the bend this idiot was right up my arse and then he pulled out to overtake, with a car coming the other way, if I had accerated then he would have had a head on crash,the silly sod then swerved right in front of me, causing be to brake hard, I beeped my horn and then he slapped his anchors on nearly coming to a stop, he then pulled away and then we were right on a mini roundabout and he stopped and did not move off, I thought he was going to get out of the car, but then, he sped off. These idiots think that they are doing nothing wrong surely there is something mentaly wrong with them. This morning I ordered a dashcam and if anything like this happens again ( seeing a lot more of reckless driving nowadays) then I will burn a dvd and send it to the police. There have been loads of these incidents that have been sent to the police and they have been prosecuted, the police have said if they have this sort of evidence then they will prosecute.

The general standard of driving is absolutely appalling. People seems to think driving a car is a human right regardless of how bad and dangerous they are at it.

As someone who rides a motorbike daily I witness staggering levels of ignorant, careless and downright dangerous driving so regularly that you almost become numb to it.

I would 100% report it because behaviour like is never acceptable.

I'm not sure the general standard of driving of the majority is much worse. However the numbers engaging in absolute reckless and life endangering driving is increasing as the likelihood of them getting caught reduces. This was absolute criminality and the OP and his friend should make the police pursue it. They may not want to but their fully aware that these things can come back to haunt them if they don't act.

As an aside my wife give me a chilling little tale yesterday. She came out of work yesterday on West Ham lane a little south of Stratford centre. and was alarmed at the number of moped riders with un helmeted passengers prowling up and down the road. This is 4.30 in the afternoon on a fairly busy thoroughfare and they're out for looking for victims with absolute impunity. Made for a very nervous walk to her car.
epping blue

Postby Jock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:My mates visited the police gave details inc his, got to pop down there to give a report and they will take it up with the driver of the other vehicle, they were honest and said unlikely to go any further.

I see both sides of the argument, my mate was at fault for calling the guy a c*nt, he’s learnt his lesson, it’s shook him to the core to see the level someone took to exact some road rage revenge

Tell your mate to buy a pipe, it’s a soothing nipple substitute and the reason pipe smokers never get road rage.

Not a crack pipe though ;)
Jock

Postby ThomasC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm

shit happens time to forget about it.
. police are useless and even if they did press charges want to go to court about it?
ThomasC

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Moral of the story - dont call a random person a c*nt if you don't want trouble. Theres plenty of nutters out there.

get over it and learn your lesson.
nubbsy

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Wolfpac wrote:My mates visited the police gave details inc his, got to pop down there to give a report and they will take it up with the driver of the other vehicle, they were honest and said unlikely to go any further.

So this lunatic has committed criminal acts, endangered the lives of people with his reckless driving, broken the law speeding, smashed your mates car window in...and the police say it's unlikely to go any further? :o
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

He's not condoning anything.

He's saying there's lots of nutters about and if you want to go around calling people a c**t then one day your going to say it to the wrong person. And there are people out there who will seriously hurt you.

Stop being pedantic, you c**t ;)
nubbsy

Postby stephendavid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He's saying there's lots of nutters about and if you want to go around calling people a c**t then one day your going to say it to the wrong person. And there are people out there who will seriously hurt you.

Well said the nubbs
stephendavid

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

:lol:
Couldn’t put it better myself!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 pm

I’d imagine the police would take action. Starting with giving you both a course in manning the f**k up. And not to drive in to a cul-de-sac when trying to evade someone. Oh and don’t call someone a c**t if you a couple of pussies. ;)

But in all seriousness report it. Even it nothing happens he think twice about doing it again and this will be on record as evidence for any future cases.
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby RV Casual » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:47 am

There's always someone bigger and harder round the corner.

Happened to me in 2016, driving up a road fella comes flying round the bend on the wrong side of the road towards me, call him a f*cking bellend so he slams the breaks on his van 3 of them me on my own, clearly thinking I'm going to shit it he reverses back and goes what you mouthing at you prick so I give him some back then he gets out and goes come on then let's sort it out by here again probably thinking I was going to shit it, the second I got out of my car and started walking towards the tosser he was the one who shit it, 'oh come on mate, I couldn't see', absolute melt.

Just a bunch of bully boys picked on the wrong person on the day.

The one that grips my shit though is people who throw rubbish out of the window when your driving behind them.

Wankers.
RV Casual

Next

Return to General Chat