Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea city centre

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:If you think Swansea is bad go and have a look at Newport now that is a dump.

I had to go into town a few weeks ago, grim is not the word.

I personally think Newport is getting better slowly.

I agree, I'm old enough to remember Newport had far better shops than Cardiff but those days are long gone. Like Swansea the council have missed the boat on developing the city centre. Both Newport and Swansea have busy roads separating the commercial centres from the waterfront (river front in Newport's case), how idiotic. There is a lovely new riverside walk going from Newport bridge down to Blaina Wharf which hardly anybody uses.

Re: Swansea city centre

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 am

My ex wife is a Newport girl and my two sons from our marriage are Newport born and bred. I lived there for a few good years and still work in the area now. A lot of new houses are being built in Newport, with the old Llanwern Steel works being earmarked for massive development. The town centre is also improving. There are a lot of rough areas in Newport, but the pace overall is getting better. My biggest problem with the place are that the people have a chip on their shoulder regarding Cardiff and especially CCFC. Unbelievable amount of plastic Scousers in the place as well.
Don’t know Swansea anywhere near as well, but went on a stag night there last year. Unimpressed is all I will say.